General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 07:40 PM   #1  

Default Accuweight Bead Diet

Hopefully, this thread will become the continuation of the previous, "the bead diet".

Added by MOD Ruthxxx

Here's the link to the old thread:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...ml#post3609194
Old 12-15-2010, 07:41 PM   #2  

Floprieto, it could be that you didn't experience any hunger the 1st two days because you were still on your digestive reserve, depending on what you ate the day prior.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:58 PM   #3  
Kee

S/C/G: 135/135/120

Thanks for starting a new thread leslie. I am still trying to get back on track. Ill see where i am at this weekend,
Old 12-16-2010, 08:02 AM   #4  

Height: 5'2''

Whew - glad to see this started!
Old 12-16-2010, 08:05 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I just changed the title to make it easier to find and will post some links.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:18 AM   #6  

Man. Is everyone cheating and that's why it's so quiet in here??? lol
Old 12-17-2010, 09:02 AM   #7  
Kee

yup.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:32 PM   #8  

Hahahaha Well, I still have not found any scientific base for eating only between 12 and 6 PM, and I have asked doctors and nutritionists alike who have never heard this. I think one of our main problems with being unable to follow the plan is not eating for 3/4 of the day, each and every day.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:24 PM   #9  
Kee

I agree. I am off beads for now. But have been maintaining my 20 something lbs weight loss. I am going back on in the new years. I have been doing milk days on days wher ei eat horribly. ANd i have drank tea and milk as soon as i got up also around 9 when i got off work. I seem to be more successful and still lost the same amount of weight. I am at 139 lbs. I think the biggest problem we have is the long distance program. Being in canada i hardly hear from my counselor even when i email her. Sometimes she answers right away and sometime it takes her more than a week to answer. And the fact the she calls once a month or not even once a month because shes too busy just doesnt help. So even though we are paying the same amount we definitely dont get the same amount of support that everyone else gets. And we are pretty much on our own in this diet.

On a better note I feel good at this weight but i know i could feel better and more amazing if i lost 10 more lbs. Anyways i have lost my motivation not go back to the way i was but to be perfect on the bead. I just cannot get back in the zone like i was in the beginning. And i am okay with that. Since i have tried my whole life to get to the 130s and get out of the 160s. For the year of 2010 losing 20 lbs or so has in about two a month and a half with lots of cheating has been good. I wont complain ill just be thankful for it. And 2011 i better get back to being in the zone. HOw is everyone ele fairing so far?
Old 12-19-2010, 04:46 AM   #10  

Lose25, you lost me. When did you actually start AW and what was your starting wt?

Have you done any kind of transition to maintain? I don't even know what is entailed in transition, so I was curious. Or, is transition essentially just doing 2 milk days a week to keep the weight in check?
Old 12-19-2010, 08:51 AM   #11  

Height: 5'2''

AnnLeslie,

I did not do AW transition but figured it out on my own. I hit goal October 1 and now weigh 5 lbs. less. It seemed that my schedule got crazy and I could not get to the AW office. I try to do 1 milk day a week. I also try not to eat after 6 pm 1-2 days a week.

I count calories, avoid carbs for the most part and just use common sense. I am on the scale every morning and that keeps me in check. If it goes up more than 2 lbs. then it is a milk day for me. I will have a more normal routine in January and since I am at a stable weight I plan on losing a few more lbs. then.

Loose25 - I found the AW office to be rather useless and there was NO,
as in ZERO, counseling except for processing my payment. Trust me, I do think this works, but I am not an unaware consumer.

Basically you are on your own so use good judgment and listen to your own body. That is why reusing your beads is ok as far as I am concerned. Why not? You paid for them.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:31 PM   #12  

"Weight Loss Myth: Eating only fruits, vegetables and milk for days will help lose weight. Fact: This wt. loss will only last for a week.
Many people have a mistaken belief that eating only fruits, vegetables and milk for days will help to lose weight real quick. But the truth is that this weight loss is only there for the first week. After that you will hit a plateau which will result in frustration and binge eating."

I found the above at http://www.lifemojo.com/health-guide...fruits-1885739
Old 12-20-2010, 04:37 PM   #13  

Where are you, HeldenMommy?
Old 12-21-2010, 07:20 PM   #14  

Oh, come on. With all the intensive suffering I am still doing, I want to know that I am not alone.

Maybe it's time to try a new plan. Has anyone heard of the Metabolic Typing Diet?
Old 12-21-2010, 11:30 PM   #15  
Kee

Hey. Well i am back up to 143 lbs from 135lbs. But i am not willing to give up on this diet. I had a perfect milk day today. And another one tomorrow. I am going to do a veg day on thursday then two dinners. The way i look at it is that i have to restart in January. For now i am trying to maintain at 138 lbs. Annleslie how are you doing on it?
Closed Thread