Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 12:44 PM   #1  

Default HELLO out there...

I am new at this and am trying things a little different this time, since all the other times haven't really worked out for me *ha*. I have just started a weight loss program this week and need some support! HELP!
Old 04-06-2003, 01:21 PM   #2  
Student of the Hoof

Hi Kim, and welcome!! There are all sorts of folks here doing all sorts of programs. What kind of program are you on? I think you'll find that 3FC can offer a tremendous amount of support, I know that without this site and the wonderful folks I've found here, there's no way I'd be succeeding this time. Take a look around, find information, find people, and I'm sure you'll find success!!
Old 04-06-2003, 06:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi Kim,

Welcome aboard!! I am currently on 2 forums "Angel's Better Body Challenge" and "4 Week Challenge"... come join us for some great support!

Angel
Old 04-07-2003, 09:59 PM   #4  

Default :)

thanks for the replies. I'm a little confused on how this site works, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it shortly.

Let's see, I'm doing a 3 day diet now on M-W-F and eating "sensible" the other days. I usually save a weekend day for splurging if I can't talk myself out of a craving. I have also started (with my doc) a perscription to help with eating all the time. I'm very much an emotional eater. I feel so much better when I'm eating right an exercising. And I'm tired of feeling bad about myself.

What about you all? what made you start? what are you doing?
Old 04-08-2003, 02:01 AM   #5  

Hi kim-

I'm new here myself, I only found this site last week, and started my new healthier life this past week, although I should just start over, because I was bad yesterday, I was in the car driving for about 6 hours and we went to McDonalds. I'm jsut a slow starter, but this time I really am going to do this, next time I just have to remember to pack healthier stuff in the car. The reason I dcided to do this this, is that I am just so tired of feeling so horrible about myself. I can't wear any of the cute clothes, my knees hurt almost all the time and It's hard for me to get out there and play soccer with my 7 year old son. I just don't want to be the fat mom anymore. i remember how kids were when I was little, and I don't want other kids saying stuff to my son about me that might end up getting him in trouble. (He's very protective of me and his little sister). So if you need anyone to talk to, either on the thread or privately....just let me know. Anything I can do to help anyone else out. Plus there are awesome people all over this site. Hope to hear from you soon. Take Care!!

*Jen*
Old 04-08-2003, 09:12 PM   #6  

well, I am with you on the road trips need healthier snack thing.. but it seems that a trip without chips is no trip at all... SO, doing the pretzel thing instead. I'm going to the Outer Banks next week on a field trip--nothing like taking 8th graders on vacation with you *ha* but, it should be fun.. just have to watch the eating-- not that my metabolism has EVER been good, but it certainly has gone from slow to just about stopped!

I know what you mean about not wanting to be the "fat mom" anymore. Although I'm not a mom, I still look to see if I'm the biggest one in the room... I can't wait until I don't have to bother with that! I am seeing myself THIN! It is hard to exercise in this flood though.. maybe should start some water aerobics in the front yard...
Old 04-09-2003, 01:53 AM   #7  

Hi Everyone!!

I am so proud of myself, I was a perfect angel, and I even managed to get in 1 1/2 miles, not as much as I would have liked, but my daughter was with me and refused to sit in her stroller so she walked along too. Tomorrow she said she would ride so I'm hoping to go alot further. Eating was good and I even manged to choke down 70 oz of water. Which is actually pretty good since I hate water. The weather is even starting to get better. It's actully supposed to be in the 60's-70's. Woo-Hoo!!!!

I decided my mini-goal is to exercise for at least 90 minutes and drink 80 oz of water a day. I'm going to skip the weigh in for a week so I can get in the groove of this. And hopefully I'll have a pleasant surprise in the end.

Well I'm off, I got home from class and my daughter is still awake watching Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I need to try and get her in bed. Hope to catch you all later. Bye. Good luck & Take Care.

*Jen*
Closed Thread