Old 12-29-2010, 07:35 PM   #1  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Default Remember the Family Guy episode (TTMMII!)

I decided that until the family leave tomorrow, I was going to pick little bits of whatever, get back into it Friday. Not a bad plan - but my body thought otherwise. It didn't seem to me that I ate that much but clearly, I can't take the meat/sugar combos I used to. I felt so awful, beyond awful this afternoon and evening. The kind of way when you can feel you insides have just given up; nothing is going down, nothing is coming up.

I lay down. I drank water. Then, just when I thought I'd just die on the spot, I fell into that epi of Family Guy, when they all drink ipecac. for a bet. Honestly, all I could think was I need someone to hold my ears out of the way!

After that, I expected to feel better but I felt terrible for another 2 hours, and then I fell into the re-run.

Phew. Well, this year's lesson learned ~ I've taught my body to eat healthy food this past year, I've got to stick with it!

So: somewhat shakily, back on the waggon tomorrow!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Hope you feel better soon.

I am right there with you. Too much rich and sweet. (food that is, not men) It is surprising that my body is rebelling against the food with a vengence. It definitely does not like the menu for the past couple of days. I spent most of today in bed or bathroom. I didn't need the help of the Family Guy. Now I have a sore throat. Good excuse to stay home for New Years.

Last edited by DixC Chix; 12-29-2010 at 07:51 PM.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:01 PM   #3  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Um... I can't say I've had that problem. I can tolerate pretty much any type of food, depending on the quantities consumed. I'm glad you're feeling better, though
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:24 AM   #4  
Happy Plodder

This morning we live to fight another day!

I don't quite know whether to be happy or sad about my 'intolerance'. I always used to pride myself on being a totally non-picky eater. It looks as though I've got to consider myself picky now. Still beats being obese though!
Old 12-30-2010, 07:14 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

That sounds more like food poisoning than simple intolerance. Please be sure you replace lost electrolytes as well as water. V-8 juice, the regular kind, not the low salt kind, is good for this.

It could also be a food allergy. Did you eat any shellfish? I suddenly became allergic to clams one day, even though they had never bothered me in my life prior to that. Now I can't have any at all.

I hope you feel better!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:25 PM   #6  
Happy Plodder

Thanks Jay. I'm pretty sure it was digestive failure rather than anything else. It just got plugged up. I need to remember to keep portions small and infrequent, and also not to eat a high proportion of sweet stuff. Should help the weightloss!
Old 12-30-2010, 05:53 PM   #7  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hope you feel better soon.

I don't know if you notice it, but the post seems like you have. I feel like crap when I go back to eating crappy food and not exercising. I felt great when I was, that is reason enough to get back on track eh.

Happy New Year everyone!
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote