Old 01-03-2011, 08:40 AM   #1  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Still stuck

I am still stuck and I want out of this rut!! I was doing so well when I started last April and then around September I got stuck - only lost about 6 pounds since then.

To be honest the last couple of months I have been almost entirely off the wagon - not counting calories - eating CRAP that I shouldn't - well not shouldn't but eating too much of it. I am now up from 214 to 216.6 and I am pissed. I am lucky it isn't more. I have almost completely stopped exercising too.

The phyical "stuckness" has led to me being mentally stuck and I want out! This last week I was really GOOD until the last two days. I ate between 1300-1600 with these last two days as exceptions. I need to remember what I did in the beginning to control myself. Yesterday would have been fine if I hadn't eaten two ham sandwiches late last night. I knew I shouldn't have, but I did. I "felt" like I was starving, but I think it was probably all in my head. If I had brushed my teeth, turned off the tv and gone to bed I might not be 216.6 this morning.

I still want to lose 56-66 more pounds and I would like at least 40 to be off by June. I know I can do this, but I guess I just need some tough love, encouragment and practical ideas. Help! Tell me what to read, what old threads I should go to or just shake me! Anything.
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:44 AM   #2  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Mary, you can do it. I know what it is like to get stuck, I think we all do. The best advice I can give you is to take it one step at a time. Use the "fake it till you make it" approach to each minute of each day until it becomes a habit again and you're back to losing. Do you record your meals and workouts? That might be a good way to start.

Just do it!!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:02 PM   #3  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnl View Post
Mary, you can do it. I know what it is like to get stuck, I think we all do. The best advice I can give you is to take it one step at a time. Use the "fake it till you make it" approach to each minute of each day until it becomes a habit again and you're back to losing. Do you record your meals and workouts? That might be a good way to start.

Just do it!!!
Thanks Diane. I haven't been lately, but for the last week I started recording my food again on Fitday. I have lowered my calories and now I need to start exercising again. I guess I just need to start choosing to be disciplined again. I think I got excited about the weight loss and got overconfident, which then put me out of the habit of being disciplined. I will practice faking it until I make it!!
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote