Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #1  

Default Making exercise a PRIORITY~ What we let go until after a workout!!

I'm starting this thread because one of my biggest down falls in exercising is it has never been a priority in my life. Recently, I spent some time with someone (I posted about this on another board) that makes healthy living a priority. In the same way I used to put school (before I graduated college) before other things i.e. cleaning, tv watching, errands, hanging out with friends; this person put exercising before those things.
I thought about how I graduated BECAUSE I put school first, and the only way I'm going to exercise regularly is if I put it first. So....

This thread is for anyone to tell what they put exercise a before!!

Today I let the laundry wait. Like 3 loads. The kids were occupied and instead of using that time to do chores as I wanted to do, I exercised. Nothing super strenuous because I'm on the mend from a head cold, but the point is I put exercise first!! And now its only 3pm and I have plenty of time to do the laundry. And I feel great!.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:54 PM   #2  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Yay! Good for you.
I think it is a mind set that you have to make the time for yourself and make exercise a priority.
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

Well, it's not first but I know it has to get done. I just say what time i'm going to do it and do it. That way i Plan around what ever time that is.

Then sometimes there's no given time, just when I feel like stopping reading my email lol
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Today I wanted a nap so badly. But I went out for a walk in the woods for an hour. I'll just go to bed a little earlier.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:21 PM   #5  

I have decided to hire a chore service. I work full time and I am constantly held at the mercy of chores during the week. I mean if I just have 4 chores to do that can kill my work out time depending on traffic etc. So I have decided to hire a chore service to do those chores in the middle of the week each week when I am at work. I am buying two hours of time per week, $25 per hour.

- dry cleaning need to get picked up.
- groceries need to get picked up and put away.
- trash need to be taken out.
- Need to buy stamps but the post office closes at 6.

This way every night will be free to concentrate on exercise.
AnnRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

Wow Anne. Where can I apply?

I'll do chores.
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:00 PM   #7  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

That's great!

I too follow this. 4 mornings a week, exercise is the first thing I do. I roll out of bed and I run. 2 days a week the gym is the first stop on my way home from work. I also apply the same to my meal planning. I get home and I make dinner and plan my food for the next day. Amazingly, there's is ALWAYS still time for everything else - family, work, chores, friends, etc. Maybe not as much time as I'd like, but still quality time.

Last edited by ncuneo; 01-01-2011 at 10:00 PM.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:19 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncuneo View Post

Amazingly, there's is ALWAYS still time for everything else - family, work, chores, friends, etc. Maybe not as much time as I'd like, but still quality time.
You are absolutely right!! Honestly, today is only the 2nd day of my life where I made exercising a priority. The kids were occupied and under any other circumstance I would have done the dishes. But I put working out first. It was hard to tell myself to workout while I know there were dishes to be done, but I reminded myself that if it were school work, I wouldn't have thought twice about letting dishes sit to do it. I'm still fighting a pretty bad cold, so I just walked briskly on the treadmill, but I let the dishes wait...and you know what?? I found time to do the dishes afterwards.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 183/maintaining 135ish

Height: 5'6"

I didn't do the grading. But that's not exactly a sacrifice.... Ha.
bronzeager is offline   Reply With Quote