Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 07:00 AM   #1  
she who must be obeyed

Thumbs down Thur, Fri. 4-3 and 4-4 Daily Chat

Hi all.........back from our trip to Disney World with the High School Marching Band. It was a great trip! Weather could have been much better, but we survived.

If you want to see pics we took, go to the Low-Carb section of 3fc's......I put a link to our Yahoo thingie and you can see the pics there.

I walked my hiney off while gone and didn't lose a pound. My eating was fairly good also........what gives???

I know I'm preaching to the choir here but, I just have to say.............Thank God for WLS!!!!!!!!!!!! Before wls, I would not have been able to be a chaperone for the band on this trip. It would not have been possible for me to do the walking required to chaperone. I was able to keep up and even lead the pack at times My hubby last night was talking to his parents and they asked how I was doing and he was bragging to them about me being able to keep up with him.

I have a dentist appt this AM, it's just a cleaning.......after that I'm off to grocery shop.

It's going to be beautiful here today, time to start looking at getting things in the ground. Last year we planted nothing, with me still in the hospital until the 12th of April and than not able to walk for so long, we just never got around to it. I'm looking forward to it this year!!

Okay, I have prattled on long enough..........someone else's turn.
Old 04-03-2003, 07:15 AM   #2  
she who must be obeyed

Instead of going to the low-carb section here is the link to the photos
http://photos.yahoo.com/dtjonesga
click on the Shiloh B album
pic 10- the second from the left is my daughter

pic-18 the chubby-bubby with the sunglasses is me and my daughter is the one making the ugly face at her Dad

pic-26 is my dear friend Jenny and I with our new boyfriend

pic-61 me and hubby
Old 04-03-2003, 09:14 AM   #3  

quick hi and hello! I am waiting for my friend to pick me up to go rummage through the stuff at the salvation army. Love snooping through that place.

I have been up to my eyeballs in "kid crap" ! Read: testing, evaluations, IEP s .....oh well, 'tis the season.

I have all my testing done for wls. I just need to make "the call"....but I keep finding other things to do.

Loved your picts, Debkay!

Hey to all.

peach...who is on the search for the perfect up right dresser for the little kid's room.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:09 PM   #4  

Hey Everyone! I am so excited today I weigh 249 I am under 250 for the first time in 7 years (my highest 325)!!!!!

I have realized that my body loses weight in cycles I loose for 1-2 weeks then it stops for 1-2 weeks I lost 16 lbs the first 2 weeks and nothing more that month, then I lost 16 lbs in the first 2 weeks of month 2 and that was it. Well I am at the beginning of my 3rd month and losing again!!! WHOOOO HOOOOO

So now I do not stress so much when I am not losing because I know that it will start leaving again I just have to be patient!!!

I started doing the Firm with the fanny lifter and boy am I sore I could only do it for 25 min the first time and 30 min the second, I am hoping to get through the entire tape next week (55 min).

I feel so strong when I am doing it! Ok my big tummy does get in the way but I keep on going!!!

I hope everyone is doing great! Gotta get dinner on the table!!!

Hazel
Dr. Daly Lap RNY 02/05/03
Weight 08/02~ 314 (went on one last diet drug)
pre-op weight ~282
current weight ~249
Total lost 65 /since surgery ~33
Old 04-04-2003, 08:45 AM   #5  
she who must be obeyed

Hazel this happy dance is for you!

It's Friday!!!!!!! Even tho I don't work outside the home I love Friday's!

I'm waiting for my friend to show up, we are going to meet another friend at IHop for breakfast. We plan to solve all the worlds problems over coffee. I had plans to get things done today, but coffee with friends is more important.

Have a good day all.
Old 04-04-2003, 11:29 AM   #6  
Hang In There

Hazel, That's wonderful you are doing so well. I'd like to share something ole Alvin was told. (or was it something one of you said? anyway it makes sense!) When you hiit a plateau after WLS it is usually at a weight that you maintained for a period of time in the past. You body seems to have these "setpoints" or weights that it feels comfortable with, and when you hit one you have to be patient, and work hard at getting past it.

Also I have a question for Jiff and Debkay and anyone else who is at or near the one year mark. ANY TAKl ABOUT SKIN REMOVAL SURGERY? When does that come, is it fter a certiann amount of time, or certian amount of weight? Ole Alvin's tummy is almost at his knees now, and it's all just extra skin!!! And his skin is dragging down all over his body. The only thing is if he has it removed now what happens when he loses more weight? He still has about anouther 100 pounds to go. Jiff you are my authority on WLS and I know if you don't know the answer you'll find out. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-04-2003, 04:16 PM   #7  
Old Cackler

Default sorry to have been so MIA

but how could i resist a plea from barb and ole alvin???

thanks for the info about the plateau. i had no idea that was how it worked!!! i thought it was just my body being as stubborn as my personality!!! all i can say is: GET OVER IT, BODY!!!!! GET MOVING!!!!!

<sigh> no patience!!!

and as for the skin removal... here's what the docs told me. and all i can really say is that you'll have to talk with alvin's docs. they said that no plastic surgeon wants to see us until our weight has been stable for 6 months. that's to allow time for whatever snap=back our skin will have [like alvin and i have a PRAYER that it'll snap back!!!!!]and to make sure we're not going to be losing much more weight.

and THEN, they'll haul out the knives and start in.

current estimates are that i have around 20 pounds of excess skin. i'll bet ole alvin has at least that... so he doesn't actually have to hit that goal. he has to think of his weight loss goal as some number MINUS the estimated skin...

this magic number for me is about 40 pounds away.. and i'mm sooo determined to do it!!!! just hope this stubborn old body cooperates!!!!

more later, or over the weekend. i hope.

much love to you all...
Old 04-04-2003, 04:49 PM   #8  

Hey everyone I am so excited this week I have taken my kids to the park 2 times. Today we had a picnic!! I am starting to be the mom I always wanted to be!!! This is a big deal for me because I have 2 little babies (both in diapers) one is 2 and the other is 1. I also took my 7 year old! I put the wagon in the van and we went!!

We had a great time except next time remind me that we may need sunscreen. My poor baby has some red little arms OOPS!!

Also I woke up this morning and made the decision to only weigh once a month. So I am starting my 12 step scale addiction program today. On the 5th of each month (my surgery was Feb 5th) I will weigh and measure myself and that will be it for the first year. After that I will have to see. I am driving myself crazy weighing every 5 min.!! It ruins my entire day if that scale stays the same or moves the wrong direction. So I am taking away his power to piss me off!!!! I just wont put my foot on that scale until next month!!!

Oh crap I just relized that today is the 4th so I will have to weigh one more time before my 12 steps begin! So tomorrow is it!!! Wish me luck I will post if I cave!!!

Hazel
Old 04-05-2003, 08:33 AM   #9  
Old Cackler

Default FINALLY

had a chance to look at those shiloh band pics, and all i can say is: WHO IS THAT WOMAN BEHIND THOSE FOSTER GRANTS???>

deb... you look FABULOUS>.. those collar bones! those lovely thin legs in WHITE PANTS!!!!! THAT SINGLE CHIN!!!!

and you don't seem to have any sagging and bagging skin! maybe it's because you're such a clean living soul?????

you're doing great.
Old 04-05-2003, 08:53 AM   #10  
she who must be obeyed

Oh Jiff.......go on........no, really go on.......more.........more!!!

Thank you, your too kind! I have lots of saggy skin........according to the hubby, after the scare we had with the wls.......the saggy/baggy is here to stay. We'll see......I can usually talk him in to anything, after a while.

Jiff, didn't I hear a rumor that you were going to post pics? I know you look terrific a little peachie birdie told me so.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:41 AM   #11  
Hang In There

Yea Jiff show us your stuff. Ole Alvin was into the before and after stuff until his little life threating hospital stay and now he won't pose anymore!!! Maybe I can sneak up on him someday and snap a few. Would you like a FFN showing his baggy stomach?
Old 04-05-2003, 12:09 PM   #12  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

I want to see pictures too.
Deb I second or 3rd you look great. I did not meet you till post op, same for Jiff and I am amazed at how beautiful both of you are, saggy skin and all
Closed Thread