20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 12:09 PM   #1  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Default Team Red Lace Chat

Here is where you get to know your team mates! Just a reminder, chatting is not required to be part of the challenge, although it is strongly suggested!

Good luck everyone!!!

Here is your team…

Team Red Lace

amylou
audri8301
Brown
Gekster
gypsychic
HotChildInTheCity
IrishRose
jaimie1980
Jelbelle
JennWantsToLose
kaelah
Kalilung
KaylaChristine
Krizstyling
Laureedee
nicollem
Princess of the KING
rainbowstripe
ruby5839
skigirl84
toastedsmoke
tschaff04

Last edited by KimL1214; 01-09-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:41 PM   #2  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 250/check tracker/150

Yay! Go Red Lace!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 06:46 PM   #3  
Make it to the moon...

Hey ladies! Let's start off the challenge with some introductions!!!
As of right now, I will be in charge of all the statistics for this challenge. I will also lead team discussion for Team Pink Silk, and am looking for someone to head up discussions/daily questions for Team Red Lace. My only requirement for this is that you have participated actively in previous challenges. Please PM me if you are interested!

Most Recent NSV:
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge:
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal:
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome:
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself:
Old 12-31-2010, 07:27 PM   #4  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 250/check tracker/150

Aww, I would have volunteered but I haven't been in other challenges. Oh well, I will be active in this one.

Most Recent NSV: I have no idea what NSV means. *blush*
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: To continuously lose weight. No gains.
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Continue doing WW and working out, successfully.
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Easter!!!! I have two little ones who will surely get lots of sweet treats. My birthday and my husband's birthday are also in April. So April in general. YIKES!
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I don't know of anything else that matters to share. But feel free to ask any questions.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Most Recent NSV: Feeling/seeing my collarbones!!! i find it so gross but so awesome at the same time
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: Not gain- be out of the 200's
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Work out 5 days a week and drink my water!
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Staying out of the fridge!
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: Nope
Old 01-01-2011, 09:16 AM   #6  
I'm what I set out to be

S/C/G: 179/ticker/not quite sure

Height: 5'9''

Hey gals! Wow, we sure have a sassy team name

Most Recent NSV: Can somebody,please, tell what this means?
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 165lbs or lower
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: calorie counting, exercising, reaching 12 000 steps per day
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: in my country, Christmas is celebrated January 7th, but it's just one or two meals, my real challenge and most important New Year's resolution (and cause of my excess weight) is binging/emotional overeating, and I'm working on conquering it
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: This year is THE year for me, my winning season and I' hoping to get fit and stay fit, company makes it easier, so let's do this together! Go Red lace team!
Old 01-01-2011, 12:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 183/183/160

Height: 5'6"

Most Recent NSV:
ONEderland!

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge:
-10lbs

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal:
Well for one, get back on plan. And two, give it my all. 100%. Because I know when I actually try, I succeed.

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome:
Absolutely none!

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself:
I'm really optimistic this year! I've lost 41ish lbs since Sept, and I refuse to stop here and accept it. The holidays are over, time to get back to work =)

Last edited by Jelbelle; 01-03-2011 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #8  
could be so pretty

S/C/G: 325/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

*NSV, i believe, means "non scale victory".

Most Recent NSV: Every morning i used to wake up and my feet would hurt just to put weight on them. That has stopped happening.
Weight Loss Goal for the Challenge: i have two, the healthy, doctor recommended and the notsomuch. 12 lbs/18 lbs
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Calorie counting and walking + trips to the gym or 30DS video.
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: I'm lucky, there are no birthdays or eating holidays for me in January. That said, I have to overcome my personal inner laziness. It's a towering giant of inertia.
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: *points to sig* I actually started out losing weight in December '08, but gained back almost all of my progress in the two years i've been missing from here. I can't remember what made me stop trying the first time, but i suspect it was school and laziness. This time 'round, i finally graduated and i have a very good job. My life is much more routine-based than it has been in the past, and i find that tends to make losing weight easier.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:16 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 167/Ticker/147

Height: 5'-2"

Most Recent NSV: went on a 5 mile back country ski trip and felt great and kept up with the group
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: reach 155 lbs
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: working with my trainer and eating better
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: I just found out I didn't pass a huge exam for work so I will be spending the next 4 months studying a lot it will make getting to the gym tough so I will have to make some time.
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I'm excited to achieve!!!

Last edited by skigirl84; 01-01-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 241/188.8/120

Height: 5' 2"

Most Recent NSV: Jogged a mile last month for the first time in my life (then I got bronchitis so I haven't been able to do it since)
Weight Loss Goal for the Challenge: 10 pounds
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Maintain a daily calorie deficit of about 700, limit grain servings
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: I am extremely busy between work and finishing my Master's
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I can't wait to get back onto my work schedule on Monday because it makes staying on plan so much easier!
Old 01-01-2011, 10:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 410/408/120

Height: 5'6"

Most Recent NSV: Fitting into a pair of jeans.
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: -20 pounds. I know that's a lot, but since I'm a lot heavier, weight falls off when I actually stick to it.
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Spend time dedicated to me throughout the day - trying new things that I want to do and working toward bettering me in every way possible, including in health.
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Convincing myself to get outside and do C25K rain or shine, eating less.
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I'm super excited. I got my three new Biggest Loser DVDs ready to go.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:40 PM   #12  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 311/Ticker/175

Height: 5'6''

Most Recent NSV: Counting my calories two days in a row
Weight Loss Goal for the Challenge: To be under 250.. so a little over 10 pounds.
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Counting carbs and calories, doing some kind of work out at least 3x a week
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Actually getting the calorie deficit I want because of lack in opportunity to work out.. I will have to really push myself to fit it in.
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I took a "break" during this last semester because I started a program that was very stressful and I was having a hard time keeping track of everything, but I am back and ready to go. This semester will be stressful, but should be much more routine, which will make things easier to work around planning and counting.

Last edited by Gekster; 01-01-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:18 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

First let me say, Kim, you rock! You must be super organized to take this all on and keep it so well put together! Thanks for your hard work and doing this all for us!

Most Recent NSV: Going from 36 Silvers to 33- got them this week and they are TOO BIG- could I really be a 32???
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 15 lbs (163-165 range) I know its agressive but I am starting WW tomorrow!
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: WW, food journaling, calorie counting, WORKING OUT
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Going to try to do the whole challenge drinking ONLY water until its over (YIKES)
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I am super excited to start this year out as overweight and not obese! And next year will be the year I start out normal weight!
Old 01-03-2011, 01:53 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Most Recent NSV: I can't think at the moment...
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: Would like to be at 65kg / 143.3 pounds/
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Calorie counting and exercising, just keeping to my plan so far.
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Getting back on track after just coming back from a week away from computer/internet - I tried to keep track of calories even though I knew I'd go over a few days, and I definitely did. I just want to get back into my routine now that I'm back in the city and see some more loss (I haven't weighed since my return yet)
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: Nothing I can think of! I'm feeling a little weird about having just come back from a week at the beach, the city and the technology that a holiday gives you escape from always feels odd after an absence.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #15  
Make it to the moon...

Monday Question~ Welcome to 2011!!! Have you made any New Years Resolutions? What are they? Any non-weight related resolutions?
Closed Thread