South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 04:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Wild Women's Weekend Chat

Just thought I would get us started for the weekend since I probably won't be around much. I'm about to head to bed since I've got to get back up in 3 or 4 hours for the Christmas parade. Flight leaves at 1917 hrs tonight and is supposed to be on the ground in Orlando at 2037 hrs. I'm not sure what time I'll be back Sunday, but I'm expecting it to be late in the afternoon.

We'll be taking Shadow to the parade again today...it's her 3rd year going. She's so funny...when the bands go by she sits right down and watches them until they pass by and then she's back up on her feet. Silly puppy!!!

Anywho, hope everybody has a good weekend. See ya'll Monday!!!
Old 12-04-2010, 05:31 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Natasha! It sounds like you have a great weekend ahead! Have fun and we'll see you soon.

It's shaping up to be a great weekend here in Wintery Colorado. Skiing was fun yesterday. I'm so grateful to have come far enough with my weightloss to be able to do that again. Today, I'll hit the pool for exercise again and tonight I might go contra dancing...we'll see. I'm probably headed back for a few more hours of rest but might get some SBD meal preparation in the works first.

What's everyone up to this weekend? Stop by and say Hi

My weekend is planned-and OP.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:22 AM   #3  
Mini-goal: 260

S/C/G: 325/ticker/154

Natasha: What parade? Will there be photos?

Debbie:
I've always wanted to get in with a contra dancing group. I'm so uncoordinated and have no sense of rhythm though.

My weekend is shaping up to be quiet and dull, just how I like it. Today is grocery shopping and lunch with a friend (all three of us go out every Saturday for lunch, Mexican usually since we started South Beach). Sunday we're expecting inclement weather and so will hole up in the house with our heaters on.

I just bought a new scale and... it weighs me at 6 pounds MORE than our old scale. So. Do I bump my CW up by 6 pounds, bump up my SW and CW, or just quietly pretend like it doesn't do anything and not report a new weight until the new scale shows it? Inquiring minds want to know!
Old 12-04-2010, 06:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Have a wonderful weekend, Natasha! I'm glad Shadow will enjoy the parade, LOL!

Debbie ~ you make me want to strap on a pair of skis and take to the slopes again. I haven't skied in years, though. When I go with Cindy's family, I'm usually a spectator from inside the lodge in front of the fireplace with a mug of hot chocolate in my hand. That's an excellent way to get a great workout, and I applaud you!

I'm heading up to New York City this morning to meet with two Mod friends of mine, Leenie & Jiffypop, for a day in the city. I can't wait! We're planning on checking out several Christmas markets and just having fun together.

I'd better go dry my hair. See you all this evening!
Old 12-04-2010, 06:38 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

DW and I are often to Boston to visit DD and her BF. DD and I will attend the Nutcracker this afternoon then all 4 of us will go out to dinner and spend a relaxing evening hanging out at their place. Can't wait to see her!

Natasha - Sounds like a fun weekend!

Debbie - You are so active! Glad you're having so much fun.

Annie - Enjoy the quiet

Cottage - I know you will all have a great time Hope you find lots of great bargains to go along with the excellent company

I probably won't be around much until tomorrow afternoon. Have a good December weekend
Old 12-04-2010, 06:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Oh Natasha I am so not wild! Maybe this will inspire me. Have a great trip and weekend.

Debbie - What is contra dancing? Glad you enjoyed skiing and love that you can see the benefits of all your hard work.

Annie - The choice is yours. Darn scales. I can't remember who it was that recently took their scale with them to the doctor's office to check for accuracy.

Linda - Sounds like a fun day; enjoy.

Cyndi - Ah, my old stomping grounds. Have fun.

I have a quiet day today. Tomorrow my teen has a college interview. It is a safety school that has already accepted him and this is for scholarships. Then we have our annual book club Hanukkah party which will be laden with off plan foods. I admit than when something social like that is coming up I have a hard time staying on plan the days before. My biggest temptations will be the bagels (LOVE them) and the desserts.

Yesterday I hit the mall hoping to find stocking stuffers for my guys. (Yes, we celebrate both.) Not one! It is so much harder now that the boys are older. But I did get stuff for myself

Have a great weekend everyone. BBL
Old 12-04-2010, 06:59 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I've been putzing...so far not addressing any of my chores.

Linda, have a fun day in NYC with the 3FC chickies! I look forward to hearing of your adventures.

Cyndi, have fun with the family and I look forward to your restaurant report.

Annie, quiet and dull is sometimes a good thing.lol My take on the ticker/scale question is to do what feels right for you. I think we each need to have our own personal relationship with our ticker. The worst thing it can do is make you feel bad. I guess what I would do would be increase my starting weight and current weight which would keep pounds lost the same. It seems less confusing when current weight matches one's scale.

Karen, I'm not wild, either. lol Enjoy your quiet day. Contra dancing reminds me of elementary school when we did the Virginia Reel. You seem to start with your own partner, switch off through the entire dance and end up with your own partner. There is live music and the music is pretty improvised and somewhat repetitous. Kinda' country jammin'. In my town they do a community contra dance once a month in the elem. school gym. Anyone and everyone shows up. The cool thing is that being we live so close to Aspen, we are graced with a very famous fiddle player who is just doing his thing "incognito". Makes for fun and good exercise.

Ok, chores must be somewhere on my list!
Old 12-04-2010, 07:23 AM   #8  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Have a safe and wonderful trip Natasha!

Debbie, I love contra dancing! Around here it's very big, mostly in the (Canadian) French communities. I'm not a dancer but I love contra dances because the caller tells you exactly what to do and when to do it and there are really only a few different steps anyway. Of course I struggle a little when they start calling in French. I hope you'll get there tonight!

Annie, I eat a lot more Mexican food since I've been on SBD, too. Not many Mexican restaurants in rural Maine though - I wish there were!

Linda and Cyndi - exciting plans today for both of you. No need to tell you to have fun, I know you will.

Karen, enjoy your day.

I'm heading back to Maine at noon time today. I need to get home in time to shovel snow, Fergie's still pretty uncomfortable and I don't want him limping around with a snow shovel. How's that for motivation to get home? LOL

Enjoy your Saturday friends!
Old 12-04-2010, 08:21 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wild Women? I knew there was a reason I woke at 7:30! I actually slept until 7:35 without a potty-break or a wake and worry break. A good sleep sure puts a different perspective on the day.

Natasha, one of my dogs liked parades too. Libby would sit and watch as well. Enjoy your Orlando weekend. You deserve a break.

Lexxis, putzing is such a good word. I guess procrastinating means just nt doing something while putzing means to start but not finish? I putz a lot but not today. Enjoy the skiing - I'm a tad envious.

Annie, isn't that annoying! I would just reset my CW and carry on. Remember that you actually really weigh the same but the other scale may have been lying. You really have lost weight no matter what a piece of metal says.

Linda and Cyndi, I am envious and wish I could take off for Boston or NYC right now. Cyndi, I love the Nutcracker. It makes me feel like a little girl again. Linda, you know how much I'd love to be with three of my favourite people. Enjoy the Mini-MOD-Meetl

Waisting Time, Hanukkah comes but once a year - too bad it's more than a single day and stretches out the temptations. I love bagels too, especially with lox and cream cheese. My book club party is next Sunday.

Safe drive home, Heidi. Shoveling snow is such good exercise - that's what they say anyhow. I'm glad you had this time with your mother.

Donna comes to clean this morning and Paul is supposed to drop in to put new casters on my diningroom table. That should help me "fill in my time" . Tonight I have the dubious pleasure of being at the Mill and Museum from 5 until maybe 9 for the Christmas Celebration visitors. I should be nice and warm though as I've perfected layer dressing after yesterday's stint with the Grade three classes. There were four classes (72 kids) and they were just delightful! They were fascinated by the Mill and Museum and asked intelligent questions. The corn sheller was a great hit and they all wanted to take home the cob as well as the corn they'd shelled.

Time for breakfast and a quick change into work clothes before I tackle my day. Enjoy your Saturday no matter what you do.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:58 AM   #10  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Quick drive by post.

I am feeling so much better! I think it was that cough syrup that allowed me to sleep last night. I am going to see my DD cheer for the first time today, and then she is having a friend spend the night, I need to get my house together and begin planning meals so I can get back OP. I am feeling like I have gained a bit back.

xoxo

Back with personals later.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:01 PM   #11  

Well, on the theory that I've been 6 pounds heavier all along, I've reset my start weight and my current weight, and will forge ahead with my new (and theoretically more accurate) scale.

My next Dr's appt is planned for January and I'll see about taking my scale in and weighing on both to see if there's a difference there.

Just back from lunch (shrimp and salad) and grocery shopping; now to lay around lazily for the rest of the day... Muahahahaha!
Old 12-04-2010, 02:08 PM   #12  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Morning everyone Just stopping by to say hi and let you know that I'm doing just fine. Already finished my walk so the rest of the day is mine, yes all mine! Will check back in later this afternoon/evening. Hope everyone is having a great "on plan" day.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:59 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I'm glad you enjoyed skiing Debbie! I'm hoping to get to the bank sometime next week!
Old 12-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 211/203/135

Height: 5ft6.5in. (give or take, LOL)

Talking

Natasha, I will pray for safe and happy travels for you. Have fun!

Beloved, I am so glad you feel better!

This weekend for me is going to be nice. Relaxing with my boy and my husband (when he gets home from work), playing pogo, doing dishes mainly...Ahhhh

Hope you ladies are having fun and doing well on the diet. Many blessings to you all!

Leslie

Last edited by mom4yehoshua; 12-04-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:22 PM   #15  

Dinner: Shrimp and tortilla strip soup. Oh, so yummy. Spicy, and warm, and filling. The bowls are my grandmother's wedding china, they don't even hold a cup, but I love them because they force me to think about it before having a second cup of soup (and a third and a ... oh, my!).
Closed Thread