South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 12:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default McSteamy Monday!

Let's get this week off to a great start! I'm back on track after two weeks off the beach and it feels good to be back on plan. I doubt that I'll stray from this path again because it doesn't benefit my body! I'm going back to school for my Lead Teacher certificate in 2011! In 2012, I'm going back to get my PHD in Political Science. I have a Bachelor's in Political Science already.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm w/ you, Okie...I've been mostly on plan this past week but I've been eating way too many sweets (on-plan, but still) and have had a few off-plan things in addition to Thanksgiving dinner. So this week I'm dedicating myself to getting back on track. I will even limit myself to 2 beers when I go out w/ my friend in Florida...let's hope I can stick to it b/c me and her used to go to the bar at a "drink all you can until midnight for $10" and we'd get there at 11:30 and down a couple of pitchers before it was too late.

I've got today and tomorrow off and then work 2 days and then I'm off for a week. I can't wait!!! The back of my legs are super sore still from all the walking we did yesterday, but I sure don't feel guilty about missing the gym workouts at night those 3 days this week. I made up for it, LOL

So how are your plans shaping up for Monday??? Mine are to sleep, sleep, and sleep some more. LOL

Last edited by Natasha1534; 11-29-2010 at 01:53 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:58 AM   #3  

Have a great Monday Natasha. My Monday plans are to enjoy MNf (Monday night Football), eat healthy, and to sleep!
Old 11-29-2010, 02:06 AM   #4  

Thanks, Okie, you too!!! Myself, I don't watch professional football but I love College and High School football. My bestfriend was shocked to find out that I know very little about the technical stuff...I just like to watch it and know enough to know when to cheer and when to boo, LMFAO My mom tried to explain to me what a running back was one day and I told her "but they're ALL running"...once she explained it I wanted to know if the running back does all the hard work why the heck does the quarter back get all the glory??? LMFAO
Old 11-29-2010, 02:41 AM   #5  

Lol, I can't believe u don't know the technical stuff, it's real easy to pick up on! Super Bowl is gonna be bananas!
Old 11-29-2010, 03:59 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodObsessed View Post
Lol, I can't believe u don't know the technical stuff, it's real easy to pick up on! Super Bowl is gonna be bananas!
I don't...not at all. I mean, I know the obvious stuff like fumbles and some of the penalties...but as far as who does what (besides that the running back does the running and the quarterback tells everybody what to do) I have no clue. I *do* know, however, that the quarterback usually has the cutest a$$ on the team. LMFAO
Old 11-29-2010, 05:54 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Okay, I couldn't believe there were already 5 posts when I logged on a little after 4. I hope you two are sound asleep and dreaming happy football dreams You two got me thinking about another thread I need to start for myself (no, it's not about sleep though I am in insomnia **** again).

Okie- Are you planning the child care course in CA? I don't know anything about their regs but I know every state is different (now NY, NH & VT I could tell you about ) Have you looked into a CDA? It's recognized in every state and lots of countries. I can find you some online info if you want to know more. I've worked in early childhood ed for more than 25 years and am happy to share what I know.

Natasha - I'm all about college basketball and would never spend time on pro sports so I know what you mean.

Lucky for me today is almost entirely WFH. I will probably run into town to make copies at Staples and visit a couple of my local providers but most of the focus will be phones. I am putting together a training calendar for 2011 (how did I end up doing my old job again?!) and we are moving a survey into the field with the usual crazy short turn around. Given the size of my turf it's just easier to get that all going from my home phone then hit the road the rest of the week.

It looks like a few warmer days around here but I'm definitely getting snows on the cars in the first half of the week. Life is going to be crazy right into Christmas so I just need to get this done while I can. Friday I'm in Burlington for a meeting and dinner so home late. Sat. & Sun we are off to Boston to see DD and her BF. Next week is a normal work week but Saturday is also work. Then Sunday I'm off to work in NM for a week. DW will join me midweek and we will spend an extra weekend birding. Home the 20th and off to my parents the 23rd. I'm already looking forward to that week between the holidays! I'm wearing myself out thinking about it. I think I'll just focus on today

How is your Monday shaping up?
Old 11-29-2010, 06:16 AM   #8  

Morning, Cyndi. I'm not quite in bed yet, but I'm heading there shortly. And today is going to be my day to SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP...I'm excited, LOL!!! I think, for me, the turnoff for professional sports is their salary. I've never been a BIG fan but I lost a lot of respect after the strike years ago where they were demanding bigger salaries. I'm sorry, but no guy that just happens to be good at catching a ball and running deserves to make 10 times more money than a guy that can crack open my chest and shock my heart in order to make it beat again!!! Sounds like you have a nice vacation planned...I know you're ready!!!

Time to let my dog back in and head to bed. Hopefully she'll come snuggle w/ me.

***ETA*** Oh, Cyndi, I meant to ask you a question. I've got some pictures from yesterday that I'd like to post but I didn't know if it was something I could post here or if I needed to do it in General Discussion. Thoughts???

Last edited by Natasha1534; 11-29-2010 at 06:21 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

You chickies had me confused, I thought this thread was yesterday's. I hope both Okie and Natasha are sound asleep by now and dreaming happy dreams, football or not. I'm not a football fan and don't understand any of the game rules. It drives me nuts when I'm waiting for a TV show to come on and see that the game is in overtime. Especially when you see that there's 1 minute left on the clock, and that minute stretches into 10. And why do they call so many time-outs? It drives me nuts!

Cyndi, your next few weeks do sound pretty busy! I'm glad you enjoy your work, though.

I'll be sleeping in my own bed tonight, but will be spending the rest of the week at the farm with the girls while Cindy & Richard are in England. I don't mind it at all, though, and while the girls are in school during the day, I can even run home to check on things. I'll take them to their grandparent's after school on Friday for the weekend, and the girls will stay with them until Sunday afternoon, when I have to pick them up again.
I'm really looking forward to this Saturday, when I'll be meeting my two dear friends, Leenie & Jiffypop, for a day of shopping in New York City! That should be a lot of fun!
Old 11-29-2010, 06:32 AM   #10  
Be happy.

Good morning Okie and Natasha! I catch my football scores on the evening news reports. I'm always interested in knowing how things came out, but don't care much about watching a whole game.

Wow Cyndi, your post made me sit up and notice how close Christmas actually is! I've been so busy enjoying my Thanksgiving company that Christmas still seemed far off to me. lol

Jake will be a bachelor this week then Linda? I hope you have a great week!

Our house is strangely quiet this morning. I like my peaceful early mornings but I'm always a little sad right after the kids go home. I wonder if I'll ever get used to them being all grown up?

I've still got Autumn/Thanksgiving decorations and book displays up in my classroom so I need to get there early this morning and switch those. I think I have bus duty this week, too. I need to double check my plan book.

Enjoy your Monday friends!
Old 11-29-2010, 06:45 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Natasha - personally I'd like to see a couple of pictures. Lots of us share pics now and then. How many pics are you thinking about?

Cottage - I'm so jealous of yet another get together. I have yet to meet anyone from here. Enjoy your week with the girls.

Heidi - I know, every time I look at the calendar I start to twitch. Luckily our holidays will be very mellow this year so not much planning to do.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:55 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Steamy? Sure isn't steamy around here as we are just at freezing. At least it's going to be sunny!

I'm not very chatty this morning. Aside from Wade's suicide, I got a phone call yesterday that my friend Linda in BC died Saturday night. I am very much in shock as we had lunch together when I was out there. LindaBC used to post here in South Beach - some of you may remember her.

This will be a difficult week but I'll try to pop in.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:56 AM   #13  
Mini-goal: 260

S/C/G: 325/ticker/154

Another day of P90X behind me. Week 2 has begun: Bring it!

I've got a delicious beef and veggie stir fry ready for lunch today, headed off to work in just a moment. My husband has a few new things planned for dinners this week (though he won't give me any details, insisting that I'll be surprised instead).

I return to my trainer on Thursday evenings again this week. That should work out well since Thursdays are Yoga days (assuming my new video has arrived by then). I work out with a friend who needs the company.

May your day be energetically fulfilling.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:59 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
Natasha - personally I'd like to see a couple of pictures. Lots of us share pics now and then. How many pics are you thinking about?

Cottage - I'm so jealous of yet another get together. I have yet to meet anyone from here. Enjoy your week with the girls.

Heidi - I know, every time I look at the calendar I start to twitch. Luckily our holidays will be very mellow this year so not much planning to do.
I posted 23 on my other forum earlier. I could easily shrink that down to maybe a dozen just to get the shots I really would like to share in there. I took 383 photos, by the way...LMFAO I set it on "sports" which is a continuous shooting setting.

Last edited by Natasha1534; 11-29-2010 at 07:00 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:14 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth ~ Words can't express the sorrow I'm feeling for you right now, and I wish I could be there to help comfort you.
Closed Thread