Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 05:45 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Tues. 14 Dec. 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

_______

To see what you missed yesterday, check out yesterday's thread: Monday, December 13th, 2010

Last edited by EatAnts; 12-14-2010 at 08:02 AM.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning all, on this VERY snowy morning in Ottawa... hoping you all have a wonderful IP day
Old 12-14-2010, 08:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Good morning all, on this VERY snowy morning in Ottawa... hoping you all have a wonderful IP day
You also Couts!
Old 12-14-2010, 08:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning everyone...its been so crazy busy...I'm staying on program and looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow...
How is everyone handling the holidays and the just say no,,
Friday I have a Christmas party at work and a wedding the same night...
wow talk about pressure...but I will get thru both...I'm determined...
Old 12-14-2010, 08:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/ 210 /190

Height: 6ft

Good Morning All,

I had the funniest NSV yesterday. My 3 year old daughter was laying down on top of my chest and in horror pointed at my chest and said , "What's THAT Mommy???" "What?" I asked..."That thing right there??". She was absolutely horrified and I had no idea what she was talking about. This went on back and forth for a few minutes until finally she squeezed what she was talking about:- It was my collar bone!! Hahahaha! She's not used to seeing bones sticking out...it scared her.
On another note, are any of you getting critical comments from coworkers? Mine are acting concerned saying things like "You are dying to be thin" and so forth because of my IP lunches. What's funny is, when I used to have a bacon cheeseburger, fries, shake and a peice of cake for lunch and nobody said a word about me killing myself. Weird. Hopefully, this healthy eating rubs off on the office.

Have a lovely day all!
Old 12-14-2010, 08:51 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BermyGirl View Post
Good Morning All,

I had the funniest NSV yesterday. My 3 year old daughter was laying down on top of my chest and in horror pointed at my chest and said , "What's THAT Mommy???" "What?" I asked..."That thing right there??". She was absolutely horrified and I had no idea what she was talking about. This went on back and forth for a few minutes until finally she squeezed what she was talking about:- It was my collar bone!! Hahahaha! She's not used to seeing bones sticking out...it scared her.
On another note, are any of you getting critical comments from coworkers? Mine are acting concerned saying things like "You are dying to be thin" and so forth because of my IP lunches. What's funny is, when I used to have a bacon cheeseburger, fries, shake and a peice of cake for lunch and nobody said a word about me killing myself. Weird. Hopefully, this healthy eating rubs off on the office.

Have a lovely day all!

OMG that is such a good point re: the meals at the office... they see the amt of food and say 'THATS IT???".........And yes, when its a cheese burger or fries and gravy...NOTHING said... except the thoughts are probably..."no wonder she can not lose weight, look at what she eats'... WOW you really hit the nail on the head! And, I also get...oh no...dont lose more ! you are perfect just like THAT.... so NOW they think they can decide for us when to stop... along with how much we should eat? LOL.......I now make a HUGE salad... (so much lettuce) along with my veg and my dessert ( for a needed sweet flavor after eating) is my IP pudding ....... i am so satisfied. I LOVE IP!
Old 12-14-2010, 08:53 AM   #7  

ok! i have some Walden Farms jam in the fridge... took a teaspoon or a bit less and warmed it up for about 4 secs in the microwave...this liquified it. Poured it over my IP vanilla pudding and mixed it up a bit... omg...it tasted similar to a strawberry cheesecake!!!!!!! it was soooo good. I cant wait for my other WF products to arrive
Old 12-14-2010, 09:10 AM   #8  
started IP 11/21/2010

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'4

Default Wi # 3!!

Good morning all!!!

I have my 3rd WI tonight and im excited. I had a great week, but also nervous.

WI#1 9lb. loss
WI#2 1lb. loss
WI#3 ????

I really hope it is better then week 2.....

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Snowed here last night....very cold....eekkkkk!!! Cannot wait until january 5th when i leave for Hawaii!!!!!
Old 12-14-2010, 09:21 AM   #9  
started IP 11/21/2010

Quote:
ok! i have some Walden Farms jam in the fridge... took a teaspoon or a bit less and warmed it up for about 4 secs in the microwave...this liquified it. Poured it over my IP vanilla pudding and mixed it up a bit... omg...it tasted similar to a strawberry cheesecake!!!!!!! it was soooo good. I cant wait for my other WF products to arrive
I did this last night!
Choc pudding....and melted the raspberry WF jam!! It was tasty!!!

It sounds better with the vanilla though...I have been jonesing for CHEESECAKE!!!!

I found an awesome very low carb cheesecake recipe that i will be preparing for christmas for my mom and i to enjoy but still stay very close to protocol!!!

Cant wait to try it!!!
Old 12-14-2010, 09:34 AM   #10  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Everyone! We had a gorgeous day here yesterday with the temperatures just below the freezing point..that along with a little sun was wonderful. We are supposed to get snow later today with temperatures dropping so will see what that brings.
WI #9 today. I only have 1 lb to go to meet the Christmas Challenge!! Should be able to make that with room to spare.
Have a terrific IP day everyone!
Old 12-14-2010, 09:40 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules26 View Post
I did this last night!
Choc pudding....and melted the raspberry WF jam!! It was tasty!!!

It sounds better with the vanilla though...I have been jonesing for CHEESECAKE!!!!

I found an awesome very low carb cheesecake recipe that i will be preparing for christmas for my mom and i to enjoy but still stay very close to protocol!!!

Cant wait to try it!!!
can you send it? I have company coming this sat and looking for a good recipe
Old 12-14-2010, 09:50 AM   #12  
IP started Nov 2010

S/C/G: 219/171/140 IP 186 started

Height: 5' 2"

I'm not looking forward to going out today with the cold. I have a Christmas party this afternoon but plan on only picking at the vegetables and leaving the other appetizers alone. I did my WI in this morning and down another 2 lbs which gives me a total of 20 lbs since Halloween. I've been averaging the 3 lbs a week which makes me very happy. This month is a test of our determination with all the food and temptations out there. One another note my husband has been bragging about me all week that I actually have a waist...lol Anyways it has finally given him the motivation to start on the program so he plans on starting on Thursday. This will be a real challenge for him but he is pre diabetic and really needs to lose the belly fat.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:51 AM   #13  
started IP 11/21/2010

Quote:
can you send it? I have company coming this sat and looking for a good recipe
certainly!! its at home though...i will post it tonight on the recipe thread!!!!!
Old 12-14-2010, 10:22 AM   #14  
started IP 11/21/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglycold View Post
I'm not looking forward to going out today with the cold. I have a Christmas party this afternoon but plan on only picking at the vegetables and leaving the other appetizers alone. I did my WI in this morning and down another 2 lbs which gives me a total of 20 lbs since Halloween. I've been averaging the 3 lbs a week which makes me very happy. This month is a test of our determination with all the food and temptations out there. One another note my husband has been bragging about me all week that I actually have a waist...lol Anyways it has finally given him the motivation to start on the program so he plans on starting on Thursday. This will be a real challenge for him but he is pre diabetic and really needs to lose the belly fat.
WOW! 3 lb. a week average is AWESOME!!!!
Congrats!
Tis the season for temptation of holiday treats!!!
I am lucky to work in a warehouse office where there are only 2 women (myself being one) and its crazy because men dont really bring fatty treats to work.....probably because it wouldnt feel manly to show up with a tray of brownies or cookies! lol

Stay strong at the holiday party! you can do this!!!!
Old 12-14-2010, 10:39 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Yahoo...good WI yesterday!!

FINALLY after 4 weeks of bouncing up and down with the same few lbs I lost 4.2lbs.!!!! It sure felt good!!!!

I go through jars of the WF Raspberry fruit spread, I make the Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing for my salads AND my DH has taken a liking to it to!! It is sooooo good!!!

A bit warmer here today only minus 15C. (the weekend was brutal minus 36C)

to all the Newbies...you will love this eating plan and especially this forum!!!!

For all the NSV , they are awesome!!

Have a great day!!!
Closed Thread