Old 08-13-2010, 02:01 PM   #1  

Default New WW Plan for 2011?

Does anyone know about the new WW plan for 2011? I heard they are totally revamping the plan. Free fruits and veg, and a different way of calculating points. If this is true, I am very excited about it.

Has anyone heard anything in their meetings? The receptionist at my meeting did give me the heads up, but no info.
mari2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

I've been going to meetings for the past year, every week (except for 2 times I missed) and I've not heard anything about it.

Interesting though...let me know if you hear anything more!
Iianae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:04 PM   #3  

They usually roll out the changes early in December. It's about time for a revamp. It'll be interesting. I've been lifetime since 1977 and have been on every single WW program. It's always been the best program because of the continuing research they do. I'd love for fruit to be free!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:31 PM   #4  

Quilter, your stats are awesome. Congratulations!

I too am ready for a new plan. I've been on different versions of WW over the years, but never kept the weight off.

Someone over on the official WW boards posted that the Weight Watchers International quarterly financial statements talk about a new program in 2011. I went and spent time googling (I just had to know!), and it does say that in Australasia and the U.K., Canada and the U.S. a totally revamped plan will be rolled out for 2011. Points will be calculated differently than they are now, and the whole plan will be different.

Honestly, I'm ready for change. The article also said that this will be the first major change in WW in over a decade, when points were first introduced. I think it's very exciting. And I agree with you. Free fruit would be heaven. I know that fruit and veg never made me fat.
mari2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:27 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

I heard a rumor that the new plan will be rolled out shortly - possibly November. I just re-joined and I'm looking forward to when the new plan does roll out, so that as a group we are all learning about the new plan. (I like it when we are all on the same page with a plan for the meetings.)
KimberlyinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:58 AM   #6  

I can't wait. I love fruit but only have 18 points so it's difficult to fit in much of it. I been on all the WW plans and really look forward to shaking things up with a new plan.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:42 PM   #7  

Cool

Our WW leader told us that they all had to sign confidentiality agreements. One leader who worked for WW for 20 years put something on her Facebook page, which is easily tracked, and she was fired. Our leader just said there will be big changes if you like sweets & bread, and the new program starts for us at end of November.
antiquilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:46 PM   #8  

If its like the European plan of the same name, bread and sweets will cost a lot of points.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:29 PM   #9  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

If points are calculated differently I hope they will give me a refund for the points calculator I just bought!
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKoo View Post
If points are calculated differently I hope they will give me a refund for the points calculator I just bought!
Me too! I am just getting the hang of this (3 weeks in) and am really enjoying it, I might stick with the 'old' plan anyways!
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 288/273/168

Height: 5'9"

Default 2010 New Plan

So tonight at WW the leader told us the new plan is coming the first week of December. She says it is exciting and she is in love with it; but she could not give more details.
NLGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:44 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 334/267/232 (For now)

Height: 5'2"

OMG I havent gone and stayed for a meeting in weeks. I'm so excited at the idea of something new. Although It will be a little frustrating to learn a whole knew points system, but if fruits are free that would be GREAT!
tamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:03 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 351/303/???

Height: 5'9"

I had to register because I saw this thread online and wanted to share what I heard.

My sister has been doing WW for a long time and just told me about some of what she's heard so far. I don't know how I feel about what she told me. I think it is good but it'll be hard for a lot of people, especially those of us still pretty new to the program. Here is what she said:

There is a totally new calculation for everything. They will be using different things to figure out points (not calories/fat/fiber). Kind of sounds like they are trying to look at WHERE the calories come from (fat, carbs, protein) and not just the calories.

Fruits/Veggies are "free." You can eat as many as you like, except for starchy ones like potatoes

People will get more points, but things will also cost more points. But it sounds like if you like fruits and veggies, you can fill up on those to save points for other stuff.

She also said if you notice, there have been a lot of sales lately. This is because everything is being repackaged or phased out because of the changes. Most everything WW produces will be more points (maybe 1-2), so they have to change the packaging to reflect the change.

She said it also sounds like you'll kind of HAVE to get calculators and/or e-tools to figure stuff out. That part I don't like.

It sounds like, as far as health goes, they are placing an emphasis on filling foods. Things that are "bad" for you are going to be more penalized. So that part is good. My sister was saying, early on, she was losing but was eating a lot of 100 calorie packs (chips, cupcakes, etc.). She lost, but she didn't eat all that healthy still. She's thinking it will be harder to do that now because all those packs will probably be more points since they are high in carbs (and sometimes fat).

So take that for what it's worth. I usually trust what she tells me about WW. She seems to have insider knowledge or something (lol!). I guess we should probably just wait until our leaders or the e-tools talk about the changes. I hope they give us enough time to adjust instead of just saying, "Boom here you go!"

I don't like that it sounds more complicated. I liked WW because it was pretty simple once you got started. This sounds like a lot more thinking. But it DOES sound like it will force people to be smarter about the foods they eat, rather than sneaking by with all these small portion foods that really aren't healthy. So that is good.

Sorry that was so long! I wanted to share what I heard. I guess we should be on the lookout for changes.
GinaMyBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:10 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 161/154/140

Height: 5'5

Hmm sounds interesting. I don't attend meetings, I just do WW on my own so I will be interested to hear what they are changing. I figure if I don't love it I'll just continue the way I'm currently doing it heh heh So far it's working!
Trishg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:25 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 334/267/232 (For now)

Height: 5'2"

Im a little nervous by all the changes. Although it would be nice to have fruits be free. I'm not really in the mood to learn a whole new points calculation formula. Right now I can basically do the points in my head. Blah. I'll just wait and see how it goes.
tamia is offline   Reply With Quote