Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-28-2010, 02:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

Unhappy Weekend = Being bad

During the week i am mega good and i am rocking this diet I am sticking to my plan but come friday night it all goes out of the window
I have a very active social live and friday either ends up in the pub or chilling out at home with my husband having a take away. Saturday is not much better if i am not shoping i am doing nothing but chilling on the sofa and sundays are normally a PJ day more slobbing around and i do eat more at the weekend not junk just more plus the lack of moving must add on the lb's
I work hard all week and i am active in my job and walk alot more now its just the weekend it all goes to bad.
I have no motovation at the weekends at all I have no friends where i live and dont feel the need to do anything, husband does all the house work as he is the stay at home dad so really have nothing to do at the WE but play with the kids.
In the summer it was ok we played in the garden and run around all the time but now its cold and horrible i just dont want to do anything.
I am losing weight but i feel if the weekend wasnt so bad for me i would lose alot more

I know I have to do something and its only me that can change this but i am finding the weekends so hard
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 181/*ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

I definitely know where you're coming from. I find weekends hard mainly because I'm not in class and I have more time to myself AKA more time to be bored and eat eat eat. I find that I stick to my diet plan better when I'm more distracted.
coffeebean267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:01 PM   #3  
Maintainer since 12/21/10

S/C/G: 260/144/145

Height: 5'5"

I think part of this could be boredom eating, and part of it could be habitual eating.

For the habitual eating (such as munching while watching TV), you may just need to make a point to try to break the habit. Two of my worst sources of habitual eating used to be while watching TV and on car trips--I just had to decide to stop.

Boredom eating is a more difficult issue, for me, anyway. While I'm better now at fighting the munchies when not hungry, the mild hunger pangs are definitely more problematic when I'm at home not doing much (I can usually ignore them when I'm busy at work). One thing that helps me is Crystal Light On-The-Go. It's tasty and reasonably filling, and only 10 calories per tube.
Oboegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:11 PM   #4  
Diet and Exercise!

S/C/G: 185/165/135

Height: 5'3"

I fight the weekend boredom and sloth on the couch as well. One thing that has been working for me is assigning meal times for myself. As in, I can only eat what I've planned at these four prescribed time slots, and that's that!
fatmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/173/145

Height: 5'5.5"

That used to happen to me... and what I did was to ask my dietitian to change my appointment to weight in and such to the mondays. Since that change I´m such a good girl on weekends
ielena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 05:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

Can you find a middle ground between following you weekend plan and letting it all go to ****? I don't know what your normal plan is, but a lot of people allot themselves an extra 200-300 calories/day for the weekend. You can even decrease your weekday calories by 100/day and "buy" 500 calories to spend on the weekends.

It's better to eat a little more in a controlled, planned fashion than to spend each weekend feeling like an out of control failure.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote