General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 11-26-2010, 06:42 PM   #1  
Determnd2BFine

S/C/G: 265/265/180

Height: 5"10

Default salads lean meats and carbohydrate cut

I'm thinking about fallowing my own. Kinda plan where I eat healthy salads, grilled chicken, and cutting out all the bad carbs and sugars. I was wondering if anyone else has done somthing along this line and what your results have been? I could really use anyones input! Thanks
austinswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:56 PM   #2  

Default Salads & lean meats,etc.

Hey there,

This sounds exactly like what I have been doing for almost a month now. Then I started doing some reading and found out it is similar to the South Beach plan but without the 3 different phases. I have lost about 2lbs per week so far and this is with quite a few "cheats". I am trying to avoid all white foods and eating lots of turkey and chicken and salads. This approach is good for me since I don't have the patience to count calories or weigh food. I am trying real hard to go with the -"It's NOT a diet it's a lifestyle" thing.
georthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:05 PM   #3  
Determnd2BFine

S/C/G: 265/265/180

Height: 5"10

Thanks for your response I've never honestly went on a diet for more than a few months. This just sounds easiest for me I'm a simplicity sort of person and when I hear what works for people and gets reults (I'm so impatient) it really really helps! And btw 21 a week? That's amazing my goal is to lose 20lbs a month!
austinswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:12 PM   #4  
I'M WORKING ON IT

S/C/G: 205/ticker/127

Height: 5'3"

Sounds very decent, it's what my new plan is, since Nov 1st I've been trying to stick to it... I've been at a plateau for over 6 months now and I need to do something quick before I get too depressed to care!

High-protein breakfast, then I usually have a hearty soup for lunch (i love split peas, or a good squash soup) and a multigrain bun and fruit, then a big salad with a portion of meat for dinner. And so many salad+meat combinations! I never get bored and I always end up inventing new delicious meals.

It's definitely a good way to go, it hasn't been nearly as hard to stick to it than calorie-counting, although I've been struggling lately, I definitely think it's a good healthy plan. Keep going!
RienQueNny is offline   Reply With Quote