Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 04:28 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#306

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME!!!
Old 03-28-2003, 05:23 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Ok, since nobody will let me get away with starting a new thread and not posting, here goes.

Thank you to everyone who IM'd, PM'd or posted support for my nasty, dumpy mood. It really helped. I started the day with my apple, as usual. I stopped for Subway for lunch. I had a sub with no cheese, turkey breast & ham, and lots of veggies. It was however, a foot long, but only 12 points for the whole thing.

I have a new job that started last week that puts me into 4 Walmarts every week so my temptation for those damn peanut butter cups is much more often than when I just need to go get more water, but I'm happy to say that in 4 visits last week and 4 visits this week, I have not even once thought about them, let alone bought any! Hip Hip Hooray!!!

I also came and started the new thread awhile ago and then fought with myself over getting on my AirWalker before posting. And guess what??? I did that too. Only 5 minutes, but that's 5 more minutes than I've done all week, so maybe I can get back with that program too.

Donna: A shopping list on your computer! You are OCD!! But then I guess Flylady has all that stuff too, so maybe there's something to it. I grocery shop so sporadically, that it would never help me out.

Katrina: I can sympathize, or is it empathize (?) with you on the "motivational discipline" (I like that, Donna). My honey has to get really steamed before he says anything to anyone and that's not very often. Sometimes I get/got furious with him for the lack of support and then when he did stick his nose in, he would go waaaaay overboard. MEN! Can't live with 'em, and you can't shoot 'em!!!

Mary: Hope you had a great day off! Did you do something fun? It was Fun Friday, after all! * Not hearing from your brother since Tuesday, is that a good thing, or a bad thing?

Tina: You've got such a sweetie for a hubby. He just keeps coming up with some really nice stuff. Mine is supportive from time to time, but I loved your statement, "I can still be like a ticking timebomb if he says the wrong thing at the wrong time". Funny how they had better tread lightly!!!

Deon: You're right, I do need a complete attitude adjustment! I am so very proud of both of our boys. One will graduate this year and the other next. I knew it was coming, but did I start soon enough to get the job done? NO! I'll try to stick to the AirWalker now. I'll be able to tell if the hips shrink because they fit really tightly now between the 'poles' of the walker. Maybe there's a chance if I just move my A$$. One can only hope.

Well girls, honey just called and said he's off the freeway. That's my cue to leave and go get fish from the Catholic church's fish fry up around the bend. I will catch you all later. Thanks again for all your helpful support. I love you all!

God Bless America!

I wish they'd give us a little smilie waving a flag!

Last edited by thinthinker; 03-28-2003 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-28-2003, 06:39 PM   #3  

Hey Girlyfriends,
You gave me so much to read again today. It's taken me like forever to read all the posts. But thats just because I have had such a busy day and this is the first chance I've gotton to get on the puter and play.

Thin: Sorry I wasn't there earlier when you were in crisis. But I'm here now and got a big ole {{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}for you. We can all do this together.

Okay I'm on this new thread and can't remeber what everyone wrote.....rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....well, you all know I'm here for you all the time. And I had to stick my head in the door today so I will continue to get the e mail things. And to let you know I'm here.

Hugs to you all!!!
Sandy
Old 03-28-2003, 06:43 PM   #4  
a work in progress...

I'm glad to see you a bit more cheerful, Thin! Keep at it on the AirWalker...you can do a lot in 5 weeks! Consistency, is the key! heh heh...I'm a fine one to talk! nevertheless......

I'll be back after I make dinner...Linguine in Spicy Red Clam Sauce...I'll share the recipe if it comes out well.

Old 03-28-2003, 06:43 PM   #5  

Thin: Suggestion regarding the PB cups, leave all money and, atm, debit, and credit cards in the car trunk. If you are like me, you won't walk all the way out to the car, back in and then stand in there lines no matter how much you want them! Hope things will get better with you real soon. You are talking to the woman who is so OCD that her grandson tells her when SHE hasn't done something. He said, "Nonny, you forgot to hang your keys back up on the hook." I also clean my bathroom floors on my hands and knees instead of mopping them, wash the toilets out by hand as I don't think brushes do a good enough job, and drive my dh insane darting around the house during commercials because watching them is wasting time where I could be doing something else. As unbelievable as it is, I shelve my pantry according to the type food it is (each type gets it owns shelf), make lists for my lists, and even organize our closet with every hanger facing the same way, all like clothing hung together and even then it is divided like, Dockers, blue jeans, dress pants, etc. My husband puts away the clean clothes just to screw stuff up some! Of course, I usually lower the boom on him for that! I have been this way for about 28 years. I drive my dd nuts because I go over to sit for T and straighten up everything for her while she is gone again because to me sitting down is wasting time. When we went to Indiana, I cleaned the bathrooms in the hotel everyday before the maids got in there. When we left, the two of them (dh and dd) were keeping an eye on me but not close enough as I cleaned the sink and tub, wiped down the tile floor, piled all the dirty towels neatly in a pile, dusted the furniture and straightened the beds (they came back in before I could get them made.) Why the heck am I not a size 6???????

I had a total break down tonight. I was wonderfully OP all day and dh took me to all places On The Border and I lost my mind! I haven't had Mexican food since I started my program and went totally insane INCLUDING DESSERT (though I ate very little as it was icky). In my defense, I also didn't eat all my dinner, but one bite is probably my cal for the day. Oh well, I will work it off I guess and be OP tomorrow.

Well ladies, I need to start a load of laundry. (I cannot believe I just said that. I did all the laundry (all 2 loads of it) today and only have the clothes we went out to dinner in the basket. Brother. I am going downstairs and force myself to sit and talk to dh.

Your nutso friend, Donna
Old 03-28-2003, 07:42 PM   #6  
Dancing those pounds away

This is will be brief and to the point.
One of the newest "missing in action" is from my home town.
His name is Lance Cpl. Thomas A. Blair.
He is only 24 years old.
I am asking for a seperate prayer just for him and his family.
I know many people do not believe in the power of prayer... but ..
I ask you too... to stop for a single moment and say a prayer anyways.
Just tell God that I sent you.

They are also sending out an entire Company from here.
They are Company B, the 111th Area Support Medical Battalion.
Please add a seperate prayer for all of them too.
There are a LOT of women in this company.
It will only take you a minute... and it may give them a lifetime.

Thank you soooo much.
Old 03-28-2003, 07:56 PM   #7  

2cute, my prayers are said and I will pray for them again tonight when I hit the bed.

I wanted to share with all of you a story I heard today on the radio on the way to work.

It was about a singer? Can't remember her name from long ago and when Vietnam was going on she did a lot of shows. Well in later years I guess she wrote a book and one of the men who had seen her while in Nam, went to stand in line to show her the picutre he had from then and to get a book signed. Well apparently the owners of the store stated before they started that no memorabellia was to be signed, only books. Well he was second in line and he pulled out the tattered old picture. They immediatly said You cant do that.....but the lady stood up and said I CAN TELL BY THIS PICTURE AND THE YEAR IT WAS TAKEN YOU WERE IN VIETNAM AND FOUGHT FOR YOUR COUNTRY AND OUR FREEDOM. SHE TOLD THE OWNERS NOT ONLY WOULD SHE SIGN HIS TATTERED PICTURE BUT SHE MADE THE WHOLE LINE WAIT WHILE THEY HAD PICTURES TAKEN AND SHE SAID ALLOWED TO THE MAN, THANK YOU FOR FIGHTING FOR YOUR COUNTRY, AND THANK YOU FOR PROTECTING ME AS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN AND STANDING UP FOR WHAT THIS COUNTRY WAS BUILT ON. They say there was not a dry eye around as this woman spoke those words. Then later at dinner, the mans wife asked what was wrong and he started to cry and said that the Lady was the first person to ever Thank him for the job he did and appreciate what he stood for. So for any veteran or military man/woman you see now, make sure you thank them too.

I thought that was a touching story, I wish I could remember the actresses name but I can't but wanted to share what I could remember of the story. Hope you all enjoyed it too. Remember to thank them when you see them.

Lord, please look out for Lance Cpl. Thomas A. Blair and keep him safe in your sight. Also please watch for Company B, the 111th Area Support Medical Battalion that has just shipped out. Keep them all safe while they fight for what is right.
Old 03-28-2003, 07:58 PM   #8  

Tina???? What happened? They took Tonis car???? Whats up with that?
Old 03-28-2003, 08:30 PM   #9  

Ladies, it looks like things in Iraq are beginning to become more and more personal to us. Though many see us as war mongers, I believe this was a command from God. That is not popular, but many times in the Old Testament, battles were fought over things similar to this. In those battles, the right prevailed and the right will prevail again. For those of you who are against this war, just remember that generations of men and women have fought wars that others thought wrong to protect the freedoms we take for granted today. Thousands of men were killed in one solitary day on the banks of Normandy to protect the very country that has turned it's back on us. Many men died in that same war trying to extinguish the evil caused by Adolf Hitler and his countrymen have turned their back on us too! Scores of men came back from a war not won only to be spit on by their own countrymen. Maimed, emotionally bankrupt, many of these men could not stand having their own people hate them and they took their own lives. Don't turn your back on your country at this time. The men and women in Iraq need to know that we are there for them, care about them, pray for their safety.

2cute: You have all the prayers I can muster for this young man and his family. My heart breaks knowing that his fate is uncertain. Thank you for caring enough to bring it to our attention.

I am going to copy the prayer I left on the other thread as it is definitely worth repeating.

"God, give us strength to bear what we must at this time. Give great knowledge to those in the White House, the military leaders and those in authority. Temper the mouths of those who rail against us and give courage to those who stand for right. Protect the weak dear Father and give strength to those who must stand against the enemy. Our hearts are broken for those who have lost their lives, are detained and tortured by the enemy and whose families must bear this pain. Give them comfort at this time. Free our men from their imprisonment, give them rest to be able to continue the fight, the knowledge to know what is true and what is not and the energy to continue on. You alone control this universe and we thank you for all you have done and will do for us. In your Son's Holy name. Amen"

May God Bless and Keep all those who are protecting us right now!
Donna
Old 03-28-2003, 08:46 PM   #10  

Well said Donna. You have such a way with words. But wanted to give a big.....
AMEN
Old 03-28-2003, 09:34 PM   #11  
You and Me in 2003

Unhappy

Hi all
DH and I had a huge fight tonight over the most trivial thing. I got so mad at him. I spoke too soon brother called today still saying he was going to kill himself. My friend is back in the hospital having seizures. I am starving and want to eat everything in sight even though I haven't.

I will pray for all our soldiers. DH was in Vietnam as well as my uncle. I had relatives in WWII. I lost a GGG Grandfather in the Civil War so I am praying hard for all of them.

Hope all of you have a good night. I have to work in the morning till 12 and for the next 3 Sat. National Library Week in April 7-12 so we have lots of programs planned. We have to have something everyday of that week.

Son is leaving for work and dh is watching boxing(I wish I could box his ears).

I am so thaankful I have all of you to talk to
Well I better get off here before I start crying on all of you.
Old 03-28-2003, 09:43 PM   #12  

Default Surprise

I just can't catch a break this month. Now I have a terrible head cold. My head just wants to lay down. I took a good swig of NyQuil so this will be short!

Tina, "Our" boy has some intense eyes. Thanks for sharing with me. (I am sure that is the only part you look at too, being a married woman and all)

Let's see, last weekend I worked outside - you know the drill - rake, burn & shove stuff around. Sunday I cleaned the porch. The weather was great and I walked every day. Now it is cold again and then there is my cold. I sure hope I can at least get a walk in tomorrow.

I shouldn't complain since the last snow storm missed me here on the west side. Baylee I bet you saw some white stuff, huh?

Talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 03-28-2003, 10:38 PM   #13  
Progress..not perfection

Dear Lord,

We come to you tonight to humbly ask you to keep our troops safe....all our troops. Please be with all the families that have lost loved ones during this conflict and give strength to those who are afraid of losing the ones they love. Please be with the ones that have been captured and give them the patience and courage they need to stay strong during this ordeal. We also ask that you be with all the young men and women that are being deployed as we speak. Give them courage to do what they have to do and wrap your loving arms around them and keep them safe. I pray that those that have lost their lives while fighting for us now have peace. Let this come to an end before another life is lost. This we humbly pray.......amen.

Lucky: I'm so sorry you feel bad my friend. I have been pretty lucky so far this year and other than a stomach virus have not been sick. (knock on wood) Where is dh's head when you need it? By the way, got another picture for you at the bottom. And, of course his eyes are the only thing I look at. What kind of a woman do you think I am?

Mary: Stay strong sweetie. Remember we are always here for you and we love you. Dh's can be a butt, and don't they know just the right time to argue with us? I'm at a loss as to tell you what to do with your brother. I just don't know, but I'll keep praying for him and for you. Try not to let them get the best of you and remember that food won't do anything but make you feel worse.

Sandy: I am madder than crap about them impounding Tony's car. Here's the official report:

FORT WORTH, Texas -- In an unprecedented move Friday, NASCAR officials disallowed defending Winston Cup champion Tony Stewart's primary car from competing in Sunday's Samsung/RadioShack 500 at Texas Motor Speedway.

The car, which had not yet been used by the team, was confiscated by NASCAR and its backup, another unused chassis according to Joe Gibbs Racing team manager Jimmy Makar, was pulled out of the transporter in its place.

"I'm not sure we ever have done this," NASCAR president Mike Helton said.

NASCAR impounded the car and planned to return it to its technical and research and development facility in Concord, N.C., to investigate it further.

"The uniqueness of this action comes from a great deal of action by NASCAR, the race teams and moving to the common body locations and the new templates, to eliminate the exoticness of the cars," Helton said. "This is the first case of a car being outside the box that was built for them.

Jimmy Makar, Joe Gibbs raceshop manager, said the original No. 20 Monte Carlo failed the "X measurement" test, which is one method of determining a car's body placement in relation to the centerline of the chassis.

"It's a measurement from the corners of the decklid up to the corners of the roof, across the back glass," Makar said. "In the X they look for offsets to the car and the measurement was bigger than what they told us they were going to allow."

Makar said the discrepancy, which he cited a half-inch, could not easily be corrected at the race track, so the back-up car was taken off the hauler.

"Why it was bigger, we're not really sure yet," Makar said. "We build every car the same, but that car, for whatever reason, showed a little bit bigger.

"It's not so much a case of body mounting points as it looks at offsets at different points of the car, from the roof to the decklid. What it's designed for is to keep you from offsetting the decklid way over to the right."

Helton said a determination of any advantage the car might have had would be determined at the R&D center.

"We have taken it to keep it in that condition and to investigate further rather than have them (team) cut it up," Helton said. "The resources of the R&D center give us the ability to understand things. We'll take it back to the R&D center and determine more about this situation."

I am VERY upset about this. Joe Gibbs (Tony's car owner) racing is the ONLY active organization that has never been penalized for having parts that didn't meet quality standards and I have never heard of them taking the whole car. What a load of $hit. Pardon my french, but I am burned up. Oh well, Tony will do what he does best, and make buttholes out of all of them.

Well, I thought that I'd have time for more individual replies, but I am dog tired and I'm gonna get some rest. I ate another bag of yogurt raisins today. I'm am reporting in that I had a successful day. I was successful at eating another bag of raisins. I MUST and will do better tomorrow. In the words of Scarlett O'Hara......After all, tomorrow is another day.... (I didn't even have to make up the southern voice. It's already here.

Dh and I are alone tonight. Trey is spending the night with a friend and Brian is spending the night with my Mom. He just came through in his underwear and said, "Hmm, you and I are alone tonight...don't try to take advantage of me." Wonder what he wants?

Oh well, here's some inspiration. I guess it doesn't matter where you work your appetite up at, as long as you have your big n tasty at home, huh?

Geez, I'm on a roll tonight. I started my post out with a prayer and ended it up thinking sinful. I'm beginning to think Kat is rubbing off on me.
Old 03-28-2003, 11:49 PM   #14  
A Work In Progress

Talking You guys are still the greatest

Some of you guys mat remember me. I sure hope so. I posted a few months back for a few days. I am the one that had read a year's worth of posts before posting myself.

Well, I have still been reading the posts but I have not been posting. Why you ask? Well, because I could nto stay on track for any amount of time and I felt like a failure.

Anyway, i have been doing good for a few weeks now and decided to "test my wings". A couple of weeks ago I was at my lowest ever. Well, actually my highest (weight that is). I could not even stand to look in the mirror. I think I hit rock bottom when I stepped on my digital scale for the first time in a year and it said E for error. I was devastated. My scale is supposed to weigh up to 330 pounds so believe me it brought me back to reality and fast. I found out later that my scales must be screwed up because at the doctor I weighed 317. Not at all good but better than 330+. Anyway, I am ready to get this weight off and keep it off.

I think this is the best thread on 3FC and I think that you guys are the best!! I will stick around this time if you will have me.

In case you dont remember a thing about me, I am 28 years old and I have 2 boys ages 8 and 2. I am a SAHM.

One more thing, I was wondering if any of you would mind giving me the site with your pictures on it? I understand if you would rather get to know me better, but I have just seen references to it alot in my lurking and would love to see who I am talking to. Anyone please feel free to email me. My email is [email protected]
Old 03-29-2003, 12:27 AM   #15  
a work in progress...

Question EXCUSE ME????

I'm the one who never sees my husband, remember???
Nothin' sinful going on over here, except the volume of his snoring...hoo boy...some major decibels happening in the next room!!

Welcome, robntracy! This IS a nice group, isn't it? Good luck in your efforts...stick around, post, get some inspiration, motivation, a few chuckles...maybe more than a few! I think the pictures you are referring to are the ones that some of us exchanged at Christmastime... you won't find any pictures of me on any website...I don't want to scare anyone!!

It's too late for replies and recipes...I'm yawning like crazy. I'll see you all tomorrow!
Closed Thread