View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 01:31 PM   #43
ladyvrod

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellie83 View Post
I have contacted a nearby clinic that provides IP, but can't attend an introductory meeting till January. Apparently, they don't want people thinking about this program to start during the holidays because of all the temptation. I can see the reasoning. In the meantime, I want to learn some more info about IP from people who have experienced the program. What is the success rate of keeping the weight off? I did HCG (2 rounds) but ended up gaining the weight back. Granted I did go back to eating horribly (not right away), but it seemed like the weight started coming back as soon as I brought the carbs back in (including good carbs such as whole grain pasta, etc.). HCG also made me lose a lot of muscle mass, so I am happy that IP is supposed to maintain your muscle. One really bad side effect that happened with HCG is that I was having severe leg cramps even when I was asleep. My doctor figured it was from a lack of potassium. Are there any bad side effects experienced while doing IP? Last question is regarding something that I was told when I called the clinic...they stated that prior to phase 1 they have you do an elimination phase for about a week. Does anyone have any information regarding the elimiation phase? I want to make sure that I sufficiently research before putting a lot of money towards another weight loss system.
I am fairly new to IP, 7 weeks, so not the most experienced. Read all the threads here including the daily ones.
My clinic said nothing about an elimination cleanse butyou will find the there are several differences from clinic to clinic.
With IP there are supplements, potassium, magnesium, calcium + a multi vitamin and others as well.
Long term success seems above average compared to other diets. I for one and sure that I can maintain once in phase 4.
Side effects seem to be minimal. One side effect that I like is ................ no longer needing an alarm clock! I have my early 20's energy back! There have been some that experience hair loss, but it is not long term.
If you want to test out IP before January then read the alternative thread and perhaps try doing a psuedo IP plan until January.
I suggest copying and posting your questions to the weekend thread.

1 belly dancer for each 5 lbs gone!!
ladyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote