Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 05:53 PM   #1  
Fit and Feisty

Default * Jaded Ladies * #6

Wow! I am so far behind in such a short time!

WELCOME NONA! We are glad to have you here with us. Congrats on your phenominal success! Keep up the good work!

JANA: The baby is in my prayers.

Okay, I am now going to address "reach". Not sure if it even applies to this situation, but because of my frequent UTIs, I have purchased some baby wipes for myself. My doctor told me that I must be extremely careful due to my...er...anatomy.

Hi to everyone else and before I leave....this is my 15th day in a row staying within my points range.

Love,
carree
Old 03-25-2003, 08:54 PM   #2  
2006 Resolution~Drink H20

Hello Everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome...

I'm trying to read a few of your posts to get to know you. Everyone seems so friendly and upbeat here - I like that!!

Today is going very well for me. I have been in my point range all day, actually since Saturday, and feel super. I'm even getting a bit of exercise in... not enough, but some. I'll add more exercise as I go.

Carree, Hope your feeling better.
Can't wait to "meet" everyone.

Nona
Old 03-25-2003, 09:09 PM   #3  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

15 days...fabulous job, Carree! They say it takes 6 weeks for a new habit to become ingrained and you are certainly on the way.

Because we started a new thread, I'm going to repost the link to the quilt I just finished and some of my paintings.

---------------> Click here <-------------
Old 03-25-2003, 09:14 PM   #4  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Nona,

any exercize is better than no excercize.
Old 03-25-2003, 09:34 PM   #5  

Hi ladies,

DONNA, we will miss you, please come by and say hello to us occasionally.

NONA, welcome to our small group. Congrats on staying OP. Sometimes I find it more difficult than others. I have been doing WW online for four weeks now and I've lost 11.8 lbs. For some reason I have been over-eating the last two days, I've got to get a grip.

Are you married? Do you have children? I am a 44 year old mother of two girls, one step-daughter and five grandchildren with one on the way. Oh, and I have a been married to a wonderful man for the last eighteen years.

KAT, you are really talented!! Do you sell your paintings? The quilt is beautiful. How long did it take you to finish it?

JANA, hope the baby is alright. Your daughter is in my prayers.

CARREE, hello, we were beginning to worry about you. Glad to hear that you have been OP.

Well, I'm gonna run, I need to check my grades. Talk to you tomorrow.

Ruth
Old 03-25-2003, 10:57 PM   #6  
The Rockinghorse Gal

I've sold some of my drawings, but not any paintings...of course, I haven't tried to sell any either. *lol*

If you want to purchase one, let me know and I'm sure we can work something out. *grin* I did the quilt over a 5 year period, working on it a few hours at a time...I'm sure I have at least a couple hundred hours into it though. Its one of the ways I relax.
Old 03-26-2003, 12:44 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Hi everybody,

Kat - your painting is gorgeous! Wish I was as "perky" as she. And the quilt is beautiful, too. As a fellow quilter and embroiderer, I can appreciate the hours you spent on it.

Carree - way to go on being op! We often keep baby wipes in the bathroom, too. Makes things nicer, ya know?? Leave it to THIS group to discuss something like "The Reach", lol. Sounds like a Seinfeld episode!

Nona - glad you are having a good day. Hang around here and we will always cheer you up!

Ruth - so how are the grades? Will you be going to summer school, too?

DD and baby (babies???) are doing just fine. Thank you all SO MUCH for the prayers and good thoughts. I am still OP and doing well with the exercise and water. Today I went in for new glasses, and couldn't believe how the prices have gone up! But they are really nice looking frames, and I feel very comfortable in them.

Well, I'm gonna go take a nap... yawn... see you guys later.
Jana
Old 03-26-2003, 07:40 PM   #8  

Just popping in to say Hi!

Jana: glad the little ones are better!

Hope all you ladies are doing great! I could be better with food, but am having trouble getting back in the groove after being sick. Don't know why that is....I am power walking the mall everyday without fail though.

You all have a good evening!

Donna
Old 03-27-2003, 10:26 AM   #9  

Angry

Good Morning Ladies ~

It's a beautiful day here in Arizona, and I'm off to school in a few moments. I have been married for almost 18 years, and now that my 2 boys are both in school full-time (5th and 2nd grade), I decided to go to school for ME! I am one of the older students at 38 years old: but I'm having fun. I'm studying Elementary Education.

Well, you asked to hear a bit about me.... guess thats a
start. Stay tuned ~~ more to come~~ LOL

Donna, I hope your feeling better and back in the swing of things soon.

Ruth, Congrats on the loss over the past few weeks. I hope I can do as well as you! What "grades" do you check? Are you a teacher...?

Carree, Super job staying op. What a great habit!

Have A Great Day ~~ Nona
Old 03-28-2003, 07:47 AM   #10  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Donna - Way to go on all the exercise! You are doing a fantastic job there... As far as the food, just think about your vacation that's coming up in the Fall and maybe that will give you an extra incentive. That's what's got me OP again! Knowing I'm flying to Disney in 7 more weeks is a REAL incentive! I hurt my knee by walking too far too fast, and now am doing old-fashioned calisthetics (SP?) You know, the kind of exercises we did in gym class way back when.

Nona - You and Ruth and Kat are all students here! Guess we should have called ourselves the Co-eds!! I am in my 17th year of marriage, too. It's nice and comfortable at this stage, isn't it?
I came to my husband as part of a package deal, and didn't have the coveted time together alone as it seems you and your DH did.

Carree, Kat and Ruth - hi!

Essey and Julie - if you are reading this, please stop by to say hello...

Well, I've been busy planning for a Mother/Daughter banquet at our church. Boy, there are lots of details to a big dinner like this!
But today I'm going to run down to Evansville and go shopping just for the fun of it.

Be good!
Jana
Old 03-29-2003, 12:58 PM   #11  

Angry

YEAH!! I lost 2.8 lbs!!!

Can you tell I'm happy?

Have a super weekend. I'm off to my sisters for the night and will catch up with everyone later.

Nona
Old 03-31-2003, 11:30 PM   #12  
GmaTo8

Way to go Nona!!
Old 04-02-2003, 12:08 PM   #13  

Hello everyone! Hope you all are doing well. I seem to be up and running well again. We have a 30 day no cheat/exercise challenge going on at another thread so I am chugging right along with that. I have lost another 10 lbs so that is great too!

Thought you might get a laugh at my dgs latest exploits. If that kid doesn't kill his parents, they are going to be very lucky!

Kelly told T to tell Granddad and Nonny what he had done in the house. He said, " I cooked a corndog in the microwave and started the house on fire." Yep, that is kind of what he did. While Kelly was upstairs, he got a plastic plate, got a corndog out of the freezer, wrapped it in a washcloth, put it in the microwave and set it to cook for 30 minutes. Kelly came downstairs and the house was filled with smoke. She got the plate outside onto the sidewalk and went back in to open the windows. When she came back out, she said the corndog had taken off and looked like sparklers on the Fourth of July! That's my boy! lol He then told me about Mr. Guy (his other grandparents cat) He sid, "Mr. Guy was sick and Pops was crying so we put Mr Guy in the mud so he would be nice and cosy!" What a way to look at death! lol

Is everyone staying op and getting in their exercise? My exercise is going great. I had to walk the complex instead of the mall yesterday and so of course my back hurt last night. The mall is just an ideal place to walk and I can power walk there because I don't have to worry about sticks stones etc.

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I have an interview for one of the part time jobs I applied for over 3 weeks ago tomorrow and am putting out resumes for full time employment. I need to go back to work. I am bored silly and afraid I will start eating again. One of the biggest problems is transportation. My dh's clunker has a couple pretty big problems and is not running (manifold and an electrical problem) so we are down to the one car. There is one place that would be perfect and could fit in with transpo problems but who knows whether they will be interested in me or not.

Well, have a good week ladies and stay OP!

Donna
Old 04-02-2003, 07:31 PM   #14  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Donna - you sure will be in my prayers.. I hope you get the job, and you will, if it is meant to be. Your dgs is so precious! I can hardly wait until the twins are old enough to talk. Madison said Maw Maw yesterday for the first time, and I was so elated!!!!

I have been doing very well with the food and the water, but since I hurt my knee, the exercise is next to none. Well, I am getting exercise in the yard, though. It has been beautiful weather here, and I spent quite a while outside today, moving stuff from one shed to another. DH is giving me a nice big shed (with a concrete floor and a roof that doesn't leak) to call my own. I have been busy with that. Also, there is a lot to be done in the garden and that will give me a real good workout all summer.

By the way, you guys know that every year when Spring gets here, I disappear for awhile, so don't think I bailed on you if I don't check in much.

Be good!
Jana
Old 04-02-2003, 10:37 PM   #15  
The Rockinghorse Gal

I think he might want to make some changes in his online exam...take a peek at the bar at the bottom of the page as each quiz image loads. *lol* (Not to mention the fact that some of the choices are ridiculous and the answer would be obvious anyhow!)
Take a peek at this exam *lmao*
Closed Thread