South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 04:21 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Thin and Thankful Thursday Beach Chatter

Good Morning

It's my favorite day of the week! And since I get to start the thread today I can add my traditional disclaimer; I'm far from thin but I'm thankful that I'm on the right track and I'm thinner than I used to be! Those of you who know me know that my life sometimes resembles a personal soap opera and I really struggle with emotional eating.

Since it's early, I'll share a bit of the latest. Tuesday eve I just decided to check in on FB one more time before heading to bed, and noticed I had a private message from my Sis in Law in Roanoke. You'll recall that Kirks bro was just here for Thankgsgiving. I innocently opened it and it was the nastiest, most accusatory verbal barrage that I have ever had directed at me. She called me names I'd never heard before. All because Kirk and I had a one on one with his bro and had encouraged him to try and reconcile his marriage first, but offered him our house over the hill if he came to the point he just needed to exit. I felt really bad, because a copy was also sent to Kirks Sis who knows nothing about this and is focused on recovery from breast cancer.
The good news; I didn't eat over it! I rationalized it, recognized it was not my issue then pledged to stay busy and not use it as an excuse to eat over it. I decided to use "distraction techniques" and tore my office apart and totally redid it. The message I created was very clear; "If I keep trying and never give up I will succeed in keeping this weight off and living a happier and healthier life."

So, I am up early after enjoying a marvelous dinner last night. We had perfectly cooked spaghetti squash served with my very own sauce made from our very own tomatoes. Kirk was thrilled! He is totally onboard with healthy eating and when I told him where a hidden can of Pringles was he chose not to eat them.

I have a great day planned. I'm up early to work on finishing my new and organized office, then I have 2 dates at the pool today. I'll go to water aerobics at 9 and then meet a girl from class at 4. Shes still heavier than me, but has been doing quite well on Nutrasystem.

Now that you've heard the latest episode of my soap opera....What's going on in your world today?? Stop by and say Hi . Coffee is on and tea is always available.

I'm still here and working on it! Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 12-09-2010 at 04:49 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:06 AM   #2  
Be happy.

You did awesome last night, Debbie! Congratulations!

I love the title "Thin and Thankful Thursday"!
I have so many things to be thankful for: my family and friends, a job that I love, and my health has been wonderful this past year. Fergie is starting to feel so much better, though he still doesn't have an appetite. But that's a blessing too I suppose. Losing weight will help prevent future gout attacks. And even though the charts say I am still 5 lbs 'overweight' - for the first time in over a decade I really do feel thin, and I'm very thankful for that. I'm thankful for many other things too, but you've only got so much time to read this post....

The kids were inside all day yesterday because it was so cold and it's looking like we may have to keep them in again today, too. This is Maine - we're not wimps - but with the wind chill it "felt like 0" and we only go out if it's 10 degrees or above. The kids get soooo loud and soooo rowdy when they can't get outdoors. I'm packing an extra dose of patience when I pack my lunch today.

Enjoy your Thursday friends!
Old 12-09-2010, 06:35 AM   #3  
Mini-goal: 260

S/C/G: 325/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

Hello!

Debbie: Well done! You took a stressful situation and used it to your advantage - now you're still on track, and you have a newly redone office-space. Yay!

Heidi: Our kids are all grown up, and I miss loud and rowdy. Hehe.

I'm off to work. It looks like Ireland will probably be canceled today due to dad's health issues. I've encouraged him to only take on what he really feels he can handle. He'll let me know today if that includes a trip abroad at this time.

May we all enjoy a day where we remember how strong we are. We can do anything at all we put our minds to - now let's get out there and do it!
Old 12-09-2010, 06:52 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieoh View Post
May we all enjoy a day where we remember how strong we are. We can do anything at all we put our minds to - now let's get out there and do it!
Thanks, Annie! Great words for the day! I'm sorry it looks like your trip isn't going to happen, but far better to make the decision from home then to get across the globe and have something happen. You have a great day, too. Strong IS a state of mind.

Heidi, I'm glad to hear Fergie is feeling better. He'll probably drop some weight pretty quickly. Congrats on persisting through thick and thin to be in such a rewarding spot, weightwise. Have a fun day with the kiddos.

Cyndi, I have the map out and my thinking cap on. GWS-Taos is 310 m....perhaps doable. I need to talk to Kirk and figure out if we could make Rudi comfortable for a trip....will also look at weather.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:57 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I've been distracted by my NM itinerary. Talk about last minute, I leave Sunday and it finally showed up. It looks hectic (big surprise) but really fun. I love mountains

What a positive thread to wake-up to! Thanks early posters for starting my day on just the right note.

Debbie - I can always tell when you start the Thurs. thread
Wow, huge congratulations on your success yesterday. That's such a huge hurdle to overcome. I'm going to remember your example next time something really stressful happens. You are my inspiration

Heidi - So glad to hear that Fergie is improving. Congratulations on your personal victory It's so nice to finally turn that corner and feel yourself different.

Annie - Sorry to hear about Ireland but how smart to only plan what really works for everyone. Thanks for your perspective each morning.

So a couple of weeks ago DW stepped wrong when she got up in the morning. I thought she might have banged the nail bed and we've been keeping an eye on it. It wasn't getting better (okay, so she has been using the mini tramp every day) so she finally went to the Dr. Apparently she broke it This has been her year for injuries. I hope this is the end of that. She is now resting and aiming for optimum healing before NM.

It was so great to spend last night with my old work peeps. We talked about how incredibly lucky we were to have the work experience we had together. I don't think many people ever get the chance to work in the kind of environment we had and our connection to one another is still strong.

Cheese is my problem again this year. I can resist all sorts of foods but really good cheese is just something I need to stay away from.

Time to start another day. Thank you all for starting my day with me and helping me start on the right foot
Old 12-09-2010, 06:57 AM   #6  
Be happy.

My kids are grown and away from home too Annie, and I would love to turn back the clock and have them little and at home with us again, even on rowdy days. I teach kindergarten, and was talking about the kids in the elementary school. They're a great bunch of kids but a whole classroom full of rowdy, wound up kiddos makes for a long day. I'll burn plenty of calories trying to wear them out with active songs and games though.

I'm sorry that your Dad's health may prevent the trip to Ireland.

Good morning Cyndi. I was sorry to read about Julie's toe - Ouch! Hopefully she'll heal quickly and be ready for birding in NM.

Cheese is a tough one for me too. That and peanut butter. Maybe you could buy the cheap, less tasty stuff so you won't be tempted? Nah, me neither. LOL Have a great Thursday!

Last edited by Heidi58; 12-09-2010 at 07:06 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:59 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiss View Post
Cyndi, I have the map out and my thinking cap on. GWS-Taos is 310 m....perhaps doable. I need to talk to Kirk and figure out if we could make Rudi comfortable for a trip....will also look at weather.
Wed. night in Taos will definitely be the most relaxing night just based on the itinerary. DW probably won't join me there, it just seems like a lot of driving to sleep. I'd love to have dinner with you there and meet Kirk and Rudi.

Last edited by CyndiM; 12-09-2010 at 07:00 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:23 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Cyndi, the weather looks hopeful. I'm going to run it by Kirk this AM. We might be able to come up with a tentative plan, see how the weather holds...and then load up and head out at the last minute. You know, you'd get to meet Bing!, too. He is always anxious to add another state to his list.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:38 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning all,

I can't seem to get my chit together this morning. I just wrote a long post and lost it all. Sorry. I woke up with a pounding headache and am all congested. Darn! I have too much to do and don't have time to deal with a cold.

I had written personal replies to each of you, but let me just say that you all are huge inspirations to me and keep me going.

I have to go dry my hair and try to eat something before I'm out the door. Have a good day and I'll see you later.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:51 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

I am thankful for all of you amazing, inspiring, supportive, wise, funny chicks
Old 12-09-2010, 08:11 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie this morning as I had a problem getting in and Donna's on her way. No time for personals but I feel a bit better about that after re-reading my sticky about the Daily Thread!
All is well except for an incipient cold which I am fighting with Cold-FX, Vit C and zinc lozenges.
Glorious sunshine today and it sure is a winter wonderland out there.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, ladies! Okie keeps telling me on facebook that I need to get back here and of course she's right. I do pop in and read to keep up with you all, but when it comes time to post, I just can't think of anything to say... It's not you, it's me. But I resolve to post even if it's just to say hello. It definitely helps with keeping my focus and goals, and I haven't been in a good eating place in a very long time.

One thing I have kept up is my walking routine with my neighbor, but we had a deal that we would not walk if it was lower than 25 degrees out, and it was 18 this morning so she bailed on me. I was bundled and ready to go, so I should just have gone myself, but I decided to have another coffee, check my email, one thing led to another... now I must get to work so it's too late but I think I will try for a trot at lunchtime.

Anyway, all is well with me. DH is at sea through February, new job is going well, kids are good, and I'm not ready to talk about weight gain yet, but yeah, it's there.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:09 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Karen, How's your tummy??

Linda, *ouch* for lost posts, feeling generally crummy and having to get up and go to work anyway. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Ruth, always good to see you taking your own advice! You get to feeling better, too!

Diane(Schmoodle), glad to see you! Okie is good at motivating us all! Good for you getting your regular walks in...that is half the battle. I'm glad to hear that everything is going well. Take care, friend!

Cyndi, Kirk seems to like the idea of a roadtrip. Let's hope the weather cooperates!

Pool time is quickly approaching...27 degrees here, but Tuesday we did water aerobics to holiday songs while the snow fell on our heads. It looks like today will be more of the same.

See ya'll later. Have a great day, everyone!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:37 AM   #14  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

I have no time for personals today because we are going downtown this morning to the market. Just wanted to say, Debbie thanks for your thankful message today. I was in the dumps about yesterday's potluck lunch really disappointed in myself that I can't handle social situations but by reading your post, I am determined to tackle this problem and have a cheerier disposition now.
take care
Sophie
Old 12-09-2010, 09:47 AM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Sophie! Yep, just get back on track! Glad to hear you're feeling better now.
Closed Thread