Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 07-11-2008, 09:50 AM   #1  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Question Sensa? Appetite Suppresant

http://www.trysensa.com/index.cfm?action=home.main

Anyone heard of this or tried it???
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 01:27 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

I saw a report about this on my local news last week. After thinking about it for a week, I ordered it yesterday. They have a 60 day return policy, so I thought I would give it a try--if no luck in about 4 to 6 weeks, it will be returned! One reason I decided to try it is because of the concept of it being sensory. Hopefully it will help me to eat less, which will help me to change my ways. I don't plan to look at it as a quick fix, but a tool to help me train my body to be satisfied with smaller portions. Hopefully it will work!
donnakd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:50 AM   #3  
it's always something

I just read a snippet about Sensa in an old NY Times article by Sanja Gupta.

It almost sounded promising until I got to this part...

But there's reason to be skeptical. For starters, Hirsch's paper has not yet been peer-reviewed or published. What's more, he admits that he has not followed up with his subjects in the three years since he completed the trial to find out if they have kept the weight off. As anyone who has ever dieted knows, it's not losing the pounds that's hard — it's keeping them lost. Finally, Sensa costs $59 for a one-month supply.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 08:48 AM   #4  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Default Sensa

Has anyone heard or tried this??

Last edited by nelie; 10-31-2008 at 10:38 AM.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:40 AM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I've never heard of it but it looks like the theory is that the smell/taste of it will trigger fullness signals in the brain? I'm a bit dubious but if anyone has tried it, it would be interesting to see.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:38 PM   #6  
Marathon Goddess

Has anyone tried this since its first posting?
happytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:22 AM   #7  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

Default Sensa on HSN???

I just saw a product called Sensa on HSN. Has anyone else heard of it or used it? I only watched for a few minutes but it looks like something you sprinkle on your food that's supposed to help with apetite. I was just wondering if it works.
alwe74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:01 AM   #8  
it's always something

It sounds interesting. There's nothing in it to hurt you, unlike most other diet products. I can't find any reviews online, I guess because it's so new. However, they claim to have 25 years of research and have tested it on over 4000 people.

The only thing that raises my eyebrows is that it costs around $35 a month to use, and you lose an average of under 5 pounds per month according to their official website.

You don't have to change your diet or lifestyle, just sprinkle it on your food and you'll stop eating sooner so you cut calories. But you are paying $7 per pound lost. It would be cheaper to just count calories and stop eating when you reach your daily limit. However, that's more easily said than done for a lot of people, so maybe this can be used in conjunction with a healthier diet.

Also, most people don't overeat due to hunger, they overeat due to boredom, stress, or other emotions. Sensa won't help in those instances.

I'd be interested to hear experiences from people that have tried it.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 175/175/155

Height: 5'5"

I saw it. I'm an infomercial junkie so I was ready to buy. I found reviews online and most people said that they were disappointed with the product. Im going to keep trying to lose the old fashioned way.
bikini bod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:02 AM   #10  
it's always something

At first, all I found were blog reviews that weren't really reviews, they were more like advertisements and included affiliate links. If you visit the TrySensa.com website, you can create a forum account to read messages from current users. There are some people that say it doesn't work, but there seem to be more that are seeing results.

I think it works by affecting how you taste and smell food. The official info says it causes your brain to send signals to your stomach sooner to indicate you are full. It's up to you to quit eating at that point, and not just keep eating out of boredom, stress, etc. However, several people have commented that they felt they were losing interest in food. They felt full sooner, but also had less or no desire to snack between meals.

I'm still reading their posts, but it sounds like it can work for some people. It might not work for everyone of course. It can be a little pricey if you buy month to month instead of a multi package. There are six different versions of Sensa, each marked by Month 1, Month 2, etc. The different months contain different 'tastants' and you have to change every month. The brain becomes accustomed to the tastants in one package after around 30 days and it stops working, so you have to move on.

If anyone tries this, we'd love to hear your results
Old 02-01-2009, 06:20 PM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

I ordered mine from HSN. It's out for delivery tomorrow. I will let you know in a few days what I think of it.
ok4ablonde2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:17 AM   #12  

I have been using Sensa for three month now and so has my wife. She gained 2 pounds the first month (Woman do this sometimes) and over all I lost 18 pounds and she lost 11 pounds. I think the stuff is great.

There is a free offer for one month now on some websites, i think they are affiliates and the free month is NOT on the main Sensa site.

Do not take my word for it, look around, try the free month, it is only $4.95. How many spend 5X that every month on a gym membership they do not use!!!
MrKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:05 AM   #13  
it's always something

Thanks for the tip, MrKeith, and congrats on your progress!
Old 02-08-2009, 09:53 PM   #14  

Default Sensa

I bought Sensa from HSN on auto delivery. I have only been using it for 2 days. From the first time I used it, it worked right away. I was full after only a few bites of food but I kept eating thinking that it was just in my head. Finally, my stomach said, NO after 2 more bites. I didn't crave anything else for the rest of the night like I normally do. I am going to stick with it for as long as it takes.
Destiny2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:22 PM   #15  
Yes We Can ~Obama

Default Sensa

Has anyone tried Sensa yet? What were your results?

Last edited by nelie; 05-19-2009 at 02:28 PM.
InnerChild is offline   Reply With Quote