Old 12-08-2010, 09:24 PM   #1  
Naturally Curvy

S/C/G: 264/259.9/164

Height: 5'6"

Default Question About Gall Bladders

Hi all!

I have been looking at and comparing all sorts of ways of eating and lifestyle changes in an effort to find one that not only I feel I can stick with as a way of life but one that really jives with what I know to be true and right for my particular body.

Well, Atkins hits all the green lights so far...

I'm very amazed at everything I have read so far both here and online - especially the success stories here! And I will certainly read the book before I truly commit myself. But before I track the book down at the library, perhaps you can save me time by answering a question:

Does Atkins say anything about gall bladders? I had mine removed in January of this year and I am just wondering if he has anything to say about that in his book.

I don't react badly to fats these days and didn't really have to change anything since the removal (though I should have so I would have kept the weight off...), but I don't want to set anything off if he doesn't think this way off life is right for those who don't have a gall bladder. (Honestly, I don't see why it would be a problem unless I was already reacting to fats.)

Thanks for the help!
JMSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:19 AM   #2  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

without the gall bladder you can't concentrate the bile, (which breaks down the fats) but you still make it in the liver. Some people will not be able to take higher fat foods, and atkins is higher in fat than many diets. BUt if you are not having problems with fatty foods, you should be fine.
If you have some problems with the fat content, you can go higher up on the carb ladder and reduce the fat a bit.
good luck, let us know how things are.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:09 PM   #3  
Naturally Curvy

Thank you for replying.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:13 AM   #4  
Haters gonna hate

S/C/G: 187.5/175.2/140

Height: 5'3

i had my gallbladder removed in may 2010 and atkins has not given me any problems in the 3-4 months i have been on induction and OWL.
SunnyDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:15 AM   #5  
Naturally Curvy

Awesome.