Old 12-28-2010, 11:26 AM   #1  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Default LOVE MYSELF Valentine's Day Challenge!

Who's up for a LOVE MYSELF Valentine's Day Challenge? I'm thinking weigh in and post January 1st or 2nd (or anytime during the first week of January) and challenge ourselves to lose 14 pounds by Valentines Day, February 14.

It's six weeks, and about two pounds a week will get us there...interested? suggestions? ideas?

Last edited by sandyfanny; 12-31-2010 at 07:36 AM.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:22 PM   #2  

I will do this. Sounds like the jump re-start I need!!
Bunti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 177.6/163/145

Height: 5'8''

i'll join as well! great idea!
Aubrey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:28 PM   #4  
Less Juicey

Great! Let's weigh in on Saturdays if possible; it's the only day I have access to my dr.'s scale in the morning. Weighing once at week at his office has become a little ritual for me.

Last edited by sandyfanny; 12-28-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

You already know I'm in Sandy! One step closer to onederland! January 1st is the perfect first official weigh-in day, because it's the beginning of the new year and a Saturday. Let's start then and then weigh every Saturday after.

Last edited by Linsy; 12-28-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:51 PM   #6  
Less Juicey

We're in it to win it, Linsy. January 1 is perfect for us! I can't wait to lose another 15 pounds. There's lots of stuff in my own closet I love that I know I can wear then. Yay, LOVE MYSELF Atkins Chicks!
Old 12-28-2010, 08:29 PM   #7  
Less Juicey

Welcome, Bunti and Aubrey! Linsy and I made the 30 Pounds by Christmas Challenge together...and we're glad to have you as challenge buddies. Think what sweethearts we'll be!

As part of the challenge, I'm going to do something really nice for myself that doesn't involve food in any way at least once a week. It might be a manicure (I love to have my nails done, but always feel a little guilty about the money) or a new lipstick or taking a walk by the water with my girl, a six-year-old German Shepherd, going to the library for new books...whatever will feel like a little treat.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:39 AM   #8  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I will join in but will settle for a 3 pound loss (to 165) since I lose so slowly. For me the challenge will be to simply stay on plan and exercise regularly. Skiing or yoga 5 days per week would be the thing.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:45 AM   #9  
Less Juicey

Fatmad, I'm so glad you're taking this little journey with us. You always have good things to say, wisdom to share, and lots of encouragement for us. Yay!

Setting your own goals is smart. I didn't make 30 pounds in the Christmas Challenge, but I accomplished my major goal...not to give up and to continue working the plan. So, welcome!
Old 12-29-2010, 09:38 AM   #10  

Height: 5'7"

I would like to join! I am currently pre-Atkins... doing all the reading I possibly can, getting as much information as I can before I start. Today I am starting to look at recipes suitable for Induction so I can go grocery shopping soon and set myself up to begin. I may begin a few days before the new year, but I might also hold off and be able to have champagne on New Year's Eve

I haven't told my boyfriend yet what my plan is... He's always very supportive but I wonder if I will run into any resistance from him when I tell him I'm going to follow Atkins. He was on board when I did Weight Watchers but that has stopped working well for me. I'm sure he'll understand. Not sure why I'm nervous about telling him.
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/163/154

Height: 5'6"

I will definatley join this as I am sure to have a slip up on New Years Eve. I am sure I will have a couple (or more ) drinks. I don't know what I was thinking starting before the New Year as we have parties to attend, but there is no time better than the present. Maybe I can find some low Carb beer to get into so I don't blow it big time.
beckyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:10 AM   #12  
Less Juicey

Welcome, Abluvion. I hope you'll enjoy the Atkins way of eating. You mentioned hesitating to tell your boyfriend. Sometimes when I'm afraid of not succeeding or uncertain about success, I don't want to tell anyone what I'm up to. Right now, it's quitting smoking. I started this morning, and I'm not telling anybody except you guys for a while. Yikes!
Old 12-29-2010, 01:02 PM   #13  

Height: 5'7"

I bit the bullet and off-handedly told him this morning.... and his response? "Great! Just tell me what I can do for you to help." I don't know why I doubted he'd be supportive. He's a good guy

Go you quitting smoking! It is HARD WORK. But you can do it!
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:51 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Good luck on quitting, Sandy! You'll be doing a great thing for your body, much like losing weight.

The scales have been creeping up...I'm guessing from not enough fat and going above my carbs too much. I'm also days away from TOM so I'm probably retaining a lot of water. I had a hot dog topped with chili and cheese for lunch just now. Dinner is cheese-stuffed meatballs over spaghetti squash instead of noodles. (Homemade low-carb sauce!) and a side salad with Italian dressing. Maybe my body will be like YES! Meat again!! and start dropping off the pounds.

I'm glad to see lots of new faces for the Valentine's challenge. They can be great fun and it's a great place to discuss your weight loss and daily efforts.

I have a huge box of Atkins goodies arriving in the mail sometime this week...a back-ordered Christmas present from my mom. Apparently it has 100+ items, including bars, shakes, and baking mix. I might post pictures when it finally arrives...I'll have more than a year's supply! I just need to make sure not to eat them TOO often...I don't want my weight loss to stall.

Last edited by Linsy; 12-29-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:16 AM   #15  
Less Juicey

Default Champagne?

Alchohol is not for Induction - we know, we know, but that said, if you've made up your mind you're going to drink:

I'm a believer in go big, or go home...so, why fool around with low-carb beer when what you want is champagne? Champagne has from .5 to 2 carbs per ounce; so, in a 5 ounce wine glass, you can figure 5 - 10 carbs, depending on whether you're drinking very dry champagne or super-sweet.

Here is a list of common types of Champagne and sparkling wines you will find, ordered from very dry (non-sweet) to very sweet:

Extra Brut
Brut
Extra Dry
Sec
Demi-Sec
Sec
Sekt (German)
Asti Spumanti (Italian)

So, buy yourself a nice bottle of Extra Brut and celebrate!

Last edited by sandyfanny; 12-30-2010 at 10:52 AM.