General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-30-2010, 04:28 PM   #1  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Default What Do You Do In The Evenings To Keep You From Grazing?

I used to be a drinker......and since I am not one any longer I struggle at night with what to do with myself? I have no kids at home, its just me and hubby and 3 dogs. Dogs have been walked. Dinner is made. Housework is done. What do I do with myself to keep me from grazing until I go to bed? I don't really have any indoor hobbies (it's COLD here in South Dakota). I was just wondering what everyone else does to keep themselves occupied between dinner and bed. TV sucks......so what to do?
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:55 PM   #2  
emaline29

S/C/G: 226/202/154

Height: 4'11"

You are soo right about the TV,He, what few things there are I usually record and watch during the night when I can't sleep, which is quite often.
But to answer your question, I find coming on here and browsing thro' various peoples posts and profiles to see where people live I find fascinating. Also I am on at least 8 other forums, Diabetic, Spinabifida, Music nad just general chat forums. Gardening ones are interesting too. Then there's always Youtube which has some lovely music to choose from or some funnies as well.
Sometimes I am so engrossed the time goes by in a flash!!
And by-the-way, if you are any good at games there's plenty of that. My friend is a wiz and has won lots of things.
emaline29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Make out with the husband. Bundle up and walk the dogs. Bundle up and walk with the husband leaving the dogs at home. Read. Take up some indoor hobbies. Play Scattergories or Scrabble or other games. Write. Knit. Sew.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:04 PM   #4  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Get a treadmill, rent an exercise video for some indoor exercise? Works for me!

Also, since I eat dinner pretty early (5pm), I get the munchies around 7-9pm, so generally, I'll snack on various low cal foods which include:

1. raw cucumbers (peeled)
2. serving of fresh fruit
3. a 12 oz can of diet cherry pepsi (once in a blue moon)
4. hot tea w/lots of fresh lemon and splenda
5. **IF I'M FEROCIOUSLY HUNGRY AND NEED SOMETHING MORE - I'LL HEAT UP A 3 OZ PIECE OF GRILLED CHICKEN AND EAT THAT*** THE HIGH PROTEIN/LOW FAT USUALLY CALMS ANY SERIOUS LATE NIGHT HUNGER!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 11-30-2010 at 05:04 PM.
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:40 PM   #5  
Releasing the inner hiker

I've been doing a little dog training in the evenings. Would you be interested in teaching your pups a few tricks?

There are a few websites that I enjoy for their ability to pass some time. One is called Sporcle, which describes itself as "mentally stimulating games" (think fun/bizarre trivia). Another is called luminosity, which is a series of games designed to help strengthen your brain (performance, memory, attention, etc). Luminosity does want you to sign up (free) and will try to get you to purchase a subscription, but they do have free brain games and will keep track of how much you improve over time (for free). Also, there is Mental Floss, which is a magazine with interesting articles about things one never thinks about.

Finally, I've become slightly addicted to my Kindle and reading the free books (which change regularly).
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/114

Height: 5'5

-Video games
-Drawing/painting
-Knitting/sewing
-Keep the dog on my lap while watching TV so I can't get up and wander into the kitchen
-Exercise bike - My mum bought it for herself for her 50th and I've been using it more than her lol
Flamethrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/290/147

Height: 5'7"

When I have something crafty going, I can't wait to get back to it at night when things are quiet. I get a grown up download from Netflix (and by this I mean I catch up on Lost or more recently, start a new-to-me show like The Wire) and stitch or punch needle away.

When I found www.sublimestitching.com I embroidered pretty much every piece of fabric that didn't run away from me. I am covered for pillow cases and tea towels for a WHILE. I also made lots of bibs and tee shirts for my daughter.

I also did these guys for my niece's nursery http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CCgQ8wIwBA#

I like those kinds of projects because they're easy to do while watching tv and they finish up quickly. There are a lot of fussy embroidery patterns or country punch needle and that's not really for me but there are lots of new, more modern things as well. It's easy to make your own patterns if you're the least bit creative.
NiteNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

I love to read, especially in the winter!
drake3272004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:26 PM   #9  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5'6"

Tonight I watched the Biggest Loser while walking on the Bowflex for 30 minutes and then recumbent bike for another 30. Last night we bowled on the Wii. I try to stay active in the evening and it seems to cut down on my cravings.
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:47 PM   #10  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Go to bed.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #11  
Sea

S/C/G: 213/161.2/115

Height: 5'3"

Quilt !
Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #12  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I also like to do crossword puzzles, I chew gum (not a hobby, but it can help with muchies), drink hot herbal tea, talk on the phone with a friend, etc. I'm thinking of trying scrapbooking. You could try to do one about your dogs, for instance or a trip. I'd also like to try painting, but that's a some day kind of a thing. Oh and I do like some t.v. but I can see how some people don't.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote