Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 12-30-2010, 12:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/maintaining 135ish

Height: 5'6"

Default Soup makes you warm

That is my stupid brilliant discovery for today. I wasn't sure if I should add this to the "I'm always cold" thread or not but it totally works.

I had to use up some stuff from the cabinets and fridge, so made basically the WW "Asian" soup, with a can of low-fat chicken broth, a handful of my shredded cabbage-carrot salad mix, lots of green onions, fresh ginger, soy sauce, and a couple of pork dumplings from the freezer. Put it on the boil for 3 minutes (oh, let's be honest -- I microwaved it in a glass mixing bowl), added some snap peas, cilantro, and a squeeze from a bottle of sweet chili sauce and cooked another minute.

I don't know if it was the soup itself or the ginger and chili that did it, but my face is glowing and I'm the warmest I've been all week. I actually had to take off a layer of clothing. Aside from the pork dumplings it's about 70 calories for the whole thing. Tomorrow I'm going to try it with chicken and tofu and mushrooms.
bronzeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/ maintaining 130-135

Height: 5'4"

It's totally cool. I just "discovered" a couple weeks ago that I don't choke on carrots if I chew them. I used to take a bite, chew it twice, choke, and then wonder why I was choking. Lol.
tattoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:58 PM   #3  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Yeah, I just discovered this myself, when I tried to carry my habit of making a pot of soup every Sunday beyond spring & into the summer.

It's like having a hot flash. (Or rather, it's like what I imagine a hot flash to be. Not that I would know anything about **that**, of course, being a mere child myself.)
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:28 PM   #4  

Height: 5'3

thanks for the inspiration!

I tried making bean soup a couple of times this fall-Sonoma is big on whole grains,beans and fiber. The lighter soup sounds sooo much better.And I love cooked carrots.
2Bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:47 PM   #5  

My husband let our middle daughter take a drink of his hot coffee when they were playing in the snow. She thought it was so awesome that it made her warm on the inside. It's funny when we have those revalations.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote