General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default NFL moved Sunday Night Football to Tuesday. Be Safe.

That blizzard sounds awful! It must really be bad for them to move a game day. The only other time I can remember is when the fires were bad in So. Cal. They moved MNF to Arizona from San Diego.

Be safe you East Coasters.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 267.8/211/150

Height: 5'2"

It's not. We live about 40 miles from the stadium. We've gotten a few inches, but it's blowing like crazy. It's *bad*, but it's not BAD, you know? I'm surprised they canceled, though. But, they canceled before the snow even started!

Last edited by Bac0s; 12-26-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Bac0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

Hey, we've been getting it here in Minnesota too: remember the NY Giants couldn't get into Minneapolis because of the snowstorm so their Sunday game with the Vikings had to be rescheduled for Monday; then the Metrodome (the Vikings' stadium) collapsed under the weight of 17 inches of snow so the game had to be moved to Detroit (with the storm system following); then the Vs had to play their next home game (last of the season) in the outdoor U of Minn stadium (getting more snow as the game was in progress); we play in Philadelphia this week (MORE. freaking. snow) and wind up our season back in Detroit! Will the Vs be the first football team in history to play a "home" game and a road game in the SAME stadium in the same season?

Last edited by ANOther; 12-26-2010 at 06:28 PM.
ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

This just in: the Vikings-Eagles game has been postponed to Tuesday because of the blizzard

ETA 12.26 18:17: oh wait, that's the game the OP was talking about [Emily Littella] never mind [/Emily Littella]

Last edited by ANOther; 12-26-2010 at 07:19 PM.
ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:13 PM   #5  
I wanna be a loser, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANOther View Post
Hey, we've been getting it here in Minnesota too: remember the NY Giants couldn't get into Minneapolis because of the snowstorm so their Sunday game with the Vikings had to be rescheduled for Monday; then the Metrodome (the Vikings' stadium) collapsed under the weight of 17 inches of snow so the game had to be moved to Detroit (with the storm system following); then the Vs had to play their next home game (last of the season) in the outdoor U of Minn stadium (getting more snow as the game was in progress); we play in Philadelphia this week (MORE. freaking. snow) and wind up our season back in Detroit! Will the Vs be the first football team in history to play a "home" game and a road game in the SAME stadium in the same season?
Duh! This one is current news and I completely forgot about it! LOL at myself.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:15 PM   #6  
I wanna be a loser, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bac0s View Post
It's not. We live about 40 miles from the stadium. We've gotten a few inches, but it's blowing like crazy. It's *bad*, but it's not BAD, you know? I'm surprised they canceled, though. But, they canceled before the snow even started!
I don't know but it looks pretty bad on TV. I think they are thinking of having all those people out on the streets in heavy snow.

Be safe.