Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-24-2010, 05:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/157.5/130

Height: 5'1

Default Can't go to the Gym - Busy Schedule :(

Lately, my days have been packed with things to do that I haven't been able to squeeze in Gym time. I'd usually go 3 - 4 times a week for 2 hours. Now, (if the time allows it), I've been going 1 - 2 times for at least one hour per week. I'm a calorie counter and I try not to pass my calories especially when I can't go to the gym, but it's hard! I always pass my calories by a few numbers.

I do workout at home, but it's not the same for me. I love and prefer to go to the Gym. I'm currently at 178 lbs and have been for 3 weeks steady. I would have broken the 178 lbs by now.

Do any of you have suggestions on what to do when you can't go to the Gym? What is something you did when you couldn't go to the Gym and worked for you?
whatadiaryisfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

What are you busy with? Is it stuff you can juggle around to make more time for what is important to you? Is it temporary with the holiday or a permanent busy-ness?

I don't go to the gym - I do 2 thirty minute walks per day (2 miles per walk) and lift hand weights and then stretch before bed. Can you chunk your work out into smaller pieces to fit into your schedule?
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

First, if you are there for 2 hours, you probably have an inefficient workout. 30-45 minutes of hard lifting and OR 10-20 minutes of HIIT cardio can be done in an hour, producing very good results.

If you must work out at home (and I often do because sometimes I can't get my boy into the daycare), you can do:
bodyweight exercises (see http://www.bodyrock.tv)
kettlebell exercises (buy 1 kettlebell) <- these are what I do
outdoor running or sprinting

Good luck!
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/157.5/130

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagirl View Post
What are you busy with? Is it stuff you can juggle around to make more time for what is important to you? Is it temporary with the holiday or a permanent busy-ness?

I don't go to the gym - I do 2 thirty minute walks per day (2 miles per walk) and lift hand weights and then stretch before bed. Can you chunk your work out into smaller pieces to fit into your schedule?
Hi. I'm busy with College. I'm trying to get into the Nursing program, but they have me running around from hospital to hospital trying to get vaccines, etc. done. Then my college classes are everywhere in my week. So I go to several classes in one day. I use to squeeze in Gym in the mornings until 1 pm (which is when crazy class schedule starts). I don't get home until 9 or 10 pm. But now I have these appointments in the morning which has me going to the Gym only 1 or 2 times per week now.

Unfortunately, the Gym I go to closes on Sundays and it's only open from 12 - 2 pm on Saturdays.

"Can you chunk your work out into smaller pieces to fit into your schedule?"
I didn't think of this. lol. Thank you! I'm going to try this.
whatadiaryisfor is offline   Reply With Quote