Old 12-23-2010, 01:51 PM   #1  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Just taking a bit of a break

This whole week, I have been bad. Seriously, not in the grand scheme of things but comparatively speaking.

I was a bit scared to get on the scale. This morning I got on and I was still down .2 lbs.

I decided that with all of the other stress going on in my life right now, that stressing over the chocolate and pumpkin bread in my office is a stress I do not need.

Mostly just posting to stay accountable to myself. Monday is back on track Phase I and sugar detox HAHA
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

So are you taking a break from the stress by accepting it and choosing good behaviors anyway? Or taking a break from being good to your body by eating junk?
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:26 PM   #3  
OMW to a brand new me!

I am taking a break from the stress of counting, weighing and stressing about wanting the chocolate but not having it. I am choosing decent behaviors. I cannot say good but it is not a "free for all". Breakfast, dinner and home is still absolutely on track, work, meh that is a different story, but it is easier to go with the flow these last three days than to fight it.

Best decision for a lifetime, probably not. Best decision for the moment, yeah.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Lioness~

What I get from your posts for maybe the last couple weeks is that you are trying to stay honest with yourself and 'fessing up about the indulgences you have chosen to make at this oh-so-tempting time of year.

I too feel more stressed out because I have to exercise will power more often and for longer periods of time. I feel like it is running low and I can't find the way to recharge it. I decided that I would skip the store bought crap that people bring in, skip the not so special treats that are brought in every other week and just indulge in only the extra special homemade traditional dishes. That worked for a while but I find it very difficult to calculate any kind of calorie/WW points. *throws up hands*

You couldn't be all the "bad" if you are still staying pretty stable on the scale.

Group hug?

I CANNOT WAIT FOR Monday to have a normal food and schedule back.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:50 PM   #5  
OMW to a brand new me!

yeah DixC, I am TOTALLY trying to stay honest with myself, and part of that it knowing when I just have to let go and go with the flow.

Normally, there is not an issue with staying away from the "treats" that people bring in my office. And they do ALL the time. Just with the added stress of the holidays, financial situation at home, work stress and everything else that has made these last three months a whole bunch of suck, I have to pick and choose. This is something that I can "control" at least with some level of satisfaction. We have out of town guests (my parents) starting tonight, and my mom has already said, and I quote "you are going to have to go off your plan at least once while I am there because I am bringing you something to eat". Um ok. yeah, going with the flow at the moment is just what I have to do. heh.

On a fairly unrelated topic, I am in the middle of a complete and total meltdown. LOL. For whatever reason nothing is clear and there is no defined path for me, yet I feel like everything is rushed and hurried. Bunch of SUCK!
Old 12-23-2010, 02:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

One suggestion: keep something of your routine. One ritual. If you are a daily weigher, keep doing that. Or keep up your exercise. Something. Letting it all go, even for a few days, makes it that much harder to come back.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:01 PM   #7  

OMG...out of town guests...and its the parents to boot!! Total and complete sympathy for you. (Ugh, mother guilt is the worst)

I gotta say that the "whole bunch of SUCK" is a perfect description and it makes me laugh inside. If you don't mind I'm gonna steal that phrase for the next three days.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:28 PM   #8  
OMW to a brand new me!

Schmead-yes, I am a daily weigher, and I have kept that up, to keep me totally accountable. I am also a huge water drinker so I have kept that, and like I said, everything at home is totally on plan.

DixC-yeah mother guilt. Born again Southern Baptist, used to be married to an Italian Catholic, mother guilt! LOL. Seriously. But in the next breath, she is all about how I totally need to cook "on SB plan because her and my dad are doing it too" Lose/Lose so I give up! HAHA. Feel free to use the phrase, I used it with my boss last week when he wrote me up for a FACEBOOK post that I made AT HOME, on my OWN TIME, from my OWN COMPUTER, about my OWN BUSINESS. yeah. whole BUNCH of suck!
Old 12-23-2010, 03:41 PM   #9  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmead View Post
One suggestion: keep something of your routine. One ritual. If you are a daily weigher, keep doing that. Or keep up your exercise. Something. Letting it all go, even for a few days, makes it that much harder to come back.
I agree with Shmead! I've not been making the best choices the last couple of weeks, but I am absolutely making myself step on that scale every single day (even when I drink wine the night before and KNOW it's going to be up!) and drink my water. So far, I've maintained. Not ideal, but not what I usually do during the holidays for sure.

Keeping those little habits up mean you're not completely off the wagon. At least, that's what it means for me!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:44 PM   #10  
By God's Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazylioness View Post
I used it with my boss last week when he wrote me up for a FACEBOOK post that I made AT HOME, on my OWN TIME, from my OWN COMPUTER, about my OWN BUSINESS. yeah. whole BUNCH of suck!
That is a whole bunch of suck! But, it could be worse. My husband works for a company that requires him to hold a top-level DOE security clearance and one of the guys he worked with got FIRED for something he posted on MySpace. They deemed him a security risk and he can never hold a clearance again.

That's a good reason not to be FB friends with people you work with.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:53 PM   #11  

Quote:
Seriously. But in the next breath, she is all about how I totally need to cook "on SB plan because her and my dad are doing it too" Lose/Lose so I give up! HAHA.
When I told my mother I had lost 50#, she said "Well, its a start" and in the next breath she told me she had shipped a big box of cookies to me. *sigh*
Old 12-23-2010, 03:54 PM   #12  
By God's Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixC Chix View Post
When I told my mother I had lost 50#, she said "Well, its a start" and in the next breath she told me she had shipped a big box of cookies to me. *sigh*

It's a start?!?! Wow, your mother makes my family look like the Brady Bunch. I'm sorry she said that to you... 50 lbs is way more than a start, it's FANTASTIC!! You keep up the good work!!
Old 12-23-2010, 04:38 PM   #13  
OMW to a brand new me!

yeah seriously, I cannot wait to lose 50#!

My mom says "I did not lose the weight, I know where it is. In the cookies I am bringing for Christmas" seriously WTF.

This is my absolute FAVORITE "momism" though----"you know, looking back at pictures of you through the years, I always thought you were fat, but really you were not. You should get down to that weight again" Um thanks I think?

Now mind you, I was HUGE (or what I thought of as huge at the time) when I delivered my eldest daughter. I was a whole whoppin 175 and I had gained 40lbs with her. Yeah, the ENTIRE time I was pregnant, I heard "are you going to eat that?" "are you sure that you need that?"

Ugh mothers. I swear part of the reason I am doing this is to shut her up once and for all. Of course I know that it will not happen because this is how it is going to go tonight. "wow, you HAVE lost weight, fantastic! Why did you color your hair that red color?"

Last edited by lazylioness; 12-23-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:50 PM   #14  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Here's my related Grandmother story: She was bragging that my cousin's new wife is "under 100 pounds, just a tiny thing", and never mentioned that she also just got a job as a professor at MIT. Priorities, priorities!
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:52 PM   #15  
OMW to a brand new me!

HAHA isn't it funny how people prioritize things. Seriously, like being tiny is the only thing that matters. It is no wonder we all have issues. Sometimes I am surprised that we do not have MORE issues.