South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 09:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default On Plan Thread: December 20-27

It's time for a new week of talking On-Plan! This is the place for South Beach meal plan and food support, encouragement and questions.

Anyone, from any phase (1, 1.5, 2, 3, etc.) can post, and those who are new to 3FC are especially encouraged to do so!

This thread is for questions, sharing advice and strategies, and encouraging each other to stay on plan. It is not for chatting about daily life unrelated to this topic. Members have indicated that they would like to have chatting remain in the Daily Thread, so any posts that are off topic or chatty will be moved by the mods to the Daily.

People in different phases of South Beach post here so it will help everyone if you indicate what phase you're in when you post. Thanks!

While you may certainly find, from time to time, the need to ask for help after going off plan, remember that this thread is about staying on plan. When you share details of off plan foods you've eaten, it can upset, tempt, and otherwise frustrate other members, so please keep these details to a minimum.

So, share with us: How are you staying on plan this week?
Old 12-20-2010, 01:23 AM   #2  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Today has been a rough day as far as trying to stay on plan. It was one of those dreaded "hungry" days and I made the fatal mistake of being too busy and not making myself and my needs a priorty and let myself run out of my favorite on plan foods and I also didn't plan and prepare ahead of time. I didn't eat anything off plan but did eat way too much of certain on plan foods today.So tomorrow I'm headed to the grocery store just as soon as I finish my walk. I will plan, prepare and again make myself priority number uno!
Old 12-20-2010, 02:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 153/153/120

Height: 5'3

I restarted SBD again today. I know this is probably not the best time but last night I got a really good look at the beginning of my cottage cheese thighs. I was afraid to weigh myself this morning so I will do it tomorrow. So far I had an tomato, cheese, green pepper and onion omelet. I have ran out of V-8 so I know I didn't get all my vegetables this morning. For lunch, I did a salad with ham, cheese and almonds with vineagrette dressing. Supper I am planning on making some homeade Vegetable soup. Maybe I can get a little bit of yoga in tonight. I Zumba once a week. I cannot get to any of the other threes classes. I love it!

Tall and Thin~I know what you mean when you get so busy that you forget about yourself. Hoping your week gets better!
Old 12-20-2010, 06:05 PM   #4  
One Day At A Time

Height: 5.6

Hi chicks!

FoodObsessed, thank you for the new thread!

TallandThin, well done for staying in plan and doing your best, no matter what!

redautumn, welcome back again! You can do it! It is better to be on plan than off plan.

Me today was challenging, my car broke down, I am eventually able to do short distance travels in town but need to get it checked and fixed. I am having all sorts of emotions around that, including a possibility that I might not spend Xmas with family, have to pay for it to get fixed, miss work, be getting the bus or not go out to OA meeting at all, etc. I also went to see a friend who is out of hospital and I was sad to see her looking out of it and know that she is slowly dying so when i got home in the evening, I JUST WANTED TO EAT! But I didn't. I thought what is the point of harming myself with food again because of what is happening to me! So despite my emotions today, this is what I did:

B - beans and lentils stew with cottage cheese
S - small portion of hazelnuts
L - chicken and veg stir fry except the oil but in soy sauce, ginger and lemon (lots of veg and a bit of chicken, hence hungry)
S - hazelnuts and a bit of cheese (then went to gym, which explains the last snack)
D - chicken and veg
S - beans and lentils with cheese

This is because my food and my exercise are a separate thing from my life and my emotions and no matter how i feel I don't have to starve myself or stuff myself today! Tomorrow is a new day and I don't know what is going to happen but I have cooked more chicken and veg and I am boiling eggs and making a salad and no matter what I can stay on plan for one more day because I have had enough of taking my emotions out on food and my body!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:34 PM   #5  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Phase II

B: V8, 2 boiled eggs
S: RF cheese stick
L: Salmon, kidney beans, salad
S: Skinny latte, carrots
D: Amy's Lowfat Black Bean Chili
S: Almond butter
Old 12-20-2010, 10:00 PM   #6  

December 21

Cereal w/2percent milk
Vegetable soup with three pieces of meat
Fish or soup
Old 12-21-2010, 12:04 AM   #7  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Had a good on plan day today with a very good sausage gumbo and green salad for dinner tonight. Feeling good!
Old 12-21-2010, 10:13 AM   #8  
One Day At A Time

Hi chicks! I am good with my food so far, car is getting fixed, so is my mood. I do find that I might have some issues with portions as I don't measure how much I eat and so I do have more on my plate than when i am full. So recently I needed to stop eating before I finish what is on my plate. I do however have a bit more snacks. Just for today, I did stop eating when i was full regardless of what was on my plate! It can be done! Just for today I feel safe with my food!
Old 12-21-2010, 12:25 PM   #9  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

yesterday was kind of skewed. we had brunch for our annivesary and then proceeded to get stuck in winter storm traffic for more than 3 hours.

yesterday:
1: 1/2 of an omelette with lots of veggies, salad greens with some pecans and feta
2: half of a carrot cake cliff bar (only thing we had in the car while sitting in traffic)
3: grilled salmon, sauteed veggies, salad with dijon vinaigrette (no croutons or cheese)

exercise: 60 min. treadmill
-

today:
1: scrambled eggs with onions, bell peppers and tomatoes; ezekiel toast with 1 t. peanut butter
2: almonds
3: salad with sauteed bell peppers and onions, black beans and roasted tomato salsa and avocado
4: grilled venison tenderloin, salad, butternut squash

exercise:
30 min. treadmill, shoveling snow from driveway

Last edited by zeffryn; 12-21-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:57 PM   #10  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeffryn View Post
yesterday was kind of skewed. we had brunch for our annivesary and then proceeded to get stuck in winter storm traffic for more than 3 hours.
Welcome back to the midwest!
Old 12-21-2010, 03:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 153/153/120

Height: 5'3

I have a head cold so I didn't sleep well last night. Plus, I didn't want breakfast so I didn't have any.

Lunch~leftover Vegetable soup
Snack~cashews and carrots with dip
Supper~leftover Vegetable soup or I may do a salad with ham or tomato soup
Old 12-21-2010, 05:59 PM   #12  
One Day At A Time

hi chicks!

this is me today, I think a bit too much carb but at least from the good one, otherwise i am scared that I will crave naughty food like sugary cakes and white flour pastry.

B - veggies with soy nuts with some mustard
S - some bacon, salad and ryvita
L - chicken and veg with herbs, mayo and mustard
D - cajun chicken soup with a wholemeal pitta bread slice

planning to have a fruit tomorrow, getting a bit impatient with weight loss but i am powerless over my body. What I have to do is put in the action, I simply have no other choice if i ever want to be relieved from another pound, not in my time, in God's time. Planning on doing another gym session before Christmas.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:03 PM   #13  

December 22

Soup (vegetable) with 2 pieces of meat w/banana
Special K vanilla almond cereal with 2 percent milk
Soup (stew) with 3 pieces of meat w/orange
Water: 8 cups
Soup (vegetable) with three pieces of meat

I'm gonna relax after my walk tomorrow morning. I've done my chores and it's all good.

Last edited by BellaLucia; 12-22-2010 at 08:35 AM.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:24 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 150/136/125

Height: 5'4''

I have been so freaking hungry the last few days. Not sure why. I need to work on getting more water and veggies in.

B: Eggs with spinach, turkey bacon, coffee
S: Peanuts, apple, string cheese
L: Salad with fajita meat
S: Cream of asparagus soup
D: Chickpeas and spaghetti squash, steak
Old 12-22-2010, 05:29 PM   #15  
One Day At A Time

Hi chicks,

This is my food for today:

B - some fat yoghurt (my mistake with the purchase) with peanuts and ham (very weird) no more fat yoghurt
L - mince meat with aubergines and cauliflower
S - an egg and a half
D - mince meat with aubergines and cauliflower with that creamy yoghurt and ham and peanuts (I think it set of some craving)
S - few buscuits (not a good one, I am saying to myself at least they weren't chocolate or custard cream)

The result is that I stopped the biscuits before i binge on them and decided to face my emotions - sad because tomorrow is my last day at work, on top of this I am annoyed at someone, whilst trying to decide where i am going to be on new years eve and worry about parents. Too much. so I keep it simple and i don't eat on it. For tomorrow plan is eggs and beetroot for breakfast, English breakfast for lunch, fish and veg for dinner. I might go swimming in the morning if I am done with all my duties before bed at a sensible time. Wish me luck!
Closed Thread