South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 05:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Tweaked Tuesday Chat

Morning, ladies!!! Just got back from my morning gym trip and now I'm catching up on ****'s Kitchen from this week. Plans for today are to get some more sleep, go to the gym, go to DanceFit class (if I don't get called in, which I'm almost positive I will be), start on the pillows I'm making for Christmas, getting out the Christmas tree and letting it "fluff" until this weekend when I can decorate it, and hit the gym again.

So what are your plans for Tuesday??? Grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and tell us about your day.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:41 AM   #2  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Morning Natasha I love decorating I have my tree up since the day after Thanksgiving, I guess waiting for it to fluff is a good idea.

I am frustrated about my DH not having health insurance. He says he can't afford it, but I think he can't afford NOT to have it. He is now having some troubling symptoms and I am so worried, this could completely break us

On a lighter note, I cancelled my appointment today with the orthopedist, I have stopped my physical therapy, and since I've gotten the bill, I don't think I will be going back.

I have not been doing very well making food choices, today I will be better, I decided to combine SBD with Sparkpeople to count my calories.

Good morning everyone
Old 11-30-2010, 06:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Beloved - Without asking any personal questions about your finances, have you looked into filing for indigent care??? It's possible that if your husband DOES have to be treated at the hospital that he can have it written off as indigent care. It's worth a try...the worst they can say is no, right???
Old 11-30-2010, 06:13 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good morning Natasha and Beloved!
I ordered the wreathes for my doors yesterday and I'll pick them up tomorrow but other than that I wait to decorate until the middle of December. I'm not sure if I'm a grinch or if I just don't like the clutter.

I'm feeling terrific this morning! First time in a while, if you want the truth. I exercised and then went to bed quite early last night, and slept like a rock until the alarm went off this morning. Overall I sleep very well, but I think this might have been the first night I didn't wake up since we got the call about my nephew earlier this month.

Freezing rain at my house this morning, and I'm a big baby about driving on slippery roads. The good news is it's probably just rain in town, so hopefully I'll only have a few miles of slippery road to worry about. I'm hooping with my friend Joy after school today, we skipped last week because of the holiday so I'm really looking forward to getting together with her today.

Enjoy your Tuesday friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 11-30-2010 at 06:14 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Girls!

We're getting some serious rain today, but thankfully it will stay above freezing so I won't have to be concerned about driving on slippery roads. I'm a big baby about driving on icy roads, too, Heidi. Drive slowly and I hope your roads aren't too bad.

Beloved ~ I hope your DH's symptoms just disappear! Have a great OP day!

Natasha ~ I like your wording, letting your tree "fluff." We put ours up the day after Thanksgiving, too, but it took me all weekend to decorate it, and I'll still be fussing with it until it comes down again.

I don't have anything special planned today, just the usual Tuesday happenings. The girls have gymnastics after school, and when we get home, we may pull down the Christmas stuff from the attic if there's time after supper. I'll wait til C & R get back for the tree, though, so they can decorate it as a family thing.

I got my Wii Zumba Fitness game in the mail on Saturday, but haven't had time to open it yet. I guess I should pop it in and check it out. I really need to get back on the exercise wagon again.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:44 AM   #6  
Mini-goal: 260

S/C/G: 325/ticker/154

Good morning everyone!

Just finished week 2, day 2 of P90X. Plymometrics (jumping, squating, lunging) is awful, and I have to modify the dickens out of it, but by golly, I did it!

Natasha: We have had an artificial tree in the storage room for years but have never gotten it out. This year we'd planned to have family come for the holidays, and figured we'd give it a shot, but they cancelled, so it looks like our tree will wait for another year. Making pillows sounds fun! Pictures when you're done?

Beloved: Insurance is a bear. We have to pay for ours here (my employer doesn't provide insurance, and my husband is a househusband). It runs us $550/month, and that's for the High Deductible plan. Yeesh! We don't get anything done unless is super important. If the worst happens, do see what you can do to reduce the bill with the care providers, etc. My first daughter's birth was set to run us $35,000, but after careful review of the bill, and negotiations with the providers, we got that reduced by more than 1/2.

Heidi:
Yay for feeling terrific!

Cottage: You absolutely MUST report back on the Zumba. I love my dancing games, but Zumba seems strange and scary to me. Hehe.

And I finally figured out how to make doing personals easier: Two windows, refresh before posting, and >boom< there you go!

May all our days be filled with good choices, and if not good choices, at least forgiveness for our trespasses and a fresh start tomorrow!
Old 11-30-2010, 06:53 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm a little slow again this morning. Wow, just looked out the window and there's an incredible sunrise happening.

Natasha - Good luck with your plan. Hope they decide not to call you in!

Beloved - We went without insurance when DD was young and her dad was in college. Wouldn't want to do that again. Do you have exercises from PT that you can keep up with at home?

Heidi - I'm with you on the freezing rain. I can manage snow but I hate, hate, hate ice.
Sleep is a very good thing.

Cottage - Let us know how you like the new game. I've been looking at that one. I'm thrilled because DW bought me EA Active 2 for Christmas. It's pretty expensive because it has new movement sensors and measures heart rate too. I love the original and hope I love the new version even more.

Annie - I'm inspired by your P90X success.

Pretty normal mellow day around here. Off to the near north for meetings and visits and maybe a quick stop at BJs. They don't have much we eat but I like getting Babybels there. I'll use the free membership thing until it expires but never bother paying.

DD sent us a menu for a local Cambodian restaurant. It's the dinner plan for Saturday. Anyone have any tips or avoids? I don't think I've been to one before. It certainly looks good with lots of vegetarian options.

The coffee is running out so it must be time to get moving. Have a good day Chicks
Old 11-30-2010, 06:53 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hanging in and trying to Christmas up!
Old 11-30-2010, 06:57 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth
Old 11-30-2010, 07:08 AM   #10  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Good morning Ruth, Cyndi, Cottage and annie

Ruth, good to be hanging in there, it's hard to have tough things happening right around the holidays.

Cyndi, have a nice day!

annie, good idea for personals, I may try it!

Cottage, break out the Zumba!! Let us know how it is

Heidi, I am going to ask a friend to make me a wreath, she does beautiful work (but I think they are quite expensive) I'm a baby about driving in slippery conditions too, be careful!

I started taking my temps with a basal body thermometer this morning, we will see. I used to do it religiously. I like knowing my body and this is a good way to do just that!

I guess I should get off, my coffee is getting cold
Old 11-30-2010, 07:23 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/218/160

Height: 5'10''

Good morning! This is day 2 for me and I'm feeling great so far! Had a really difficult kettlebell session last night - I could definitely tell I need to eat more as I was pretty weak! Will work on that today!

We unfortunately have ice coated roads this morning with some dusting snow so I have to run - my commute is 25 min. on a good day! Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-30-2010, 08:18 AM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Natasha - That fluff notion made me smile. We probably won't put our tree up until my son gets back home from college.

Beloved - I hear ya! My family has individual coverage and it is very, very expensive for very little coverage. The bad part about the system is people like me and your husband who might avoid getting care because of no coverage or, in my case, not wanting something to show up on my records when I try to get NEW coverage. Sigh.

Heidi - I'm glad I'm not the only one who dislikes clutter! Even with seasonal decorations. Safe drive!

Linda - My exercise has been slipping too. Sigh. Wii Zumba sounds like fun.

Annie - Love the colors! I use two windows and refresh too.

Cyndi - I've never had Cambodian food. Sounds interesting. I wish my Costco carried the light Babybels; they are expensive.

Ruth - Cute avatar.

Kara - I found it helped with energy for exercise to eat my beans in PH1. I'd love to try kettlebells.

Soooo.... some of you may remember my teen is on the school broadcast show team. Yesterday he texts me to ask if some girls can come film me making latkes for a segment they are doing on holidays. I soooo do not want to be on camera! For so many reasons. But I am a good mom and so this afternoon I will be frying potato pancakes with an audience. Now... what to wear?
Old 11-30-2010, 09:22 AM   #13  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Natasha - I got a chuckle about your tree fluffing, I can just imagine it giving itself a little shake from time to time.

Beloved K - Sparks people, I will have to check that out.

Heidi - glad that you got a good nights sleep.

Cottage - hope your day stays ordinary.

Annie - sounds like you are getting a good workout.

Cyndi - I like Babybels too, and sometimes I crumble one into my soup and it become stringy and chewy.

Ruth - Eleanor Roosevelt said - A woman is like a bag of tea, you don't know how strong she is until she gets into hot water. So hang on there.

Karen - good mother.

me - exchange my slip ons yesterday with no problem. Its a rainy day here so today, housecleaning and maybe some knitting and of course meal preparation. Also, I have a goal to work towards, the church I use to go to as a teenage and where DH and I got married is celebrating its 100 Anniversary in October. Hopefully we will go and there will be old acquaintances I haven't seen in 43 years. So how is that for an incentive.
take care
Sophie

Last edited by sophie; 11-30-2010 at 09:26 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:59 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

It's a late morning here and I'm just starting on coffee. The pups and I went out and it's cold and windy. I may walk outside this morning, anyway.

Leslie(mom4yehoshua) Hereome links to threads which have info about coffee creamers.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sout...ml#post2065359
For me, the liquid creamers weren't causing cravings but I finally got off them because of the trans fat. SBD is a process, and for me it took awhile to switch over from the trans fat creamers.

Natasha, I hope you don't get called into work. What kind of pillows are you making?

BelovedK, I have the high risk insurance which is $450/month and I'd love to find something better, but felt I couldn't be without anything after my sis was diagnosed w/breast cancer at age 48. Good decision combining SBD with Sparkpeople.

Heidi, Yay for sleep and getting to meet up with Joy. Are you still hula hooping?

Linda, looking forward to the Zumba report.

Annie, you are doing just great with the P90X! Finding a way to modify it is such a successful technique.

Cyndi, Cambodian food sounds great, and probably very vegetarian friendly. Because there are a lot of Buddhists in that area of the world, they usually take care with food. Asking is the best, because they also use a lot of fish sauce in recipes.

Ruth, One day at a time, dear.

Kara, I think the kettlebells are so interesting. Take care on the roads.

Karen, you are a great mom making potato pancakes for the camera.

sophie, how fun, about your old church having a big anniversary. 43 years-Wow! Today is my 18th anniv.. We got married in a beautiful historic little church in Hawaii.

Midpost, DH came in and we went to the basement to survey the boxes of lights and decorations. I think we've decided not to put up the tree(artificial) this year because of Rudi. He needs space and stumbles around. Decided we wouldn't want it falling on him. On the other hand, it will be fun to try out some of the stuff we never put up. The only issue is that our 120 yr old victorian house is short on outlets. We'll see!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-30-2010, 10:47 AM   #15  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning Ladies, the coffee is fabulous if I do say so myself! The store was out of original almond milk so I bought the vanilla and MMMmmm... 15 extra calories a cup of coffee(yes I use a big cup and put about a half cup almond milk in it ) But so long as I count them I am not sweating it!

Christmas tunes are on this morning and its going to be a fun productive Me day!

Natasha- Does the tree actually do much on its own? I wonder but then again we didn't really do much to ours this year except poke around for Christmas lights that were out and it seemed to do the trick! LOL

Beloved- My dh is the same way... I told him I wouldn't marry him without it! LOL, too much financial strain if anything ever happened. We have had it together a couple years now but this re-enrollment he decided he would do an hsa plan through his work and I got traditional insurance through my work... He *knock on wood* never goes to the dr and I go occasionally but this way if anything ever happens to him we wouldn't be put out more than a few thousand(and he only has to pay like 60 a month and his employer gives him a hundred so its almost free On another note- I use a calorie counter too- I was using spark people but the app on my phone wasn't as user friendly as fitness pal- but they are both fantastic ways of measuring how I am doing each day! I know many chickies on here have had great success CC+SBD here is a little for us both today!

Heidi- Yeay for feeling great!

Cottage- I want a review of the Wii Zumba! Our wii is plugged into the tv but the Wii fit is tucked away upstairs! Maybe a good excuse like a new game would get it down?!

Annie- Congrats on your two weeks! fantastic!

Cyndi-Cambodian restaurant sounds so interesting! I really do enjoy all of the mom and pop type restaurants(or at least not chain restuarants!) that you guys have up north... all we have is chain restaurants down here- I do suppose its a bit easier to find nutrition info on ours though! lol, not worth the trade!!!

Ruth-

Kara- I may not notice during the day but when I get ready to exercise and think just how much water I have drank for the day, for me, makes a bigger difference it seems than food. Just something to think about

Karen-?, nah! You will be fine! Put on something festive! Such a good mom!

Sophie- your day sounds like mine! Nice to enjoy a lazy rainy day once in a while!

Debbie- I have felt small on space here in my house and thought about getting one of those super slim trees- thats what we had in our old apartment and it was nice to have it... I guess it was about 4-5 ft and only about 1.5ft in diameter... Still pretty to look at! DH didn't want one but I wouldn't let him talk me out of it! lol

As for me ladies- a day for me. I plan to hit up the party store with another printed 50% off coupon for yet another santa suit! lol The santa rampage is going to be awesome! It will be the first one I have ever done and I have about 6-8 people talked into doing it with us! A light bit of laundry and cleaning and I think I may paint my nails, read my book, just enjoy the day before heading back to work tomorrow! The 6 days off has been fantastic but I am beginning to realize I need the money!!! Maybe a little advanced cooking and the grocery too(Ill act like those are "me" things)

And yep, guess I am feeling Smiley today!

Last edited by rdw1; 11-30-2010 at 10:49 AM.
Closed Thread