Diet Blogs and Journal FAQ and Help Forum Support forum for members of our Community Journals and our NEW Diet Blogs

Old 11-21-2010, 05:15 PM   #1  
You'll be given love...

S/C/G: 328/283/140.00

Height: 5'5

Default Comments from foreign/wrong blogs and spam.

Out of nowhere I'm starting to get comments on my page like "Great article, keep us informed" followed by "CHECK OUT OUR TEEN GIRLS" and yesterday someone left a Youtube video for a pink car party in France and of course, the big comment in French was for some dude named Chet.

Icing on the cake? A bunch of people were commenting on some article that -somehow- had nothing to do with 3FC at all. It was some blog about cars thats not even on Wordpress and somehow ended up on my blog. :/

This didn't start until last night. Help? It doesnt even seem like spam (Well, the Teenaged Girls thing is definitely spam)

Last edited by Nebuchadnezzar; 11-21-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Nebuchadnezzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:06 PM   #2  
You'll be given love...

A lot of these are coming with this website link:

http://www.webhostingreviewz.com/ipagereview/
Old 11-22-2010, 12:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

I'm getting a ton of this too - I think the Wordpress platform needs to be upgraded & the spam filter needs to be put to the latest version - I have a 3FC blog & a regular wordpress blog & am only having this spam problem with the 3FC blog because the software is many versions out of date....
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:47 AM   #4  
You'll be given love...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahinparis View Post
I'm getting a ton of this too - I think the Wordpress platform needs to be upgraded & the spam filter needs to be put to the latest version - I have a 3FC blog & a regular wordpress blog & am only having this spam problem with the 3FC blog because the software is many versions out of date....

I wholeheartedly agree. I got 4 tonight from people wanting me to purchase baby swings...
Old 11-23-2010, 09:16 AM   #5  
it's always something

We made a change a few days ago that people cannot register for blog accounts on their own, we have to manually create them for them. Most spammers are not going to contact us by email to create an account for them, so this will help control spam. We weren't thinking as much about comment spam as we were splogs, which are blogs that just post spam entries. Splogs have been a major problem.

The change will also help with comment spam, but only if you have your blog set up to only allow comments by registered users. You can also set it so that comments are flagged as spam if they contain links.

If you are getting comment spam by a registered blog user, please post or PM their blog username for me and I'll ban their account.

I agree that the blog is an outdated version. Hopefully tech will look at that soon.

Thanks
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:54 PM   #6  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Thumbs up

Thank you for this post. I'm being overrun with spam on my 3FC blog. Like 20 comments a DAY on old posts.

I'll PM you the list of user names starting now. It's become a daily task to go through and "spam" the comments that are pending moderation.

I did go in and change my setting to no longer allow comments at all, but that's only on NEW entries. All older entries still allow comments (I see no setting to change past posts' comment-ability, except on EACH individual entry) and those are the posts that are overrun with spam, daily.

*sigh*

Thanks for working on this. It'd be a shame to have to shut down my blog due to this nuisance.

Cheers,
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:36 PM   #7  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Just an update. Another 46 spam comments waiting for me to moderate, today. :\

I know on my "home" Word Press blog, I can disable comments on old posts, but on the 3FC blog, I have to do so one post at a time. Not sure it's worth the time to do that.

Any ideas?

Do you still want me to PM you these spam comments? I sent the last 20 a week or so ago.

Thanks for looking into this. Very frustrating.
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I've been thinking about deleting my blog, just because of the weird comments. Everything from someone asking me how to use their new ipad, to completely non-related gobbledigook.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 08:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

I haven't used my blog for a long time and actually can't figure out how to log into it because it's been so long. Recently, I have been getting tons of email spam comments that everyone is talking about.

Can someone please delete my blog for me? Thank you. CJ
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:08 PM   #10  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

I have been getting a ton of spam too, very annoying. I was also thinking of deleting my blog.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:54 AM   #11  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC View Post
The change will also help with comment spam, but only if you have your blog set up to only allow comments by registered users. You can also set it so that comments are flagged as spam if they contain links.

If you are getting comment spam by a registered blog user, please post or PM their blog username for me and I'll ban their account.

Thanks
Thanks for that, I shall change my setting now that I am using my blog more regularly.

I haven't had much spam and some of it has been amusing, but it is irritating, so I shall hurry over there and block the lot of them!
stef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:13 PM   #12  

Height: 5/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJZee View Post
I haven't used my blog for a long time and actually can't figure out how to log into it because it's been so long. Recently, I have been getting tons of email spam comments that everyone is talking about.

Can someone please delete my blog for me? Thank you. CJ
Can someone delete my blog also.My blog name is sweettea
Sweet Tea Sweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:09 PM   #13  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Blogs are deleted automatically if they're not updated in 4 to 6 weeks. It used to be 6 weeks, but I think it's been cut back to a month.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:12 AM   #14  

Height: 5'7"

Is that true? Mine was still there after I took a 4-month break from it...
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:39 PM   #15  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by abluvion View Post
Is that true? Mine was still there after I took a 4-month break from it...
Yeah I dont think that is true either lol if you look at my 3fc blog you can see I made a post in August 2010 then nothing else until Jan 2011 lol and it wasn't deleted.

I am super glad it wasn't though lol
moonkissed is offline   Reply With Quote