Old 12-01-2010, 10:43 PM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Default Christian Encourager's DECEMBER Thread ...

Welcome Friends
--------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:51 PM   #2  
Rosebud

Thought it was time that we started a new thread; seems we missed November altogether ...

We have been doing stuff around here; eating OK with only the odd slip, but then I try to get right back at it the next day. We had lots of ***** then lots of so my Mary & Joseph got all wet -- now they are drying out in our hallway. Hope we can salvage them: DH wants to get some plywood to make a solid backing for them which would be much better really ...

Our new little electric stove arrived and it is really nice; I took some pics but it might take a while to post them but will try soon. It looks like a little wood stove and the flames are quite realistic and so calming. With my little Christmas tree on too, it is quite nice.

Hope all our friends here are having a great first week of December ... Rosebud
Old 12-01-2010, 11:06 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thanks for getting us up for Christmas month Rosebud!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Height: 5'4

Up here in Maine we're still waiting for the snow to arrive. Our family is doing well and will be visiting family out of state for Christmas. We have been blessed with the means to help another family provide Christmas gifts and dinner this holiday season, so sending up some praise for that! We'll be putting up our tree this weekend and decorating the house. Have a great day everyone!
winning the war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Thanks Rosebud for getting us started this wonderful month. I have been making cornbread and biscuits like crazy for stuffing ! My husband is on the board of directors for the local community house and they are giving a Christmas dinner for all the community. I am making 6 loaves of bread , 4 pies , cooked 2 old chickens yesterday for some good broth , got the livers and gizzards cooked and saved their broth, cooked 6 pans of cornbread, 4 pans of homemade biscuits, still have to cut the onions and celery up , boil 4 dozen eggs then peel tomorrow. Still have not got my pies done figured I could do them tonight. I am going to make two buttermilk , 1 chocolate and 1 coconut without its crust, makes its own. Then hubbie wants to make his cream pies Then we have 4 gallons of green beans to fix up. Forgot! Also got to cook one turkey! Every one on the board I think is cooking a turkey. Plus can't forget that cranberry sauce!

Last edited by Bootsie; 12-02-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #6  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Well, we're starting to get a little of the white stuff now-supposed to have 4-7 inches by Saturday, I guess

Gary- I loved your post on the 'Christmas' question. I agree there really are big differences among the reasons for Christmas, whether it's our faith, or just the 'let me play too' attitude. Unfortunately, those who are offended by the term Christmas and references to the real reason we celebrate it are the ones who know they're missing 'something' but don't want to accept what that Something is

Rosebud-we've wanted to have a nativity for a long time, but the way our house is situated, the wind howls down our street and around our house and we've had many things blow away (we're in the 12th windiest county in the nation, I guess, and have lots of wind turbines to prove it!), so we're afraid to put anything else out until we can figure the best way to keep it here

We're in a transition week-DH has started rotating shifts again, with last night being his first night (12 hours), so he's trying to sleep, but having problems, partly due to our town's stupid siren that goes off every day at noon, 1, and 6. We have started a petition to try to have it stopped except for emergencies, but we're finding that 1) people don't want change and 2) no one cares if it doesn't affect them. Everyone within 3 blocks of the siren wants it stopped, but the ones who live further away, including the mayor and all the city council, can actually hear their conversations, tv's, telephones, etc, when the siren's blowing, so they don't think it's a problem and don't want to listen to those of us who are having our hearing damaged-sad that no one has empathy anymore.

So, anyway, we're trying to figure out how to keep DH sleeping, so he doesn't have an accident on the way to or from work, but he's still not sure he even wants this job, so may just go back to his old one (union privilege-it's less money, but he only had to work days)--we'll see....

Well, gotta go get lunch! ttfn!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:35 PM   #7  
wishin' for sun!

Bootsie-you were posting while I was writing You're one busy woman! I'm sure everyone will enjoy your work!
Old 12-02-2010, 08:21 PM   #8  

Hi Ronnie! Don't fret about it. My Daddy used to have shifts like that also. He was a night watchman. My Mama would work during the day at a cafe and then come home and work biggest part of the night on the house, keeping it in order. She was the cleanest woman I have ever known. I took more after my Daddy , but I sure wish I was more like her, I just hate housekeeping and I should be thankful for it.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:08 AM   #9  

Good Morning everyone, Christians and Non Christians for it seems we have both here reading our threads is not it wonderful how God is using us to show his love to all? Welcome to all new comers who have posted and are just grazing through, I for one have really enjoyed reading your posting!

I met the most friendliest little boy at the store this morning telling me how his puppy died , his cat died and his Mama died, only 4 years old and he just seemed to appreciate life so much. He got these two fake eggs and he shook them and said what is in there, I said nothing they are fake eggs . He shook them again and said there is something in there I can hear it and he shook it next to my head . I said no I don't hear anything. He shook the egg again and said don't you hear that? I said no. He said I know why you can't hear it and I can. I said Why? He said I don't have hair over my ears, so I can hear better than you! Ha! Ha! I have long hair.
I asked him when his birthday was and he first told me today. I asked his Grandpa and he said NO it is not today. I said now when is your real Birthday? He said , When I turn 5! Good answer! Ha!
I took him out to see the calves and they never seen a person that small and the girl calf just looked at him , just could not take her eyes off of him,and he wanted to pet her but he was afraid too, but he loved seeing them. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend and please don't let life stress you out, hold on to good sense and have a wonderful weekend!
Old 12-04-2010, 04:17 PM   #10  

Rosebud I am going to join the Outlook ministry again this time for a whole year. I think it is going to be a lot of fun and the encouragement they have given to me already is awesome. That does not mean that I will not be posting here , can't get rid of me, your stuck with me!I hope your feeling better and your family is doing better. Well best go have a strawberry shortcake cake in the oven for my niece's birthday!
Old 12-04-2010, 05:07 PM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi Gals

Taking a few minutes to check in. Angie is decorating the inside of the house for Christmas, I did the outside lights a few days ago. I stay out of her way and she stays out of mine And it all comes together nicely

Tonight is my company's Christmas party, always a fun time.

My nephew came by last night and picked up some pots and pans. He moved into an apartment with another buddy, his first real place on his own. He had a girl coming over and he wanted to cook her dinner. I threatened him with his life to bring the Pampered Chef skillet back He did an hour ago, said all went well.

The weather got warmer the end of the week, sure was cold earlier. Angie and I did 4 miles with the mutts this morning and hit Starbucks before she went to bell choir practice at church.

Enjoy your week-end
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:28 PM   #12  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ nice to see all our friends, new & old stopping by this month ... our weather has cooled down a bit for us too; very chilly out there tonight esp with a cold wind that makes it feel colder too.

Well, we did buy some plywood and I remade our MARY & JOSEPH the other day -- it took me all day to draw them and color them in: finally finished the coloring about 12:30 AM. My arm & shoulder were really sore after all that, but they turned out so much nicer than before. I am going to take some new pics of them tomorrow as well.

We finished up our outdoor display today; I put up my last set of candy cane lights this afternoon. We had been up town doing a bit of shopping in the morning as it was lovely with full until late this afternoon.

Now I have to work on my Christmas cards and wrapping gifts to get them out in the mail before the last minute rush starts. So I'll be busy with that over the next few days too.

BOOTSIE ~ Boy, you sure got a lot of baking to do; how do you find the time with helping at the store too? I agree with RONNIE that those folks will sure enjoy all your hard work, but I hope you enjoy it too. That little boy sounded like a real darling. I don't blame you if you want to rejoin your favorite group since you liked it/them so much -- actually, I thought you already had (I guess I misunderstood about that). And yes, I hope you do still come by here as we would miss you too.

One of my nieces works in her mother's computer store and she is going to send me up some programs for my PC soon; and for a good price too. I hope to get my other PC up and working again if I can, but it will take me some time to accomplish that as it takes a lot of time to figure things like that out when you are new at it. So, in the meanwhile, I am using an older machine which takes much longer to post with, but I am still coming in a few times a week. I post when it is co-operating with me ...

RONNIE ~ So nice to hear from you again; glad that you are coming by to chat with us. Will pray for your DH about the sleeping issue; could you get him some ear plugs? I have a pair that fit in my ears and they are so helpful for me to sleep when DH or the neighbors make too much noise for me. Sometimes it's music, but sometimes, it's DH snoring. I use them when I'm posting on here too as I need quiet to concentrate or I start making mistakes from the noise around me.

WINNING ~ nice to have you join us here; do come back often -- we love lots of company over here.

HI GARY ~ I liked that post too; thought is was great (good answer to that thread). I didn't get to read all the posts in the thread but got the gist of it from the ones I did read. I actually feel sorry for people that would be offended by someone saying "MERRY CHRISTMAS" to them -- that one kinda surprised me, as did the fact that some people don't understand what Christians mean when they say that JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON! It is such an innocent statement ~ JESUS IS THE REAL REASON WE CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS: it's just a gentle reminder to us all -- it's not a commercial slogan for the retail sector ...

Christmas is such a happy, joyous celebration that I can't understand anyone letting themselves get so riled up about it; plus I hear that many people do share in it -- Christian or not; and I think that's just super!

I am cheating this year so I won't get too tired out for Chrismas Day -- I bought two meat pies today and some Scotch Shortbread (which is divine). I will be baking a real turkey and meal for our friends though. I am buying a lot of the snacks too.

Time to get this post off now; hope you all are having a wonderful weekend too -- take good care ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-04-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:13 PM   #13  

Good morning to all!
The day started out great. I made my niece a birthday cake yesterday, Strawberry Shortcake , she turns 14 today. She comes up to the store early in the morning to eat breakfast, one of the guys makes sausage wraps. Well we surprised her celebrated her birthday. This young man who I think the world of brought her some muffins and after we sung her Happy Birthday to her ,she stood in the door way red face almost in tears, and she came around had her make a wish and she blew out the candle, this young man handed her a muffin he made for her with a candle on it. Oh I wish I had my camera to take that picture! it was so awesome!
Then I came home was outside looking for my outlook books and the Siamese twins got out in the store room and I got one was bringing it back in a picture fell behind me and broke and that cat went berserk! Stuck a claw in my hand and it was like a knife cut, I really need stitches my flesh on my hand just lays back, but I put olive oil on it and it will be healed within a week as long as I put that on there, just need to wrap it up. That hurt! It was not the cats fault though the picture scared the tar-nation out of the poor thing.

I sure got a praise ,thank the dear Lord that kittens claws aren't no longer than they are ,or I would have a sliced off hand!!

Best go feed the animals and see if I can catch the other kitten and clean up the broken glass, glad the picture did not land on my head!

Oh Rosebud I had joined for 3 months a while back and lost weight, quit and regained! They have a special though going right now and I can afford the whole year! I am so glad for when you go there and (you know my real name )look at the support they have already given to me. Those ladies are awesome, like you. It is like being surrounded by Rosebuds. Go to

http://www.outlookministry.org/commu...cussion-board/
and click on:
Welcome to your online support group!

Last edited by Bootsie; 12-05-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:40 AM   #14  
wishin' for sun!

Bootsie-hope that hand heals up really quickly. Cats can really do damage when they get startled! Sounds like you all just made your niece's day-she'll always remember that birthday

Rosebud-DH brings home earplugs from work to wear to sleep. The main issue is the town's siren. They put up this new one a couple years ago and it's just wayyyyy tooooo loud for those of us within about 3-4 blocks of it, but they wanted the people at the golf club and the campground to be able to hear it. That's fine, but they should have just put up 2 normal sirens instead of one that will wake the dead Need to get out with my petition. Of course, those who asked me to do it aren't ever available to help go door-to-door, as they work, and, since I'm a stay home mom, I must have all the time in the world to go get signatures, right??? Might have it done by next summer, I guess....

Glad you were able to remake your nativity! I finally got our indoor decos up, but not doing the stuff outside, since we got some snow and ice and it's just too cold for me to be out now. Oh, well.....that just means I won't have to try to take it all down when we have 3 feet of snow in a month or so

Gary -hope you had a nice Christmas party!

Well, gotta get going here. DS3 has doc and chiropractor appts. so we get to go to town-might see if there's some Christmas deals too You all take care and have a great day!
Old 12-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #15  

Gary sounds like you had fun .

Ronni is there some way they could turn it down in just plain courtesy for those who have to work at night time? When you cannot sleep due to that, it effects everything he does his driving and how he preforms at his job. If the golf place and campgrounds wants to hear it maybe they should put one out there so they can hear it.
Rosebud I got my Christmas scene up today ,It is a round bale of hay with seven tractors, lit up on top ,a reef in the middle with a Santa claus in it and lights going around to make it look like a moving wheel, wish I could of talked Hubbie into loaning me another big bale and four squares and had a tractor with two moving wheels.
My hand is better but still swollen looks like a wasp stung me! Then this morning of all things was rearranging things and knocked the blender off on my foot! OUCH! It is Black and blue and I am hobbling around. It comes in 3's and I am so scared what is next!