Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 12:23 PM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week of April 6!!!!!!!!!!

Good Morning!!!
Don't forget to fix those clocks!!!I am missing that hour already!!!

Ok..new week...My goal is to excercise at the club at least 5 days this week and to eat right!!! No problem with the water!!!I get in 64oz a day!!!!
Have a great day all!!!
RR
Old 04-06-2003, 02:15 PM   #2  

HI ALL.

A rainy April day here. And cold. I miss that hour already too! Today will go by too fast.

DH & I are going to work out in a bit.

Have a good day.

Rabbit
Old 04-06-2003, 02:43 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Yeah, I totally miss that hour, even though I got a decent sleep! It's back to work F/T tomorrow for me. Not looking forward to it, but I need to have my full pay.

Have to plan my lunches for the week, so I don't have to worry about buying lunch in the cafeteria, since most stuff has dairy in it. It's still really hard, but as long as I plan, I'm OK. Did I mention I found a recipe for dairy free choc. cake? I made it and it's not bad! It uses soy or rice milk, and cocoa powder. I didn't have 2 c. of white flour, so I used 1 c. white, 1 c. whole wheat, still not bad, but I think I'd stick to the white next time. At least I can still have my chocolate flavor!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!! Oh, there's a pic of me and Peter on the Baby Chat thread, if anyone wants to see!
Old 04-06-2003, 06:00 PM   #4  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all,

I'm doing OK with eating today. I made Gumbo and it came out pretty well. I used a new stock pot and I was worried about how it would come out. I don't use a recipe, I just 'put' stuff. Hard to judge how much to use in a larger pot!! It's a beautiful day here today. Supposed to snow and sleet tomorrow!! UGH!!

Hope ya'll are having a good day.
Old 04-07-2003, 12:21 PM   #5  

Hey I am back again, I don't think I have posted since Valentine's Day. The war has hit close to home, it has been a rough month. The pilot on the C46 that crashed the first day of war was from our Base. We also have 1 MIA and 1 KIA from the area. Work has been very stressful being that 80% of the ladies that work here have husbands who are over there. A good many of them are also pregnant, first one delivered her baby last week. I have been volunteering some Saturdays at the Family Assistance Center that was set up to help the families of those who are deployed.

On a happier note, I have hid the scale and just measure since that seems to be a better indicator. I have lost a total of 14.5 inches since Jan 6th. I have only cheated once, two weeks ago I had a roll at Golden Corral and it was so good I kept my promise about the gym and have gone faithfully 3-4 times a week. I do weight training with DH which is very nice. He gives me a little push when I need it.

My goal this week to drink my water I was doing really well for a while, between 64-100 oz a day but I have slacked off and had too many Diet Rites

I just want to say that I have really missed you guys and the support. I visited other boards that were low carb and except for some good info, the support just wasn't there. Very clickish and sometimes they are just down right mean. You guys are like family

Hope you all have a great day

Ellen
Old 04-07-2003, 01:02 PM   #6  
Donna

Happy Monday All,

Just stopped in really quick while I take a break from shoveling snow. Really thought we were done with this, we got about 4-5 inches this morning and expecting 1-2 more I was out for about a half hour and am about half done. I was going to do my walking tape today, but I think I'm gonna count shoveling as exercise, it's the heavy wet kind of snow and I can already feel it in my arms.

I had a wedding shower to go to yesterday, it was nice. My mom and her sisters gave it for my cousin's fiance. She seems really nice. They live in NC now and that's where the wedding is we're going down for it Memorial Day weekend.

I haven't been counting my points real well this week and haven't gotten in my water this weekend. So my goal for this week is to get back on track. Count points, drink water and keep up the exercise 3 times a week.

RR - Good luck with your goals. July is a beautiful time to visit Houghton. I don't think I could handle living too far from my family either. Far enough away that they don't just drop by is good though.

LBH - I can't believe you're back to work full time already. Good luck with the lunches. I need to go check the pic.

Rabbit - Have a great week. You are certainly busy.

Ellie - Welcome back. Sounds like you've been doing great .

Karen - Glad you're gumbo was ok. I don't always use recipes either and it's always an adventure.

Well this turned out longer than I expected. Guess I don't want to go back out . Have a great week everyone.

-Tech
Old 04-07-2003, 03:13 PM   #7  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys!!

I cannot BELIEVE that it is snowing here!! We've had at least 4 inches and it's still coming down!! DH has already used the snowblower and may have to go back out again. Boy, am I glad he's home and can do it instead of me!! Not that I can do it right now.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!
Old 04-07-2003, 05:48 PM   #8  

hello.

I bought some Easter candy today because I have to get some things ready to mail (and ds' to deliver, I'm going this weekend for mom's weekend at school). I hate having the stuff in the house. So far, so good though.

Lauren - sorry it's back to work time. ~ Great picture!

Karen - yucko on the snow and sleet.

Ellie - Glad to have you back. I certainly admire your volunteering.

Tech - yuck on your snow too. I am so ready for spring.

Rabbit
Old 04-07-2003, 07:35 PM   #9  

Thanks for the warm welcome back I am off to the gym and should have met my water goal by the time I am done.

Karen & Tech - Can't quite comprehend the snow thing, it is in the 80's here

Rabbit - Good willpower! It is hard to resist easter candy

Well off to the gym I go

Ellie

Edited: Had a great workout, good energy and drank all my water. My total for today is at 67 oz and I will probably have more. Time to hit the shower, Have a great night

Last edited by Ellie120; 04-07-2003 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-08-2003, 04:08 PM   #10  

Ellie - well today I succumbed to the Easter candy. However, I counted the points and can still make my day as long as I have low points tonight.

Rabbit
Old 04-08-2003, 04:55 PM   #11  

Rabbit - You'll be fine For me, I can have SF chocolate but I don't enduldge very often. My first experience with SF chocolate was back in January. DH and I went to the health food store and I bought a SF chocolate and carmel bar that was 0 carbs! I then gobbled down the whole bar and we went to look at furniture. In the furniture store my tummy started rumbling REALLY bad! Then it was OMG!!!!!! BATHROOM!!!! I thought I was going to die. SF candies and chocolates can have a laxative effect.....wish I had known than then So, I don't enduldge very often....and always when I am near a bathroom

Ellie
Old 04-08-2003, 06:53 PM   #12  
Working on Weight loss!!!

No excercise....drinking the water though..I am up to 64oz/day plus(breastfeeding, so it is a must)
Sick baby...soo just pacing the floors with her...

Ellie--Sorry about the war issues around you...It is nice U have pitched in for those around....

Rabbit--Not buying any Easter candy until the night before....

Have a good one..Off to cook some baked chicken!!!'
RR
Old 04-08-2003, 09:32 PM   #13  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Just a quickie to say my DH is the best!! He went to BJ's today and bought me a big box of TCBY chocolate sorbet pops!! I haven't had them in like a year, because BJ's isn't so close since we moved, and Costco, which is around the corner, doesn't carry them!! YUM!! Finally, a decent chocolate fix without diary!!
Old 04-09-2003, 11:33 AM   #14  

Good morning ladies Hope everyone is having a good week. I went to the courthouse yesterday to file yet another order to have my ex served for child support. I spent two hours on the phone calling New York trying to find an address to the payroll office for the company he supposedly works for. A very very long story that I won't burden you all with I am just hoping that I have some luck this time. I am also really having a tough time getting my body back to normal after 2 years of Depo Provera. Seems like TOM is becoming a way of life. Yesterday I had a 'skinny' day, today I am having a 'fat' day. I am going to drink all of my water today and go the gym.

RR - Hope your DD is feeling better

LBH - Enjoy those POPs

Tech - Congrats on the loss

Ellie
Old 04-09-2003, 12:33 PM   #15  

hello!

I love Wednesdays!

My weigh in is tomorrow and my scales are not friendly at the moment.

Ellie - I didn't know that about SF chocolate! Thanks for the info.

Rr - HOpe the little one is feeling better.

Lauren - yeah for dh!

Rabbit
Closed Thread