Old 12-27-2010, 10:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 294/204/175

Height: 5'6"

Default Tryin to get my head back in the game

So... I did really well through all the get togethers at Christmas... and then ... the day after Christmas... I fell hard. Leftovers... and lots of them.

I would classify my eating yesterday and today as binging.. even though it's not as bad as I used to binge... it's still pretty bad.

I also haven't been to the gym since Thursday.

We have over a foot of snow on the ground and I'm having to hitch rides to and from work so I can't take myself, and I don't feel right about asking people to take me. I have ways of exercising at home, but for some reason I just can't make myself do it.

I do NOT want to gain back any of my lost weight... I do NOT want to go back in the wrong direction.

Starting tomorrow... I'm getting back on track. It's too hard to get off, to just put it right back on.

Anybody else have any bad experiences over the holidays or with all this snow?
EvilGidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:58 PM   #2  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Hey, you're here posting about it and you've stopped the slide, so it looks like your head's already back in the game--your body will surely follow.

You've had amazing weight loss so far and look fantastic in your picture; you're not going to let that fall by the wayside. I'm completely confident that you won't. Now is the perfect time to re-commit--new year, new you, right? Plus, it's a lot easier to find motivation to leave the leftovers alone when there aren't such delicious ones hanging around. January food isn't HALF as enticing as October, November, and December food.

I'm right there with you with exercise, though, and I don't even have snow as an excuse here in New Orleans. It's hard to find motivation to go outside when outside is a chilly wasteland, and sometimes exercising at home is just boring.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:17 PM   #3  

i totally understand, and i haven't been under a foot of snow. well, maybe a third of it...for me, it's part christmas holiday mode and part winter cooped up let's sit and watch it snow and drink hot chocolate mode. i have to fight both of them. but, i love winter scenes, esp mountains, and i'd be out taking some pics! one motivator is that i ask myself if i want to look back after such and such time and think i'd wasted that time or even gained back some weight. my answer is no, and that means i have to find something to get off my duff and do.
thinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:20 PM   #4  
Reforming Cheese Addict

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2''

I am having the same problem, except I've had a three week binge instead. I completely lost all motivation to do anything, but as of NOW my head is back where it needs to be.

I think acknowledging that you've done it and not beating yourself up too bad over it is more than half the battle, so congratulations on that! Starting over is the other..

Good luck!
SheriWantsToRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:20 PM   #5  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

I can so relate to you EvilGidget! I'm so mad at myself. I've completely gone off track, and have not exercised in a little over a week. I was supposed to go today, but I've been so exhausted. I am on antibiotics nad my persistent cough/swollen glands has been ongoing for almost two weeks. I need to just get up early like before. I really need to stop eating sugar free chocolate (which is better somewhat than chocolate with sugar, but not when you binge on them). I also got Baileys Irish cream for Christmas. I just think that is so sabotaging from my brother. He knows I'm on WW, and he buys me my favorite fat drink for Christmas...go figure. I haven't opened it yet and don't intend to.

The weather is so cold here that it does keep me from wanting to go out and walk to the gym. It is times like these that I feel like I need to push harder. I also don't want to gain (almost a given for this week though).

I need to refocus as do you. I keep thinking about all the reasons that I have to get back on track. I also started my TOM yesterday which made me feel like I've gained ten or more pounds...eek!
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:26 PM   #6  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm right there with ya. A few months ago my laptop died on me and I keep all my workout videos on my laptop. Then on top of that, it also snowed, then I got a new job and with the holidays rolling around, I lost track of my diet and I barely exercised. I managed to maintain for a while and eventually started losing again but VERY slowly. Today I tried to get myself back on track, I goofed a little on eating lol but not too bad, and I DID workout. I feels like a struggle already, but I know it'll get easier as time goes by.
JennieLovesKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:39 PM   #7  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

I'm coming off a month binge. Thanksgiving was the start of it all, and here I sit 6 pounds later. I made it in to Onderland, but obviously it didn't last. It is hard getting back on track. I'm having horrible cravings...I know I just gotta push through, and it will get easier, but its not fun.
You can do it though! Turn it around now before you regret it, that is what I keep telling myself when I just wanna say screw it.
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:57 AM   #8  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

UH, YEAH. You could say that I am having a rough week. On top of it, I think I am getting sick. My family is in from out of state, and my nephew is sick!. I am clearing out the kitchen this week, so I can be in good shape when New Years rolls around.
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:03 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

I'm there too. A complete month long binge
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:23 AM   #10  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

I've done some splurging this last week. Nowhere near what I might have done in the past, but nowhere near my level of commitment since I started this in May. This is my first winter/holiday rocking this plan, and I wasn't quite prepared for how the cold and all the family time was going to affect it. It's a minefield! This week is going to be better, but I forsee a few few pitfalls still with family in town/on vacation, movies, lounging, visiting, eating out. It's all fun, but totally out of my routine and not exactly plan-friendly.

Like Nola said, and as cliche as it may be, when the New Year starts, it is back to business. I'm excited, really, to push myself through January and February, so that when spring comes I am feeling better than I have in a long time and that much closer to my goals!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:20 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm with you too. You can do it!!

My weight loss had slowed down, but the past 2 weeks, with all the parties and trying to get everything done at work, I've been pretty much more "off" than "on".

Today is Day 1...
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:24 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 294/204/175

Height: 5'6"

Thanks girls... good luck to you all as well!
EvilGidget is offline   Reply With Quote