Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Old 01-02-2011, 11:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 158/154.75/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Any Beck \ Eat To Live folks out here?

New year, new me hopefully! I got out my Beck book and bought the workbook. I'm now on day 3 - not that I ever had a problem with eating sitting down. The problem is that those sitting down times included way too much fast food in my car front seat! I started back on Eat To Live principles (with some cheats) on Dec 26 and switched out tea for coffee. I'm hoping to find some fellow Beck\Eat to Live folks out here.

I have been eating mostly vegan at home for a year and a half and am doing for health benefits as much as weight loss. My big downfall is fast food on the way to work, fast food at lunch when I need to escape, and saying no to my longtime bf who likes to eat out. I'm going to try to cook some non ETL meals for him once in awhile to keep home life happy. But I'm ready to do this!

I successfully went from 150 to 115 maybe 5 or 6 years ago using TOPS and gym membership. Then life got crazy when the bf and I bought land, lived in a barn for a year, built a house.... I stopped focusing on me and and I'm very sorry for it. But I have the power to make it right and get myself healthy and hopefully just a little sexy again! And I love the health benefits vegetables so if you all want help getting more veggies in your diet, I'm your buddy!
yesyoucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

So glad you posted. Yes.. it's a process. Living with food healthfully takes a bit of planning.

While I am not doing Eat to Live - I am really trying to get more veggies in my daily plan. I've made my morning snack veggies whenever possible. I love to do roasted veggies: green beans, carrots, brussel sprouts, parsnips, eggplant, mushrooms, onions, etc.

I made a non starchy veggie soup for the week. I had it with parm cheese. Tomorrow I will add some white beans to change it up.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:06 PM   #3  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Another person following Dr. Judith Beck - but not Eat to Live.

One of the features that I like about Beck's first book is that we chose our own diet(s). There are posters on our Beck Diet Coach/Buddy thread who follow different diet programs with their own threads on 3FC.

I can see you've already found your way to our other thread; glad you've on board.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:51 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

I'm on day 4 myself. I am reading the Beck diet for life right now. I don't really have issues with meals, but I have always struggled with overeating between meals and the lousy thinking that goes with lack of discipline. I'm finding the book really helpful for the mental and emotional issues.
I'm happy to have another member who is as new to this as I am.
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/165/150

Height: 5 9

Default New too!

I started the Beck Program in the fall, but the holidays derailed me... I'm interested in recommitting. This is the first time I have tried an on-line forum. Hoping it might be helpful for support, encouragement and motivation.
ChefJoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:58 AM   #6  
doing it

yesyoucan, are you still looking for Beck / ETL followers? I'm definitely interested if so!
tarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:48 AM   #7  

Hi Yesyoucan,
I just started the Beck plan, I lost 80 lbs. in 2006-2007 on Eat to Live (mainly a vegan lifestyle), am a runner/race walker, aged 65. Last year I strayed a bit from ETL and gained back about 30 lbs. so am now in the midst of losing those pounds plus 50 more. I got the Beck Diet Solution book and yesterday got the Workbook which I read yesterday and today, so now I am starting the EtL/Beck lifestyle (for life!). I'm so glad there are other ETLers out there!
Germaine
germaine is offline   Reply With Quote