View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 01:45 AM   #1
mamaspank

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Roller Derby is my drug

So I have been gone a while and gained 16 pounds since I was last posting. And the only reason I hit 139 last July was because I had a horrific bout of pneumonia. Well, after a vacation and my torrid love affair with donuts and pizza, I am back.

Since last summer I have also turned my passion for photography into a business and sitting on my butt editing photos doesn't help either. Last October I decided to cross roller derby off my bucket list and just do it. I was ready to start four years ago, and found out I was knocked up. Best thing that ever happened to me, but I had to put derby on the back burner.

You know what is intimidating? Showing up alone to your first fresh meat practice. I am pretty sure I can drop this extra weight in little to no time at all, as long as I watch what I eat and work out a few days a week besides practice days. Maybe even keep track of my points again (WW).

Is it possible to end January 2011 with a ten-pound weight loss, flourishing career, and make the derby team? I think it might be.