Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-31-2010, 05:06 PM   #1  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up We Play Wii Games - January Challenge

I slacked off on the Wii once the weather got nice last spring and haven't really gotten back in the habit even though I know it's good for my balance and flexibility.

So I'm starting this challenge to motivate me to get back in the habit. I promise to do 90 minutes a week of "Fit Plus" plus a little for a total of 400 minutes this month. And if I meet this goal I'm rewarding myself with one of the dance games - sounds like "Just Dance 2" is the way to go but I'd love to hear what others recommend.

Who else is up for a January Wii challenge?

Last edited by Vladadog; 12-31-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:12 PM   #2  

Default Zumba Wii

I have had Zumba for Wii for a week and I love it. I am committed to use it at least 4 days a week for 30 minutes.
slmoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:51 PM   #3  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Height: 5'7"

One of my goals going into the new year is to move everyday! So I decided that every single day I will do the Wii.

I have Wii fit plus & my fitness coach. So should be fun.

That Zumba looks like fun. I had Just Dance but idk the disc just got scratched somehow and now refuses to work. Makes me sad.

But idk if I can get it yet my husband goes crazy over how much fitness stuff I have bought lol
moonkissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:51 PM   #4  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonkissed View Post
One of my goals going into the new year is to move everyday! So I decided that every single day I will do the Wii.

I have Wii fit plus & my fitness coach. So should be fun.

That Zumba looks like fun. I had Just Dance but idk the disc just got scratched somehow and now refuses to work. Makes me sad.

But idk if I can get it yet my husband goes crazy over how much fitness stuff I have bought lol
hmm, wait until you are buying lots of new clothes for the new body you are getting!

LOL, between yoga memberships, and fitness stuff, I spend too much, but its worth it to keep me moving. No gym where I am, so have to have stuff at home.
I am up for a challenge of using the wii on a regular basis if outside stuff isn't available. I want to cross country ski quite a lot this month, but today the weather is warm, and it will be a few days before its cold enough for more snow.
I am disappointed that the wii cross country ski program isn't at all like skiing, but there are other activities that are fun.
Will use the wii on days when I can't get to yoga or ski.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:53 AM   #5  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

I work the graveyard shift and mostly use the Wii there on breaks rather than plop myself in front of the TV for another Law & Order rerun. Recently the reruns have been winning but I'll be back at work Sunday night and I will get out the Wii!

At home my exercise is mostly walking in the woods with the dogs or stacking firewood.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:39 PM   #6  
Started 12/28/10

S/C/G: 197/Ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

I'll join. I've had a Wii for almost 2 years and never play it. I've had Wii Fit for probably the same length and used that about twice. With my new regimen I definitely plan on using it more.
Amazon has the Golds Gym game on sale for 12 bucks so I'm getting that too.
Retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:47 PM   #7  
Bride-2-Be

S/C/G: 212/189/150

Height: 5'6

I LOVE my wii. i love working out with the biggest loser challenge. it gets my blood pumping and me sweating off that weight. every time you play you workout to a different routine. im thinking about getting the active 2 workout. anyone played it?
meencanta22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:01 PM   #8  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

Hey everyone! I would love to join you. I have quite a few Wii fitness games. I have Wii Active plus more workouts for Wii active, Wii Fit and Wii fit Plus, Gold's Gym Cardio Workout, and lastly Yoga experience.

Yesterday I started with Gold's Gym and did a Cardio workout, and I did a 20 minute workout with more workouts for Wii active. 30 minutes total.

I have a recharger for my Wii fit balance board, but I can't get it working, so I am off to get batteries so I can also use that in my workout.

Wii games make working out fun, and changes it up a bit.
mumtoliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:16 PM   #9  
Started 12/28/10

S/C/G: 197/Ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

I just went to Best Buy and returned a Christmas gift for Wii Fit Plus & The Biggest Loser Challenge. I'm excited to try this out but my TV is on the floor right now. I'm gonna see if I can still make it work out with my TV on the floor until it gets mounted.
Retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #10  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

well, didn't get to the wii, but did a 30 minute brisk walk with the dog. quite warm here today (6 degrees C) and the snow was mostly melted, so got outside for a bit.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:51 AM   #11  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

I would love to join in.

My goal is at least one hour a day on the Wii.

Today I did one hour and a half. I did Wii Fit and the Biggest Loser Challenge.
shan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:38 AM   #12  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Checking back in. Today I did 1hr10 min on the Wii. A 30 minute Wii Fit Step Aerobics and 40 minutes of Jillian Michaels Ultimate Fitness Challenge 2010. Feeling great!
shan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:50 AM   #13  
No excuses this time!

I spent some time last night trying to get my Wii balance board working. ARGHHH! I will try again tonight. I tried to do a Wii Fit step workout but it wouldnt register me moving my right foot. I will try it with Gold's Gym Cardio workout to see if its the game or the board. Sadly my Wii balance board is older than the warranty.

So anyway yesterday was only a total of ten minutes. I then jumped on my exercise bike. LOL
Old 01-03-2011, 08:02 AM   #14  
No excuses this time!

Just finished a Gold's Gym 15 minute cardio workout and decided to try the Balance board thing again with Wii Active plus workouts... does the blue light thingy have to be facing you or the tv. I turned the board around and it may be working better now. LOL I did a further 20 minutes with the Wii active but without the balance board as I didnt know if it was working properly.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:10 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 169/169/125

Height: 5'7"

ok thats it....i'm dusting off the wii and gonna set it up and join in!!!
chubbychick66 is offline   Reply With Quote