Old 12-15-2010, 01:03 PM   #1  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Default Anyone out there made the decision to stick to protocol 100% (not 99%)?

I am just wondering if there are others out there who are 100% on board? It is so hard. Some days I want to throw up at the sight of a veggie. But so worth the results. I started September 13th and have not tasted, bitten, licked anything off of protocol. There have been moments of struggle, but I am 22 pounds from my original goal (losing 71 pounds...but I added another 5 pounds to that goal...hope to lose during phase off). If I stay true I should be able to start phasing off in 4-5 weeks.

I am very bummed about my Vegas trip in 10 days....my hubby and I are foodies and drinkies. We love good food and drink and nice restaurants. We have so many favorite foods and spots there....it makes me sad. I was getting very stressed about going and then I thought....I will enjoy my other favorite activity....shopping.

Over the last three months I have missed so many social events including several recent Christmas parties, but I am trying so hard to eliminate all temptations. For all the events I missed....I think about the events in my future and how good I will look at them.

Well thanks for letting me vent....my resolve is struggling (although I will not touch a thing off protocol) and looking for others in my situation. Thanks
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #2  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Darbs, Congratulations on staying on plan through the holidays. It will be worth it in a short time when you are at your final goal!

I will be staying on my modified plan that I began about a month ago, which is very close to Phase 3 for the holidays which means there will be many things that I will be avoiding, but like you, I know it's worth it.
Marionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I am just wondering if there are others out there who are 100% on board? It is so hard. Some days I want to throw up at the sight of a veggie. But so worth the results. I started September 13th and have not tasted, bitten, licked anything off of protocol. There have been moments of struggle, but I am 22 pounds from my original goal (losing 71 pounds...but I added another 5 pounds to that goal...hope to lose during phase off). If I stay true I should be able to start phasing off in 4-5 weeks.

I am very bummed about my Vegas trip in 10 days....my hubby and I are foodies and drinkies. We love good food and drink and nice restaurants. We have so many favorite foods and spots there....it makes me sad. I was getting very stressed about going and then I thought....I will enjoy my other favorite activity....shopping.

Over the last three months I have missed so many social events including several recent Christmas parties, but I am trying so hard to eliminate all temptations. For all the events I missed....I think about the events in my future and how good I will look at them.

Well thanks for letting me vent....my resolve is struggling (although I will not touch a thing off protocol) and looking for others in my situation. Thanks

Darby,

I understand! 100% is hard. It takes a great commitment and willingness to forgo wants and other pressure to keep that commitment.

I followed my program last year, through Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Super Bowl, Valentine's, Mardi Gras, Saint Patrick's, MY birthday, several showers, special events, other birthdays, family trips, and so many other events that are big in my social circle and ALWAYS contain great food. It wasn't fun, it wasn't easy, but, I figured I wasn't going to avoid the events. Those times would happen again and I needed to be able to manage temptation not just avoid it. I needed to be able to use this time as a process and training in a new lifestyle. I didn't know if I could be 100% but, I was committed to doing it. I succeeded.

100% also varies based on the coach's instruction to their client. For me, my coach's instructions were very simple. EAT what is on the sheet in this folder and eat nothing else. You aren't permitted occasional veggies, root veggies, or restricted foods. You may count herb teas as 1/2 of your water. Drink 100oz a day of water. Do not use gum or aspartame. Do not exercise. No soda, no crystal light. NO extra packets. NO skipping. NO cheats. NO oversize portions; measurements are before cooking and not after. You may use walden farms or splenda coffee sweeteners like torani.

THAT WAS IT. I had more rules of not to eat/do than what I could.

I followed it. It worked. Later, I met a few different coaches. I shared my experience. They were SHOCKED and made it clear, I had done the diet the hardest way possible. I had done what wasn't required and isn't expected. Yes, cheats are not allowed but, I could have had restricted packets, occasional veggies, a few root vegetables, an extra packet if I needed it, and there was a little lea way in other areas too. This program is designed to help people change their life's in a reasonable way.

I can tell you, there was a time when many people were as strict as I was and you are. I only mention it because, although someone may not be following the program in the "100%" way you and I did they may be staying 100% to the way they are being coached. The program changed some this summer and many coaches are now offering the more manageable version of this to their clients.

Maybe you should be looking for people who have 100% commitment to "THEIR" plan. It is the 100% commitment that matters. You will always be eating a different diet than others. You may occasionally eat similar foods but, you will always be looking at food in a different way. Learning that your commitment to eating in a healthy way that may not be like others may be a part of this experience you can take away.

TRUST ME! It is worth maintaining your resolve. You will not regret keeping your commitment to yourself. You will have amazing results for following the program as you do. The more strictly your do this, the better the cleanse, the more improved I Believe the skin and cellulite appearances become. You will really miss nothing. You miss what you think you would have. You miss what you have learned to place the importance on but, you can always redirect the focus and make other things more important than food and drink.

YOU ARE MISSING NOTHING OF REAL VALUE OR IMPORTANCE
by passing on some of the special treats in Vegas. They will be there in the future.

You can do this! You are so close. Vent if you must but, keep your resolve. It is admirable and wonderful to see.

showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:58 PM   #4  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
I am just wondering if there are others out there who are 100% on board?
Yes.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:59 PM   #5  

Carla....my coach instructed exactly as your coach did...exactly. I have changed things a bit (restricted foods once a day and an extra 1/2 a packet per day and 60-80 minutes of light cardio a day) based on what I have read on this board and it works for me....I have maintained 3.something loss every week and that is great. The longer you are on this the harder it becomes and I am just looking to chat with those that are really committed to see what they do to stay committed. The light at the end of the tunnel is what is getting me through. I will bring my computer to Vegas so I can check in daily.

I appauld everyone for trying in whatever way works for them...we all have to do what we have to do. I just need that extra support to get through some tougher times. I have spent the last five years doing "diets" that allowed cheats and all I did was make excuses for why I had to do this or eat that and it got me 75 pounds overweight.

I have done some social events and was well planned for them. I hope I am well planned for Vegas. I have a cousin's cookie exchange this weekend in CT and I hope I am well planned for that.

Whew...this can be hard.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

I have also been on 100 protocol and just got the news from my coach that he prefers his clients to reach their entire goal on phase one, so I will be continuing in phase 1 for another 13 lbs. His reason...we do gain weight after we phase off in order to re supply glycogen water reserves. This is not fat, he stresses, but still the numbers go up a little and he wants me to maintain my goal weight.
I am starting to feel ancy and feel the need to put more food back in my diet, especially cottage cheese and yogurt, but I will just have to get more creative with the food I CAN have right now. I am really getting bored and feel the cheats lurking for sure.
I'm going to a party tonite, champagne and chocolate cake are on the bday party menu. I made some wierd cake with the chocolate pancakes and the vanilla pudding, put some WF chocolate syrup and sf, ff , carb free whipped cream on it, kinda like an eclair. I am bringing it to the party along with a bottle of sparkling water, which I'm not always sure is on protocol. I don't drink anything carbonated normally. I've been hearing about folks on IP having it sometimes, so I'm assuming a few champagne flukes worth will not throw me off very much. Thanks for listening. Holiday thoughts are definitely creeping into my mind. It's also almost a year since my father died and my emotions are peaking along with my cravings for alcohol and sugar.
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:20 PM   #7  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Congratulations on such strong resolve and planning for 100%. While I am following program at least 99% of the time....I couldn't commit to 100% as I feel that I am going to be making good everyday choices in the near future and I want to learn how to handle them as they come up. I was also going to phase out over the holidays and started on phase II. I am losing as much, and often more on this phase. Might be my body was ready for a change it up and this helped jump start things again.
Good luck with the rest of your IP journey!
CBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:45 AM   #8  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

Congratulatulations!!! You're an inspiration!
foreveryoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:54 AM   #9  

It is nice to hear others are having similar feelings. It can be so hard to stay strong.

I just want to lose the weight fast, because unlike the past....I need to exert a ton of energy into maintainence....How can I keep this darn weight off forever?

I have my cruise on February 19th and for the first time since I started this diet I can visualize myself being good on the cruise.

I will have an omelet in the morning....salad and protein at lunch....and a regular dinner along with red wine or vodka drinks.

I plan to workout everyday and take advantage of all physical activities.

I want to get to the goal so bad so that I can teach myself how to live my life. Whenever I followed weight watchers I ate how I should eat during a maintainence program so this is a new way of thinking for me.

Well all I know is that in 2 more months I will be drinking a glass of red wine as my ship sails off into the sunset.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:59 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 201/134/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi there - I am new to this board but wanted to jump in and tell you I know exactly where you're coming from. I am getting so close to my goal I can "taste" it! It's hard to stay focused, but in the 25 weeks I've been doing this I have not cheated. I've had to do extra packets, and extra protein on exercise days, but have never cheated (avg loss is 2-1/3 lbs per week). I too avoided certain situations that I thought would be stressful, but decided I didn't want to hide any more. Now, I go to restaurants or events and just plan ahead. I bring whatever I need with me to keep on track, and I don't care what anybody else thinks. I love the idea of putting together an emergency packet to carry at all times, I think I'll incorporate that into my arsenal. With the holidays coming it's going to be the toughest test yet, but I feel like the last 6 months have given me plenty of practice to make it through. Every time my resolve starts to waver, I go put on some clothes I haven't fit into in years and parade in front of the mirror. The pride I feel at my accomplishments so far buys me time to make it through the wavering! Stay strong, you'll thank yourself in the end.
Letterer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:47 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 216.4/175.4/169

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
I have also been on 100 protocol and just got the news from my coach that he prefers his clients to reach their entire goal on phase one, so I will be continuing in phase 1 for another 13 lbs. His reason...we do gain weight after we phase off in order to re supply glycogen water reserves. This is not fat, he stresses, but still the numbers go up a little and he wants me to maintain my goal weight.
I am starting to feel ancy and feel the need to put more food back in my diet, especially cottage cheese and yogurt, but I will just have to get more creative with the food I CAN have right now. I am really getting bored and feel the cheats lurking for sure.
I'm going to a party tonite, champagne and chocolate cake are on the bday party menu. I made some wierd cake with the chocolate pancakes and the vanilla pudding, put some WF chocolate syrup and sf, ff , carb free whipped cream on it, kinda like an eclair. I am bringing it to the party along with a bottle of sparkling water, which I'm not always sure is on protocol. I don't drink anything carbonated normally. I've been hearing about folks on IP having it sometimes, so I'm assuming a few champagne flukes worth will not throw me off very much. Thanks for listening. Holiday thoughts are definitely creeping into my mind. It's also almost a year since my father died and my emotions are peaking along with my cravings for alcohol and sugar.
WOW!! I feel like you just discribed me!?! My coach is the same, wants me to get to goal on phase one but I am desperate to have more and feel strong temptations lurking within! lol I told her I'm going off plan for the holidays just cause I feel like I really NEED this break. My Dad also passed away but it was just 6 weeks ago and everyday it seems like I think about him more and all the things he will be missing. I don't plan on going crazy for the holidays but I am planning on sampling the stuffing and having a cabbage roll. As soon as Christmas festivities are over I plan on getting back on track 100% to get to my goal!
annieann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:41 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letterer View Post
Hi there - I am new to this board but wanted to jump in and tell you I know exactly where you're coming from. I am getting so close to my goal I can "taste" it! It's hard to stay focused, but in the 25 weeks I've been doing this I have not cheated. I've had to do extra packets, and extra protein on exercise days, but have never cheated (avg loss is 2-1/3 lbs per week). I too avoided certain situations that I thought would be stressful, but decided I didn't want to hide any more. Now, I go to restaurants or events and just plan ahead. I bring whatever I need with me to keep on track, and I don't care what anybody else thinks. I love the idea of putting together an emergency packet to carry at all times, I think I'll incorporate that into my arsenal. With the holidays coming it's going to be the toughest test yet, but I feel like the last 6 months have given me plenty of practice to make it through. Every time my resolve starts to waver, I go put on some clothes I haven't fit into in years and parade in front of the mirror. The pride I feel at my accomplishments so far buys me time to make it through the wavering! Stay strong, you'll thank yourself in the end.
Wow...so great 25 weeks without waiving is amazing. I have been 14 without a waiver. I am so happy for you...you must look awesome. You should be so proud of what you have accomplished...BRAVO
Old 12-16-2010, 01:12 PM   #13  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieann77 View Post
WOW!! I feel like you just discribed me!?! My coach is the same, wants me to get to goal on phase one but I am desperate to have more and feel strong temptations lurking within! lol I told her I'm going off plan for the holidays just cause I feel like I really NEED this break. My Dad also passed away but it was just 6 weeks ago and everyday it seems like I think about him more and all the things he will be missing. I don't plan on going crazy for the holidays but I am planning on sampling the stuffing and having a cabbage roll. As soon as Christmas festivities are over I plan on getting back on track 100% to get to my goal!
I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure that makes this time of year more challenging. It sounds like you have a compassionate coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letterer View Post
And GREAT JOB!! We'd love to see your before and after photos! You probably have had some amazing results during the past 23 weeks!
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:12 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 201/134/135

Height: 5'5"

Thank you Darbs and Carla for your kind words. I'm trying to just take it a week at a time. Each week I go without giving in to temptation is a week of lost weight and more resolve to continue! Stick with it Darbs, and before you know it you'll be at the other end of your ticker....
Letterer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:47 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieann77 View Post
My goodness....so sorry for your loss....take the time to heal yourself and remember all of the good times with your dad. My heart and thoughts are with you