Old 12-15-2010, 06:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Default My Turn to Whine...

Meeting today. According to my scale I have lost zero pounds. Despite sticking to the plan like a stamp to a letter and eating 300-400 calories less per day than I was eating the 2 prior weeks on Sparkpeople when I also lost zero pounds. Earning 4 APs a day, using some but not all of my weekly points.

Oh, wait, no, at one point I lost 2.8 or something, but those are back.

Dear body, why do you forsake me? You remain the same weight as when I don't track what I eat, or when I do track but eat way more calories per day.

Side benefit - I'm sleeping better, asleep by 9:30 and up by 5:30 each day. Also, my rice consumption has decreased from 1 cup per serving to 1/3 cup per serving and the meal is just as good.

Maybe I lost a pound and the weight of the butternut squash I ate last night is still in my belly?

Unbowed, I march forward with my mantra "trust the process. trust the process. trust the process."

I need some "One week is too soon to see results", "stick with it you are doing great", "you would probably see a change if you were measuring, too" or other encouraging things.

seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:16 AM   #2  
The journey begins...

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Keep with it, don't give up. You are making your body healthier, stronger and more fit. Give it some time
JillyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

I was back and forth on my scale all week, I got really frustrated because I know I tracked carefully and worked out almost everyday! I know exactly how you feel but like you said, "Trust the process!" You're probably going to see some great results at your next weigh in =D

Last edited by KimberlyP; 12-15-2010 at 07:40 AM.
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 203/157/120

Height: 5' 2"

you should be measuring-i think it could definitely help. i bought a 10$ food scale and realized the boneless skinless chicken i was eating was not the 3oz i assumed, but actually 8oz! i had just figured the 3oz was a reasonable looking serving for dinner, but no. also water! fill a pitcher up at night-when you get up in the morning start drinking all through the day. make that a goal to get through that pitcher. bodies can hold on to weight when you're not drinking enough water.
also-i don't use any activity points. maybe you could try this?
jess jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:23 AM   #5  

I meant measuring myself, not my food.

I use a food scale and measuring cups and spoons at every meal.

I drink water all day.

I don't eat back my activity points.

What else have you got, folks? Help me here. It's been 2.5 weeks counting calories and a week on WW and I'm at the exact same weight as when I started.

I don't eat 100 calorie packs or Giant Fudge Bars or zero point jello or Vitawhatevers. I'm eating actual food - chicken, whole wheat pasta, veggies and fruits (2 clementines per day, not 11 bananas), nuts (yes, I weigh them before I eat them), I'm meeting my GHGs.

I don't freaking get it.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:48 AM   #6  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I've actually started eating my activity points, but not using the weekly points. I exercise pretty intensely (earning between 8 and 180 activity points per day) so I feel like I need some of those extra calories/fat/protein grams.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

I eat all of my AP's and Weekly Points. Are you working out a lot? The issue may be that you're not eating enough.
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:32 AM   #8  

I walk 40 minutes per day, so I don't think over exercise is the culprit.

I think I will try to find my tape measure. I can tell my quads are getting bigger and my waist is feeling less spare-tire-ish.

It's just frustrating to not see the results on the scale, as every one here probably knows...
Old 12-15-2010, 11:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 177/171.2/154

Height: 5' 5.5"

Yes, muscle weighs more than fat. Measure your body. I'm 158 right now in a size 12, but last time I was at this weight I fit into size 8-10 because I was WAY more muscular.
mom2mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:52 AM   #10  
Maintainer since 12-22-10

S/C/G: 198/190/165

Height: 5'8"

When I hit a plateau (as I have several times), I look at 2 things - my food intake and my exercise. I have tried various things to get the weight moving again and it may or may not work for you but here goes a list of what I have done at some point. Please note that I do not make all the changes at once. I make one change to see how it affects my weight loss.

1. Change the composition of the food being eaten - I realized after looking back at my food journal that even though it was within my calorie limit, I was eating too much rice. I cut back on the amount.

2. Count calories - aiming for 1400 or lower. In the early stages of my weight loss I used to only measure (with a measuring cup and tablespoon). After complaining on this forum, I was told to invest in a food scale and start weighing. I know you said earlier that you are weighing, so try aiming for a little less.

3. Eat a higher calorie meal. Some people call it treat meal, some call it cheat meal. It has worked for me in the past but I only do it when I get stuck.

4. Increase and vary your exercise and add some strength training. It helps to boost your metabolism. You currently walk for 40mins - you could try the C25K program which incorporates some running. I started doing it along with some strength training and I have seen transformations in my body.

Hope you get something from my experience....

Last edited by Slim CB; 12-15-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Slim CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:57 AM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

What about salt? I know i wake up more often than not with swollen sausage fingers due to salt. Do you eat much salt at dinner? Maybe less carbs like pasta at night? I ususally do protien and a big salad with either green beans for a side or something like that.

BELIEVE ME ... i feel your pain! This sort of thing IS my life it's so damn frustrating.
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:04 PM   #12  

No, my salt intake is normal. My dinner is protein, veggies and a few points worth of rice or pasta. 3 points of carbs usually. I had been having more rice, still within my points, but I just wanted to see if I could cut it back, so instead of 1 cup I have 1/3.

The walk is my standard cardio on a daily basis. I do lift my hand weights a few times a week. Do yoga a couple of times a week, and usually do a longer walk in the woods on the weekends.

It's just annoying. And more annoying that I'm annoyed about it. But when I make changes in my marketing for my business, I want to see results - and usually I do. I want the same thing here.

My calories are around 1240-1350, a few hundred less than on Sparkpeople.

Thanks for your input all. It helps me see that I'm on the right track and just need to keep going.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:49 PM   #13  

it will catch up to you
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:50 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypie View Post
it will catch up to you
You mean good habits catch up to you just like bad habits do?
Old 12-15-2010, 01:07 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 240/204/170

Height: 5'8"

Seagirl, I feel your pain. When I started ww this summer, I was walking on the treadmill for 30-45 minutes 3-5 times a week. I felt really good from working out but the scale never moved during those weeks. I know that eventually the scale would change and my body would change, but I knew that I personally didn't have the patience to keep op and not see any results on the scale. So...I stopped my walking and the scale started showing losses. I am never going to exercise again in my life...NO WAY. But right now, I'm concentrating on eating healthy and as I get closer to my goal weight I'll start to add more exercise.

I would probably pick one thing (like eating more of your weekly points, having a treat meal, taking a break from exercise,) to change this week to see if you can pinpoint what is going to work for you. Or give it one more week doing what you are doing to see if the scale is just delayed. Hang in there!
Michellelee is offline   Reply With Quote