Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-01-2010, 08:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/146.6/129

Height: 5'5

Default lost 10lbs this summer! and already gained 7.5back!

welp it's official... i've gained over half the weight i lost this summer back in about 3 months. I don't know what it is about living in a college town and being in school but i can't seem to balance the eating out/drinking during the weekends with exercising and eating right during the day - the gym seems to be sacrificed when I get busy and drinking during the weekends seems almost more necessary. i want to complain about how busy i am in law school and how i have NO TIME but i don't want to use that as an excuse - i need to make time to be healthy and happy. i want to blame my boyfriend who loves to go out and eat and drink beer for tempting me and leading me to drink more but i really need to just use self-control and not be tempted by him. it's really devastating to think about how happy I was on 9/15 when all my hard work paid off and I hit the 10lb loss mark at 140.6, and was halfway to my goal... and how by 12/1 I'm back up almost to where I started, 7.5lbs heavier (3lbs from Thanksgiving weekend alone!) at 147.4. I always told myself once I went down I'd never let myself get back up.

Well enough self-pity ranting. It feels good to vent... and it's time to start getting motivated... AGAIN! I hope this helps anyone who's reached a milestone on their own weight-loss goals - don't slack! Don't let all your hard work be gained back by any excuses. I was scared of the scale and let my busy schedule get in the way of calorie counting and the gym... and now I'm back where I started

Last edited by lisa130; 12-01-2010 at 08:49 AM.
lisa130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:04 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

So many of us have been in your shoes so many times.

Quote:
and it's time to start getting motivated..
So to avoid making the same mistake over and over again, I'd much prefer you get committed instead of motivated. Motivation is great, but it's not lasting. It's never around with the beer and pizza are - but that commitment - much more lasting.

When you commit to doing this no matter what, no matter what, no matter what, that's when you'll be able to say no to the drinking and all that other stuff. That's when you'll say yes to weighing daily, counting calories, exercise and all the good stuff.

Decide to do this, once and for all, no matter what and permanently. Decide to do this, commit to doing this and then go out there and get it done. No stopping. Just continuing. If a slip up should occur, you pick yourself right back up..right.back.up... no waiting for tomorrow or Monday.. but immediately (if not sooner).. Make any slip up that should occur a solo, singular event. All is not shot, all is not lost. Right back to it.

You CAN do this. You've got the ability to do it. And like you said it makes you happy. This is nothing to fear and loathe. Get back in the game.

I look forward to hearing of your progress.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 345/ticker/170

Height: 5'8

Wow! Couldn't have said it better myself.

There will always be things in life that can throw us off if we allow them to .. you should check out the "leave your excuses here" thread. It's great, and so true

Robin is right in saying it's about the committment, and until you have that, your motivation can come and go.

You can do this!
ruby2sday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:33 AM   #4  
Maintainer since 12-22-10

S/C/G: 198/190/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
So many of us have been in your shoes so many times.

When you commit to doing this no matter what, no matter what, no matter what, that's when you'll be able to say no to the drinking and all that other stuff. That's when you'll say yes to weighing daily, counting calories, exercise and all the good stuff.
So so true.....as I stepped in at work this morning, guess what greeted me in the lunch room....4 sweet, delectable muffins. I took 2 glances at them and headed straight to the water cooler to fill up my water bottle and stepped out. That is committment - commitment to my weight loss, commitment to my health, commitment to feeling good about my body.
Slim CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 154/146.6/129

Height: 5'5

thank you ladies... what a straightforward way to lay it out. here's to being COMMITTED!
lisa130 is offline   Reply With Quote