Old 12-13-2010, 03:02 PM   #1  

Default New member dollieanna

hi all, you are very interesting people. i need to lose 100 lbs of fat. I started 3 weeks ago after visiting my Dr. he ask that i not weigh myself for 3 weeks. now i need to hold off another 3 week because i am taking cough med. and cough drops.But I am standing firm and following my wwpoints.I just had 1/4cup of 2% low fat cottage cheese with 1/2 banana for a snack.Dinner i am having seafood gumbo for 5 wwp total of 247 calories.For the life of me i never thought that dieting could be so healthy,and yum....o! i would like a little imput on how all of you are handling your way of eating. As i am new to this I heartfully ask of you all to Please allow me into your knowledge... dolly
dollieanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:14 PM   #2  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollieanna View Post
hi all, you are very interesting people. i need to lose 100 lbs of fat. I started 3 weeks ago after visiting my Dr. he ask that i not weigh myself for 3 weeks. now i need to hold off another 3 week because i am taking cough med. and cough drops.But I am standing firm and following my wwpoints.I just had 1/4cup of 2% low fat cottage cheese with 1/2 banana for a snack.Dinner i am having seafood gumbo for 5 wwp total of 247 calories.For the life of me i never thought that dieting could be so healthy,and yum....o! i would like a little imput on how all of you are handling your way of eating. As i am new to this I heartfully ask of you all to Please allow me into your knowledge... dolly
Hi Dolly,

Welcome to 3FCs!
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:56 AM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hope you don't mind, but I pulled your post out the this is why we are fat thread and made it a new thread. It was getting lost in there!!

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:47 AM   #4  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

hi dollie, I don't do ww, but I do count calories so it's pretty similar. I can't exercise much due to the winter weather/chronic pain problem I have so my cals are kept kind of low for now.

1350 cals a day, but it goes up or down depending on my weight and how active I am. Though it's never above 1500. I find if I go above that I binge. I am a binge/emotional eater.

I'm vegan, for heath and ethical reasons as well. I have insulin resistance so I find I lose best doing a 40% carb /30% protein/30% fat ratio. Once my carbs went up a bit I started losing more slowly and less steady. *shrugs* it's all about finding what works for you.

Also, moving/exercise of some sort on more days than not is good
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Dollie ~

I do WW and as you can see by my ticker I have about 100# to go.

How to handle the way of eating?? That's a individual thing...

Physically, I snack a lot!! I also drink a lot of water. It pushes physical hunger away until my next meal.

Mentally, I have to keep the motivation going by remembering what I really want in my life now and in the future. I do weird things like were a bracelet or rubber band or I wear my watch on the other wrist to bug me to put the motivation in front of the emotional hunger.

I'm curious about how the cough syrup and cough drops delay your weigh in??
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:33 AM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I stay within my calories by eating six mini meals per day. It keeps me from getting hungry. I also eat pretty "clean", very little processed foods, limited sweets, and this helps control any cravings. I know that if I can get through three days of clean eating the cravings will be gone and I'll be good to go. I have to go through that frequently.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:17 PM   #7  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome!
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote