Old 01-03-2011, 11:08 AM   #1  
~*Regina*~

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Im Here and ready!

I am back and ready to get this fat off of me!!

I have gained way to much weight over the holidays. What really hurt me was when someone at a bar I was at called me a Moo Cow, I was so upset. I have to change my ways! I need to be healthy and happy! I want to look beautiful and a swimsuit this year.

Today is a brand new day and year, I feel like this year will be different. I know I can do this with your help.

My one very big and bad thing I do is drink (only on the weekends or special occasions). When I drink I do not drink a little, it's normally a lot. Then while I am drinking I feed my face. This has got to stop but it's harder then you would think. All of my friends are big drinkers including my best friend Rob who is also my roommate. I know to lose weight I have to cut down on my drinking. I seem to loose a good amount of weight during the week and then the weekends I blow it.

Well I will continue to work on being a better me, hope coming on this forum will help me with that.

Hope everyone has a nice day

<3 Gina
BlueEyes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:18 AM   #2  
The journey begins...

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good luck on your journey. Remember you don't need alcohol to have fun. I quit drinking almost 4 years ago for different reasons but it changes your perspective to see others when they drink.
JillyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #3  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Welcome, Gina! That is one thing that I struggle with too (drinking). PM me if you want to and we can commiserate together.
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:29 PM   #4  
Never Never Never Give Up

S/C/G: FATTER/FAT/HEALTY

Height: 5'6

Hi Gina!

I have the same problem as you, I like to drink. I have cut back a bit. I know its hard. But we can do this! Try a water w/lemon or even a (I dont know what you like to drink) but a DIET Capt n coke. Hope this helps!
BlueEyedWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:34 PM   #5  
I CAN DO IT

S/C/G: 300/ see ticker/150

You can do it keep your head up. Sorry you had to go threw someone calling you a name its crazy an adult would act that way.
Ky30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Gina, so sorry some idiot called you that stupid name! How ridiculous. Don't let it bug you. I don't drink a lot but when I do I get the munchies bad, and of course my inhibitions are lowered and I think, well, why not have some more to eat? Consequently, I've pretty much given it up except for a glass of wine here and there, and when I do have one, I make sure I have LOTS of calories left over in case I eat something I hadn't intended to. That's the one really important thing about this journey, is planning. I plan ahead all the time, so I'm never stuck at a special occasion with no calories to spend (I don't know what plan you are following, but I am a calorie counter). Anyhow welcome!!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:34 PM   #7  
~*Regina*~

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/150

Ya, tell me about it.... It was very crowded at the bar and I was trying to get by. I bumped into him and that's when he turned around and said that. I am not letting it get to me.

I do like diet coke and captain but I would rather have a beer which is what I mostly drink . I am going to try my best and only have clear alcohols since they are fewer in calories but defiantly not as often.

I am starving right now, lol. I did not get to the store last night so I have nothing to snack on until I get home from work. The only thing is a vending machine and I wont go near it! I had oatmeal for breakfast and then a lean cuisine with a 100 calorie snack pack (490 calories so far today). I have drank 1/2 gallon of water already today hoping that would help but it's not. Any suggestions on good snack I can get for when I am at work?
BlueEyes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 247/230/143

Height: 5'0

good luck on your journey!
GabrielleEmersyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:45 PM   #9  
To be fit and FLY....

Height: 5'6"

YOU CAN DO IT! I too am BACK AT IT.

Don't like someone get you down ......i'm sure he has MANY OTHER issues, especially if he has to name call in a bar.

I live in Austin, Tx and it's the LAND OF FIT AND TRIM...........so I get looks here a lot and I am sick of it.

HERE'S TO all of us that are BACK AT IT!
Summerblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:30 AM   #10  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Gina,

Have you tried Bud Select 55? It is actually pretty good. I like it a lot. And only 55 calories per beer! How can you beat that?
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:33 PM   #11  
Never Never Never Give Up

S/C/G: FATTER/FAT/HEALTY

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes83 View Post
Any suggestions on good snack I can get for when I am at work?
I usually bring:
Banana
Orange
Celery w/Peanut Butter
Yogurt

Hope this helps!
BlueEyedWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:47 PM   #12  
Resisting the Urge

S/C/G: 282.4/Ticker/199.9

Height: 5'8"

Welcome BlueEyes!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes83 View Post
Any suggestions on good snack I can get for when I am at work?
Things I snack on at work:
-Clemintines (cuties): easy to peel and taste so good.
-Grapefruit: Not as easy to peel but if you eat it slow it lasts forever!
-Apples: Cut them up and put them in a baggie with a little lemon juice and snack on them all day.
-Celery and carrots are always easy to keep at your desk.
-Keep a stash of plain oatmeal and healthy microwave popcorn.
-If I absolutly have to have something out of the vending machine I make it pretzels.
-Sugar free gum is a must to keep your mouth happy!!

Also like HadEnough said, have you looked at MGD 64 or Bud Select 55 if you want to drink beer while you are out? Great low calorie substitute for a night out on the town!
Essa415 is offline   Reply With Quote