View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #177
Kalilung
could be so pretty

S/C/G: 325/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Screen Name: Kalilung

Age/Age Range: 26

Family Life: I have a husband, no kids, and no pets. I used to have a snake, but we're planning on moving to Hawaii (no snakes allowed), so i found her a good home with a biolgist friend of mine.

Hobbies and Interests: I like swimming, reading, hiking, and trolling the internet for funny articles.

Favorite Music: distorted alternative-style rock, and also folk music. (ie, Smashing Pumpkins or Jonathan Coulton)

Favorite Color(s): Green or blue, depending on the day, but my absolute favorite thing is rainbows.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking, swimming, hiking, and rowing machines.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to get to a BMI of exactly 23, lose the high blood pressure, and be able to run away from anything trying to hurt me.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? the first time i tried to lose weight, which was in august, 2002, we had gone to Ceder Point amusement park and i couldn't fit into at least half the rides. At that time i was 18 years old. I went on the Atkins diet and lost something around 100 lbs. May 2005, i decided i couldn't eat like this for the rest of my life and let it lapse. I moved to Albuquerque in July 05 and every time i tried to exercise or do a low-carb diet i would get migraines. It took until December 2008 to get to a point where i figured out i needed to drink more water and that a 24 y/o body is not the same as an 18 year old body. I started walking and counting calories, which worked out really well. School interfered, and i lapsed for two more years, but I never regained my highest weight. I graduated this december, and now i'm ready to put my fitness goals first in a sustainable sort of way.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Laziness, pure and simple. i like doing things with people, and if they're not around, i tend not to do anything. i'm also willing to let things lapse when i'm feeling emotionally weak.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Hmm, i'd like to improve my stamina (and i know this will happen, it just takes time...) and i am really getting out of the mindset that my dinners should be at least 1/2 white starch.

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than? Ooh, i like this question. I would like to look better than Queen Latifah and about the same as Drew Barrymore.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Bikinis. You have no idea how i love them.

Ultimate Goal Ticker!!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~@~~~~~~~~Valentine Victories 12 Lb. Challenge
20 Something's TBL Challenge: 1/2-2/13 Team Red Lace ~~ TBL Forum TBL Challenge: 1/9-4/10 Blue Team!

Mini Goals (blue is met)
5% lost, VV 12lb lost~Out of the 300's~10% lost~15%, not morbidly obese~20% lost~25% lost, not grade 2 obese~Green Dress Weight (5/2005)~30% lost~33% lost~not obese
Kalilung is offline   Reply With Quote