Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 07:57 AM   #1  

Default custom food program for me?

I have been on the Atkins since Jan. and I have only lost 22 pounds. What I would like to do is change my eating plan to low fat, very little refined carbs and lots of fiber. Does anyone know where I can go on the net to get some help with this plan? I need to lose 110 pounds, I have some joint problems, but I'm thinking about going to the pool exercize program the have 4 days a week where I live.
Old 04-03-2003, 12:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i'm not sure that you can plug in those specifics but i can help you track all of that AND give you a suggested meal plan at:

http://www.calorieking.com
Old 04-03-2003, 02:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I think 22 lbs. since January is quite a lot--congratulations! That's losing at a rate of about 1.8 lbs. per week. From what I've read, losing about 1 lbs. to 1.5 lbs. per week and making lifestyle changes (i.e., something you can live with the rest of your life) is a key to maintaining a weight loss.

When you look at eating low-fat, be sure that you get some fat and that it's the "good" fat (like olive oil, avocados, nuts). I remember going to a nutritionist and having her ask me, "Where is the fat in your diet?" We had quite a discussion about how good fat helps you lose weight.

I've heard that pool workouts are wonderful--hope you have fun!
Old 04-03-2003, 02:25 PM   #4  

Sheila is right, 22 pounds since January is a great loss. I've often heard that if you lose too much too fast, you are more likely to gain it back.

Have fun at the pool. I love pool exercise! I just wish we had one of our own!!
Old 04-03-2003, 02:35 PM   #5  

Hello! I've been to some water aerobic classes at the YMCA and they're really great!! You really get a great work out too. Enjoy and good luck!
Closed Thread