Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 10:34 PM   #1  
~ I Know I Can ~

Angry New Here

Hello, my name is Kari and I am new here to 3FC. I was searching for a site with a message forum where I would be able to chat with others, while giving, and getting support through out my weight loss journey.

To tell you a little about me, I am 20 years old from the Detroit, Michigan area. I currently weigh 300 lbs and will soon be starting a weight loss program near my home at The Medical Weight Loss Clinic. I am very excited to start. I used this program once when I was about 14 years old. I had lost 40 lbs - but lost interest in the program because I wanted to hang out with friends more. I now have a lot of free time on my hands, and too much weight on my body. I know I need to do something about this. Not only is this weight a strain on my body, but it also puts a strain my my relationships with family, friends, my my boyfriend of almost five years.

I am very motivated, and cannot wait to begin this journey. I hope to make many great friends here, and also help support them in their journeys.

Thanks for reading,
Kari

Last edited by karilyn1982; 04-01-2003 at 10:38 PM.
Old 04-01-2003, 11:16 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi Kari: What a beautiful young woman you are!!! Welcome to 3FC's! You will just love it here. It's a great place for inspiration and motivation.

I'm also from the Detroit area, am married and have two sons that are 21 and 23.

I post regularly on a thread, here under support, called "300+ And Ready To Try Again". You are more than welcome to join us.

We're an eclectic group of all different ages and we follow many different eatting plans. One of our little 'chickies' has just lost 135#'s and is a real inspiration.

We share recipes, tips and helpful hints. I hope you'll think about joining us.

Once again, welcome to the boards.

God Bless America!

Last edited by thinthinker; 04-01-2003 at 11:18 PM.
Old 04-03-2003, 01:23 AM   #3  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry

Hi Kari... I just now saw your post here.
I want to welcome you to 3FC also.
You will find a lot of support and inspiration here.
I always suggest that you just spend a lot of time reading and when you find a group that you feel compelled to post in ... jump right in. EVERYONE here will welcome you with open arms.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:25 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Kari, and welcome! You have come to a great place for support, sharing and encouragement. I'm on the opposite coast... in wonderful Seattle!

Let me invite you to join several of us in a thread called "April Exercise Challenge" -- it is in the "General Diet Plans" section. We each set our own goal for the month and then report in on our progress. It's a great way to stay motivated and accountable.

Sue
Closed Thread