Old 12-17-2010, 12:03 AM   #1  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Default Off track, cry and scream!

I just want to do both. Cry because I still haven't learned, and scream at myself because I still haven't learned. Right before Thanksgiving I got down to a new low of 196. Well that's gone now, I have gained inches on every part of my body and probably close to 10 pounds back. Yes that is right, in less then a month. That tells you how horrible off plan has been. I left this wonderful board, and just let it all go. Now I am trying to get back on track and I plan, and get prepared, and then fail. I cannot understand what my problem is. I don't want to gain this weight back, but I find no will power to help myself with.
Tomorrow I am committed to following through with my plan. I did go for a walk today which was really good, the sun was out. But my eating was not good at all. This time of year just stinks. Food every where, and if you don't have the strength and will power to avoid it, you are screwed! I have a lunch planned with a friend tomorrow too. Urgh. I already know what I am going to get, and its fine as far as being on plan, but still...feel like a failure right now!
I am trying SO hard...I WILL do this.
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:24 AM   #2  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

You CAN and You WILL! You see that, so yell, cry, scream.. then tomorrow wake up, stop beating yourself up, and get to it. You are going to have off days and off weeks. It is all part of the journey. Despite what you think, you have done a great job so far. Just pick up and keep going.
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:58 AM   #3  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

What she said!

And yes, there's food everywhere at the moment. Just shopping at the moment is a real strain. What helps me is committing to the principle of 100% of the time saying no. I'm not saying it's easy but it's a lot easier than having to decide every time you're faced with a goody. If the answer is always no, it does make it easier. Honestly.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:28 AM   #4  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

You came back to the board and posted about the lapse, that is a huge accomplishment and an true indication that you are ready to get back into healthy ways again. In my experience, weight that is gained after a bit of a slip up is usually lost quicker than usual, so I bet you will be right back where you were if you stay OP for a couple of weeks.

One good day at a time. If you don't give up you can achieve anything.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:03 AM   #5  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

The way I look at it, you're in a good place. Once you find yourself back on plan, I bet you drop those 10 pounds within just a few weeks, maybe three. I'd love to drop 10 pounds in three weeks! It's kind of like starting over again, but at 204 instead of 244!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 304/186.0/150

Height: 5.0

I had a set back over Thanksgiving too. I DID cry and scream. Then I went looking for support and found it here. Good for you for coming back and WANTING it for yourself.
Jonesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Oh girl! I know exactly how you feel. I have been there so VERY many times. But, you have to get back on track. It is so worth it for your life and yourself. Take a day away from errands and parties and commotion. Concentrate only on these good habits that we are forming. No running around or solcializing. Stay in your house with your meals all planned and have that one day spill into another!
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

and actually your post has tears welling up in my eyes now. I hope I just sounded like I wanted to help. I can't count the number of times I have been there and I am afraid for the day that I fall off the wagon like you have. This is so hard for so many of us. Just know that I can totally relate and I care about what you feel right now. I am sorry- but YOU CAN DO THIS>
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:44 AM   #9  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

It's the time of year - too. People are stressed about the holidays. There are goodies everywhere. And it is dark and cold (at least where I live). I get home and it is dark and I just want to cuddle on the couch with something hot and cheesy. I am bummed because I was enjoying running out side in the warm sun all summer and fall and that is GONE. It won't be warm again until FOREVER. (that is how I feel)

I have been AWFUL. Eating and eating. I have started really slacking on the exercise... but now I am trying to get back on track. Sometimes it helps me to just do baby steps to get back on track. Get back to focusing on having veggies everyday or focus on exercising 3 times a week. Some thing simpler.

And the crock pot has been my friend. It is easy. And I come home and a hot dinner is already cooked and I am not tempted to eat garbage for dinner.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:38 PM   #10  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

You are all so great! I wonder why the heck I leave the board. Yes, I think alot of it is this time of year. For me the holiday's are more depressing then stressful. But there are goodies dropped off all the time, (so far have avoided them which is good).
Today I made it to the gym, worked hard, slipped a little by getting a frozen yogurt, but it could have been MUCH worse. Baby steps. I will get there! Thanks for the understanding and motivation to get going!
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:02 PM   #11  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_H View Post
You came back to the board and posted about the lapse, that is a huge accomplishment and an true indication that you are ready to get back into healthy ways again. In my experience, weight that is gained after a bit of a slip up is usually lost quicker than usual, so I bet you will be right back where you were if you stay OP for a couple of weeks.

One good day at a time. If you don't give up you can achieve anything.
Exactly this.

It's not how many times we fall off the horse, it's just a matter of getting back on one more time than we fall off
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:39 PM   #12  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

We have all been there! You have caught yourself before it got too far away from you. You will lose that and many more too. Your back on track now. That is the main thing. Do some special things for yourself:
long warm showers followed by fragrant body oils, fix a bowl of fresh sliced mixed fruit and enjoy while watching a favorite movie, manicure- pedicure wearing your favorite pj's, etc.
Sometimes doing all these girly things takes the mind off of food and on health and beauty. I also have enjoyed being part of the challenges that the 100 lb. club has. The accountability factor is really motivating!! Maybe you can join in the Valentines one. It may help .
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:42 PM   #13  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

I definitely agree that this time of year has a lot to do with it. I have remained on track for the most part, but there has for SURE been some squirming. I feel like all it will take is a few days of going a little for myself to spiral totally out of control. This is my first winter/holiday season since I started this most recent effort, and it sure is a lot different right around now than in the summer when I was taking my daughter to the water park regularly and fighting the waves in the wave pool, browsing the farmers markets for fresh produce, and cooking on the grill! Snuggling in my recliner with a cozy blanket and watching TV sure goes better with a snack.

The thing I keep telling myself multiple times a day is that when the spring is here (and it will be before we know it), I will be MUCH MUCH happier if I have dug in, especially in Jan and Feb, and have a decent weight loss going in to spring instead of having to dig back out of a hole. C'mon, girl, we can do it!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:55 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Thank you Pink Hoodie for posting this thread.

I think there are many of us that needed the inspirational messages other members left here.

Thank you all.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:33 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/148.6/130

Height: 5'7"

sending you LOTS of HUGS!!! you can do this- you have come so far! be gentle with yourself and celebrate the successes you have had. every moment is a moment we can start anew. (((hugs)))
socalfelicity is offline   Reply With Quote