Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-17-2010, 10:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 177/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Cybex arc trainer or treadmill?

So I am lucky enough it have a cybex plus someone gave me a pacemaster
pro plus treadmill. Which is better for weight loss? I honestly think a treadmill is better, you can work a lot harder with running, my heart rate gets higher.
I only seem to reach a certain level of intensity with the cybex, even doing it for 60 minutes or trying to do 3 different 20 minute programs. the other day I ran 3.5 miles on the treadmill and hopped on the cybex for 20 minutes. I also developed knee pain with the cybex and the higher tensions.
rosemarie0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 198.4/145/145

Height: 5'5

Lucky you!! I love both! I run and do the arc trainer (or rather I was before I got sidelined by oral surgery). With the arc trainer, I noticed my butt and thigh area started looking really good. Running tends to make my backside non-existent. To get a good workout on the arc trainer, I put it on level 10 (so you're lifting your legs really high) and a high resistance. I alternate between that and low resistance. I'd say mix it up. Do treadmill and arc trainer.
pink sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:50 AM   #3  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

I'd alternate...even though you get the most bang for your buck with running. After a while, your body will grow accustomed to it...so you'll need to switch it up. YOU ARE quite the fortunate one!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the replies! I have been putting it at 100, and level 10, I try putting my hands behind my head, and then go to lower intensity, I also tried hand weights, and putting my elbows to my knees, after an initial drop in inches and a small amount of weight, I just found my body was getting accustomed to it, so I guess I have to mix it up, well time to work out!
rosemarie0007 is offline   Reply With Quote