General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-29-2010, 02:33 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default share something...

So, lately at work (where we all know we're being laid off in a matter of weeks), people have been SUPER negative. About everything. Chairs aren't comfortable enough, it's too cold, it's too hot, the person at the desk over is breathing too loud, driving to see family for the holidays is too much of a hassle, the gifts I was given weren't what I wanted blah blah blah everything is NEGATIVE. And frankly, it's wearing on me. So I started being extra cheerful with people, and have been trying to find something nice to say to everyone each day ("Pretty shirt!", "I like your haircut." Etc.) So far it hasn't seemed to have helped, but hopefully soon...

So I was wondering if anyone would like to share something positive about their lives or something happy that's happened recently? I'd be happy to start.

I spilled water all over my laptop about a week ago (not the happy part yet ). I know that liquid damage isn't covered in my warranty but I took it in anyway to see if there was anything they could do and they replaced it, no questions asked. What an expense it would have been had they not been so generous!
kathrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:55 PM   #2  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

I like this . . . . . good thread

I had to replace my laptop as it was 'dropped' at the airport, so I went to a store here that had one advertised on sale, turns out they haven't had that model for a month :/
Went to another store just to browse, found the same laptop cheaper, in stock . . . . and in red

And my Shaun made it to Haiti safe and sound.

Last edited by Coondocks; 12-29-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 304/186.0/150

Height: 5.0

GREAT idea!

Today I ran to the store to get cold meds with my 4yo and a man at the next register gave him some change for a treat. I thought it was VERy sweet and brightened all three of our days.
Jonesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

THERE is always good stuff going on around here. That's why I come here. I love reading and it keeps my mind on what I really want. Health and more of it. So, tha'ts my share that you all share yourselfs, your true selfs here and that's a gift we can all appreciate.
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:05 PM   #5  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

I have been in the negative myself lately, letting work and the holidays get to me, so awesome thread!

Anyway, my positive thing is here at the office.

I have been fighting an uphill battle with the girls here at the office regarding healthy foods and crappy (yet tasty) junk that they usually bring in. I think I am finally making progress! I brought in some Spaghetti Squash, Chard Gratin and shared. They LOVED it.

Now I get to make something that they will at least try, for the potluck tomorrow.
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:31 PM   #6  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

The weather outside is frightful, but the heater at home is so delightful!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

We're going to the movies to see Black Swan. Isay this is good cause hubby wanted to see something else. So he shared my choice.
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:31 PM   #8  

Coondocks - so happy you found a laptop you like and that Shaun is safe!

Jonesie - What a sweet man at the store!

lazy lioness - My work always caters lunch or has potlucks. I know how hard it is to fight off the food pushers glad to hear that you can share some good stuff with them!

luckymommy - I was thinking that one of the things that’s good around here lately is that our weather has been great for this time of year (in Nebraska). Last year this time we were in what I affectionately call “Snowpocalypse 2009”. This year the weather has been mild and my garage door hasn’t frozen shut!

Tytbody - I want to see that! Glad the hubs was accommodating, it nice to have your feelings put first

SO GLAD to hear what everyone has to share. Hope it just keeps getting better!
Old 12-29-2010, 11:07 PM   #9  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

cool thread

a couple neat things that happened to me this week...

- a stranger at the coffee shop that is an artist (I know of him, dont know him, old hippie guy) gave me a really pretty sketch, said merry xmas then walked away
- volunteered to play bingo at an old folks home, this one guy Manuel had a great attitude and a beautiful smile...though I was the one volunteering, I feel like I got more out of the experience than I gave..
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:42 AM   #10  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Love this topic!

I have several things to be happy about.

1-My hubby is on leave
2-I get to go shopping with my BFF later today. The last time we went shopping, it was to buy prom dresses, lol!!
3-We're back in Arizona to visit friends & fam, and it's RAINING!! (and it MAY snow too..)
4-I visited the in-laws today, and I didn't embarrass myself.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:59 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 160/160/135

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for this thread, this is great! I am always telling people to cheer up and stop being so negative. Just smiling, even if you don't want to, can instantly improve your mood. You have to choose to be happy or be down. So this makes my day

Here's my happy thought for the moment: Some mornings, when I'm getting ready for work and putting on my make up, my two year old daughter comes in the bathroom and says, "Wow! Mommy, look at you! You look beautiful!" It makes my day, every time. I think I'll record her saying it one day so I can play it for myself every time I'm having a bad day at work.
IrishErin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:05 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I got knocked out of the Fantasy Football playoffs in the semi-final round this weekend....but a re-work of the points on Yahoo! actually put me ahead and so now I'm in the finals for the championship! Second year in a row I'm beating all the guys....ha ha ha.
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:33 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

I love this thread!

I went shopping this past week to catch all the post-Christmas sales and I was buying clothes in a size 10, which is a big deal for me!!! YAY!!!!!

I had a great dinner with a good friend of mine and we were literally in the restaurant for FOUR HOURS.... and it felt like 5. If it wasn't 11 PM, we would have stayed talking for another four!!!!

Lastly, looking back at 2010, while there were a lot of things that could have been better I know that a lot of stuff could have also been worse. I'm happy and grateful for everything I have in my life.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:47 PM   #14  

So, I woke up at 1 AM and I thought I was going to die! I spent the next 5 hours vomiting and curled up in hot bath water trying to feel better. Not sure if I ate something bad or if a bug made it's way to my house but WHOA it was traumatic. The positives? I got to see how much my husband cares about me by staying up with me and going out to the store in the middle of the night to get me gatorade. I called in sick to work and slept from 5 AM - 9 AM and when I woke up I felt fine, and it was 60 degrees outside! I'm in Nebraska, so that is REALLY bizarre. But I'm getting to enjoy a GORGEOUS day off from work.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:50 PM   #15  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for doing this! I have gained over the holidays and I have been sick, but my 15 year old nephew is visiting from Texas and has been with me all week! My 8yo niece, and 5yo nephew have had a blast and have hardly left his side!
Also, I am spending New Year's with my Wonderful BF! Definitely something to make me happy!
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote