South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 05:29 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Twitterings

It's a winter wonderland and still dark out there but I'm up and at it. It would have been lovely to stay in bed but the snowplow went by and the doggage raised a fuss so I'm ready to roll.

Taking yesterday "off" was a good idea. I got a ton of bills paid for the Mill and once again saw the wood on my desktop. I've a bit more accounting to do today and a bank run which I'll integrate with pet therapy this afternoon. The morning is going to be decorating and some snow shoveling as we got quite a dump. This is Jazz's second winter and he absolutely loves the snow. He rolls in it and comes in all excited just covered. Disney likes it too but is more dignified about the whole thing.

My calendar just told me that I need to work the Food Bank this morning. More and more people are needing that extra support this year. Luckily we have more and more generous donors - got a very large cheque on the weekend which will buy a lot of Christmas turkeys. A local grower has given us a partial truckload of potatoes. Unfortunately they are not washed but Claire and I are going to tackle that next week.

Still no outside lights up but maybe today. It's pretty cold outside but may warm up a bit by noon. If not, I'll bundle up and keep telling myself "I am Canadian"!

How does your Tuesday look? Come and chat a bit before you leap into your day.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hey Ruth! I didn't gain weight nor did I lose and I'm happy with that. My move for California will be Jan 6th or 7th depending on when I get my money. I'm ready for a new beginning in 2011! It will be tough but I'm made of strong stuff! I look forward to continuing the weight loss and reaching my goals in 2011!
Old 12-07-2010, 06:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, doesn't it feel good to have accomplished so much yesterday? I'd love to be there to watch Jazz romp in the snow, I bet he looks adorable.

Okie, California or Bust! Hang in there, Sweetie. It sounds like 2011 is going to be a great year for you!

We don't have snow but it's awfully cold and windy. I'll try not to spend any more time outside today than I have to!
I was starting to feel pretty overwhelmed yesterday with all that needs doing before Christmas, so I decided to write down everything on a legal pad. I was astonished at how much I was able to cross off the list by the end of the day. Now it seems a lot more manageable.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I'm glad Cottagebythesea that you have less on your plate! Yup, I'm all in with Cali!
Old 12-07-2010, 06:41 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cottage, the first thing to put on your list is "Make a List" and then you can cross it off. I do things not on the list and write them down just so I can have the thrill of crossing them off. I have simple pleasures.

FoodObsessed, glad you held the line on weight change. This is such a tricky time of year. CA in January sure sounds good to me. It's darned cold here this morning at20ºF!
Old 12-07-2010, 06:42 AM   #6  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies!

Ruth, I loved your line about reminding yourself, "I am Canadian."! I hope it will warm out so you won't have to resort to that.

Hi Okie, no gain is really good news this time of year!

Linda, the list was a great idea, I should do the same because I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed right now, too.

No internet here yesterday morning because of the weather I assume. Yesterday was the kind of day when I didn't have a moment to stop and take a breath, and knowing what today looked like I was in bed by 8:30.

Fergie is going to pick me up after school and we'll head back to Massachusetts to pick up my Durango. The fan wasn't working, that's all that was wrong with it. Phew! We can't get there before they close so they'll lock the keys in and we'll just grab it and go when we get there. I'm hoping to be home by midnight.
Have a great Tuesday friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 12-07-2010 at 06:45 AM.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:43 AM   #7  
Mini-goal: 260

S/C/G: 325/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, everyone!

Ruth: We're continuing to make donations to friends who are down on their luck as we find things we can't eat in the house, or buy things it turns out we don't like. Its a hard time of year when you don't have enough coming in to make ends meet. Good on you, working at the food bank.

FoodObsessed: Staying the course is great! Congrats on the move.

Cottage: A Christmas to-do list sounds useful. It's just the two of us here, so our list is short: Enjoy time together, don't sweat the small stuff.

Heidi: I hope your day is the good kind of busy. Enjoy the long drive to pick up your Durango.

Well, my big news is: I skipped my morning P90X work out. I woke up late, and just didn't feel it. I plan to make it up this evening. Shame on me for not getting up the first time I woke up! Since I don't use an alarm clock, it can be pretty easy for me to decide to oversleep. That's something I definitely need to work on, motivation and attitude-wise.

I hope we all have great days, filled with steaming hot delicious on-plan selections, and just enough exercise to remind us that it's all worthwhile.

Last edited by annieoh; 12-07-2010 at 06:44 AM. Reason: because Heidi snuck in there!
Old 12-07-2010, 07:07 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning
the sun is up and there really isn't any snow here this morning. The rest of New England and NY are white but the river valley protected us.

Ruth - Yesterday sounds like just what was needed. Good luck with those lights. I just can't ever convince myself I'm not freezing.

Okie - Congratulations on holding the line through the first holidays>

Cottage - The trick is to not add new things to the list

Heidi - Glad the car news was inexpensive. How much snow do you have there?

Annie - Enjoy your day too

Last night I broke out my Christmas present (DW offered it to me early. I did not ask ) I have the new EA Sports 2 for Wii. I got it all set-up and used the first workout. Wow, that should keep me in shape this winter. I love that I don't need the numchuk at all and rarely need the Wiimote. I'm looking forward to checking out the other activities and making my own workout too.

Hope your Tuesday is a breeze.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:40 AM   #9  

Cyndi, I expected to hear that you had several inches of snow on the ground, after seeing the weather map this morning. That's interesting that the valley shelters you from the brunt of it. It sounds like Julie has a hard time waiting til Christmas to give her presents, but I'm the same way. I bought Jake a Kindle because he's always borrowing mine, and I gave it to him already. I may go ahead and get him something small, just so he'll have something to open on Christmas morning.

Annie, at least I hope you enjoyed your extra sleep this morning. I hope you manage to do your workout tonight. Speaking for myself, by the time I get home at the end of the day I'm pooped out and exercising is the last thing I want to do. Good luck!

Heidi, what a relief about your car repair! That's happy news! Have a safe drive to pick it up and get home safe and sound.

Ruth, I like your suggestion for my List. I'll do that next time!
Old 12-07-2010, 07:40 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

I almost got out of bed and started this thread hours ago with the title "tummy ache Tuesday." Mine's been hurting since yesterday afternoon but a bit better now that I am up. I guess I'll be calling the doctor's office when they open. Sigh. Visions of appendicitis are dancing in my worst-case-scenario head.

Hope everyone has a great day! Hopefully I'll BBL.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:42 AM   #11  

Karen, I'm sorry that you're not feeling well this morning. I hope it's not anything serious, but it's a good idea to check with your doctor, just in case. Keep in touch, OK?
Old 12-07-2010, 09:18 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

It's a late morning for me, but the pups have been out and have had their breakfast so I can start taking care of me. We've had a nice time visiting here, but I'm thinking our visit may not last much longer. It's just too hard on Rudi. We're in the middle of a big storm and I'm thinking we'll start planning ahead for our break inbetween. In the meantime, I can go to the pool and exercise in the snow.

Ruth, thanks for getting us started. I love your list suggestion, too. I'm into a little dry erase board right now which is great because I find that Kirk likes erasing things that get done, too.

Cyndi, yay for early presents and for snow that is everywhere but your valley.

Okie, you're doing great! One of the best strategies I can think of is to maintain your loss while you're figuring out the rest. MD or CA, you know we are here to support you!

Karen, ouch, I hope your tummy is feeling better and that it's something very minor.

Annie, thanks for the special wish for all of us today...very thoughtful and appropriate.

Linda, I'm sure Santa will have some other goodies for Jake, but I'm glad he's enjoying his Kindle. I'm ear-worming "making a list, checking it twice..." A cold wintery day is great for projects inside.

Heidi, I hope your drive is uneventful...what a pain having to make an extra trip especially when your evening will be so long, but at least you'll be reunited with the Durango.

OK, off to choreland! Have a great OP day, everyone!
Old 12-07-2010, 09:47 AM   #13  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Ruth - lists are good - DH said he would make a breakfast during the holidays and I told him I would pencil him. I too am Canadian but getting use to this weather takes time.

Okie - good on maintaining. Have a good day.

Karen - hope its something that a spoon full of med (I was going to say - sugar) can take care of

Cyndi - enjoy your Christmas present. Would love to be in Stowe for a while during the Christmas holidays. When I lived in Montreal we use to go down quite a bit.

Annie - that is a wonderful thought for today.

Karen - its good the repair was minor, a big expense during holidays is not appreciated.

Cottage - A Kindle sounds nice and its so popular this year. I've been thinking of getting DH one.

Debbie - poor Rudi, guess the snow is hard on him. Have fun in the pool. I've started knitting a hat and half way thru saw that it was twisted so rip, rip and start again.

Today is filled with lots of errands to run. Oh yes, that potluck I am going to, we have to bring food for the foodbank as a hostess gift.
take care
Sophie
Old 12-07-2010, 10:15 AM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Quick fly-by! Reposting the pic of Voodoo with Santa in case anyone missed it since I posted it so late last night. Today is our Christmas party at Golden Corral for lunch at work. Blargh. Don't worry, I'll be good. :P

Gotta run, lots of work to do! Have a great day!

Lisa
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VoodooSanta.jpg (24.4 KB, 5 views)
Old 12-07-2010, 10:22 AM   #15  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning Beautiful Ladies!

Today I am taking on the challenge of making my peppermint bark finally! lol, it has to be done and best to go ahead and do it and send it off on its way! I have decided to once again do a South beach inspired form of McDougalling so I won't be posting in the OP section anymore- wouldn't want to confuse anyone! But, I will be finishing this exercise challenge and getting in on the dailys as I have been lately!

Well, Off to start the mess! Hope you chickies have a great day! Hopefully more time for personals later!
Closed Thread