Old 12-18-2010, 11:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150.4/137.4/125

Height: 5' 3.75"

Default planned cheat day

so i was so excited about my planned cheat day. i did phase 3 breaky with granola, yogurt, berries and half an english muffin with almond butter - b/c i love it!, was rushed for lunch so had an RTD for lunch and some celery - so you're all wondering where was the cheat? i'm wondering the same thing at that point. dinner was pizza and beer (and tastings of other booze -trying to find somthing that tastes good) and a mini chz cake. Well now i feel like crap, wondering why i ate food and booze that i normally ate before but now makes me feel nausaus. it makes me really question the days that i can eat whatever when now i know that i will feel so crappy. i look forward to tomorrow's phase 1. Hope everyone feels better than i do right now!
JHo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:32 PM   #2  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHo666 View Post
so i was so excited about my planned cheat day. i did phase 3 breaky with granola, yogurt, berries and half an english muffin with almond butter - b/c i love it!, was rushed for lunch so had an RTD for lunch and some celery - so you're all wondering where was the cheat? i'm wondering the same thing at that point. dinner was pizza and beer (and tastings of other booze -trying to find somthing that tastes good) and a mini chz cake. Well now i feel like crap, wondering why i ate food and booze that i normally ate before but now makes me feel nausaus. it makes me really question the days that i can eat whatever when now i know that i will feel so crappy. i look forward to tomorrow's phase 1. Hope everyone feels better than i do right now!
Did you recover okay? Did you gain? Thinking of having 2-3 glasses of wine on Saturday in Vegas...no food cheat. Been on the diet 100% perfect for 16 weeks and down 50 pounds.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/145/130

Height: 5'7

I recenlty posted about my cheat-although I feeling pretty invisible here since I rarely get replies....but I cheated for my birthday-carbs and wine-and felt HORRIBLE the next day!!!! TOTAL food hangover! Made the whole idea of cheating a non issue now!!! I was in my second week and still lost...but that's me. The cheat made it a lot easier to stay on the diet for me! I guess our bodies are telling us just how crappy our former eating habbits were! Feel better soon!!!!

Last edited by coqui71; 12-22-2010 at 11:18 AM.
coqui71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 150.4/137.4/125

Height: 5' 3.75"

i was amazed at how quickly i felt crappy. i did gain 2 lb BUT i've been following a Phase 1 -2 blend the last few days and am back to where i was before going all out. i used to be a chocoholic but find it now gives me heatburn - thankfully. i do look forward to getting back on Phase 1 after i get back from a vacation in Dom Rep and get back to where i want to be. Happy holidays to everyone.
JHo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by coqui71 View Post
I recenlty posted about my cheat-although I feeling pretty invisible here since I rarely get replies....but I cheated for my birthday-carbs and wine-and felt HORRIBLE the next day!!!! TOTAL food hangover! Made the whole idea of cheating a non issue now!!! I was in my second week and still lost...but that's me. The cheat made it a lot easier to stay on the diet for me! I guess our bodies are telling us just how crappy our former eating habbits were! Feel better soon!!!!
Oh don't feel invisible...I rarely get any comments on my posts...rarely.....and for the first month or so never. I am so torn....I have been on the plan for 14 full week's today is the first day of my 15th week... I have never tasted licked or bitten anything off phase one protocol....just thinking a glass of wine or two would be nice....no food cheats....I have no desire...I am very motivated.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/153/135

Height: 5'5

I have had a few days that I have had several glasses of wine. Custody celebration, House warming party and a wedding. It has thus far not stalled my weight loss. I had a food cheat day and I too had a total food hangover the next day. I was up a few pounds but within a day was back down. It showed me that my body really doesnt like "pizza". Good luck with whatever decide to do.
njajcjmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Oh don't feel invisible...I rarely get any comments on my posts...rarely.....and for the first month or so never. I am so torn....I have been on the plan for 14 full week's today is the first day of my 15th week... I have never tasted licked or bitten anything off phase one protocol....just thinking a glass of wine or two would be nice....no food cheats....I have no desire...I am very motivated.
I know everyone is different, but I have always had a bite, or a sip or something, right from week 2 and still have had a steady loss. 30 pounds in 10 weeks. My GF is also on the diet and has little cheats here and there and it never affects her. I think that a glass or two of wine is quite acceptable, but note, the alcohol WILL affect you differently, and you may feel very nauseated. I just had a 5 day slip up, and it was terrible. The problem being that your body no longer produces the enzymes required to break down those things, so your body goes WTF? LOL!

COQUI71 - I often feel the same way, as no one comments on my stuff, but I still hang in there and read everything. I felt the same as you with a food hangover, my only problem was that I cheated for 5 days and ate all kinds of crap, so I did have a small gain, about 4 pounds, that I did lose right away when I got back on track.

HTH
Medicmom734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:32 PM   #8  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

I sometimes feel the same way that I don't get quoted or people don't read my posts. Then I remember that I don't quote people very often myself. I do read all the posts though Keep posting and I'll keep reading. I always enjoy reading all the posts! Have a great holiday season!
iowahawkeyemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
I sometimes feel the same way that I don't get quoted or people don't read my posts. Then I remember that I don't quote people very often myself. I do read all the posts though Keep posting and I'll keep reading. I always enjoy reading all the posts! Have a great holiday season!
Needing a *LIKE* button! LOL!
Medicmom734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Hi Darbs.
i read all your posts. i have had a couple glasses of wine here and there. No more than once a month and I have not noticed it making a difference, other than they hit me much faster than ever before. I use ketosix every morning just to see who things effect me. I have not had wine take me out of ketosis.
Enjoy vegas! I go about once a year, I don't gamble just walk LOTS and enjoy the sights.
ladyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:49 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
Hi Darbs.
i read all your posts. i have had a couple glasses of wine here and there. No more than once a month and I have not noticed it making a difference, other than they hit me much faster than ever before. I use ketosix every morning just to see who things effect me. I have not had wine take me out of ketosis.
Enjoy vegas! I go about once a year, I don't gamble just walk LOTS and enjoy the sights.
Awesome...thanks makes me feel more confident about this choice
Old 12-23-2010, 04:45 AM   #12  
on IP since 10/4/10

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'9"

Darbs, since I've been on phase 4 the last few weeks, I've had little cheats here and there, including nights with several glasses of wine... and I am still within a pound or two of my last official weigh in before starting phase 4. I know you'll probably catch a lot of static on here, but I don't think slightly going off protocol for your vacation is a bad thing, just as long as you are committed to getting back on track when you get back.
queenmimi is offline   Reply With Quote