Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 10:45 AM   #1  

Angry New to this group...

Hi everyone I'm new to this group and I only started to exercise yesterday. I did 30mins. of Denise Austin's fat burning and I did 35mins of power walking with my sister-in - law. Yhat was hard after I'd been in-active for so long . I plan to do my tape 5 times a week and power walk at least 4 times a week. Right now I'm trying to get a Tae-Bo dvd so i can do that too.
Old 03-28-2003, 10:06 AM   #2  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Hi Rushman, welcome!

Good on you for getting started, but you might be biting off a bit more than you can chew with that much exercise in one go!

If you start to feel very tired, very sore in the muscles or just run down, then cut down the amount you are doing and build it up slowly.

You might find that your body will only allow you to do 30 mins every other day - that is a really good level of exercise to achieve.

Sorry to pour on a bit of cold water, but I can't help it, it's my job in the real world!

Keep us up-to-date on your progress, the support you can get here is absolutely awesome and very very comforting!
Old 03-28-2003, 11:58 AM   #3  

HI STEF, THANKS FOR THE ADVICE. I only do Denise Austin every other day ,but the power walking I do everyday. I have a lot of weight to lose so I need to push my body .
Old 04-04-2003, 08:26 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Rushman... and welcome! Glad to see you are so enthusiastic about exercise. I tend to be a real "pusher" too when I am into exercise. Stef has a really good point too, though, in that you are starting out with an extremely high amount of exercise without building up to it and could end up doing yourself more harm than good if you don't take care not to overextend. I don't mean to be throwing any cold water either... just a suggestion!

Sue
Old 04-04-2003, 10:18 AM   #5  

Angry

Thanks for the advice and I have decided to cut down on my amounts. So I usually just power walk 35minutes 3-4 times a week. Thank you'll
Old 04-04-2003, 04:14 PM   #6  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Good for you rushman!

Sometimes hearing good advice and being able to take it is the hardest thing to do. That's why I love this place so much. Everyone is really helpful and there are so many of us that someone is bound to have some advice.

Read you later!
Closed Thread