South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 12:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Wacky Weekend Chat

It's the weekend before Thanksgiving ladies and gents. How do you plan to stay on plan, lol. Let's make this weekend a good one!
Old 11-20-2010, 03:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, Okie!!! I'm actually planning on straying on Thanksgiving Day (pretty much just for the dressing, LOL) and then getting right back on track. Not the BEST plan, I know, but Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday next to Christmas and I've made my mind up not to deny myself on that day. I am, however, making SB friendly desserts AND we're eating out instead of cooking at home, so I don't have all those leftovers to contend with.

What's everybody's plans for this weekend???

I'm off all weekend. Today we ran most of our errands (except I forgot to go to the bank, oops!!!). Tomorrow we're going to attend the Mistletoe Market (http://www.mistletoemarketperry.com/...ludes/body.asp) and just see what it's like since we've never gone before. We've got to hit up Wal-mart at some point during the day and I'm going to try to put up some blinds I've been needing to put up for several years now and maybe paint the study and dye my hair. I'll probably save some of that for Sunday, of course. Sunday I'm going to make up the pumpkin bread so I can see how it turns out. I'll take it in to work on Monday and give it to my shift to eat, LOL

Ooh, if anybody goes to Sam's Club and likes edamame, they have an 8 pack of steamable bags for $5.98 and it's YUMMY!!! Even has the sea salt packets included.

Hope everybody has a nice relaxing weekend!!!
Old 11-20-2010, 03:47 AM   #3  

P.S. I've been talking myself out of going to the gym all night b/c my iPod is dead and I don't have time to wait for it to recharge...but I'm about to bite the bullet and go ahead and go. This will be the first time in forever that I didn't miss a workout during the week and have to make it up on Saturday or Sunday, LOL
Old 11-20-2010, 06:12 AM   #4  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Good morning Okie, Natasha

Sounds like fun, Natasha. I plan to allow myself a plate of Thanksgiving food as well... No seconds though, and give away all of the leftovers (except maybe a bit for the kids) I am holding Thanksgiving tomorrow for my stepkids and grandkids.

I am still sick, and I have a million things to do today, no rest for the weary. I woke up early, coughing... Got up for a hot shower so I wouldn't wake DH (who is being nicer to me )

Please, oh please, let me feel better today.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:17 AM   #5  
Queen of shifting minds

Rikki, I just saw your post I have been in the salon industry since I was 15 as a shampoo girl.... 17 as an apprentice, and 19 I was licensed... I am now 44, but I am a young 44, and have a huge trendy clientele. I am super busy too, for the holidays and hope to be through January (and beyond) I wish I could share my hair blog. Can I? There are no ads. I just assume I can't.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:34 AM   #6  

Just got home from the gym...I finally got up and went, LOL About to go to bed so I can get up in time to make it to the Mistletoe Market.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:37 AM   #7  
Queen of shifting minds

Good to you for going to the gym !!!!
Old 11-20-2010, 06:44 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning cheerful early risers I was awake at 5:30 but I wasn't happy about it. My body just doesn't understand the sleeping in thing.

Okie - Did you see Harry Potter?

Natasha - Happy Weekend off!

Beloved - So sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope you get lots of support and help this weekend.

Not much going on here - cooking, cleaning, shopping and a little work. We have 2 conference calls today, an hour each, and I need to monitor them. I can just put speaker phone on and do what I'm doing though so not a big deal.

We are going to brave Trader Joe's. We discovered Sunday mornings around 10 are really quiet and hope that's true this weekend too.

Thanksgiving is very low key for us so no problem staying on plan. I make individual pumpkin cheesecakes but just use a little almond meal in place of a crust.

How is your weekend shaping up? Stop in and say hello before life gets busy. I'll put an extra pot on
Old 11-20-2010, 06:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning girls,

Okie ~ My plans are to stay on-plan not only through the weekend, but to try to make it through the entire week OP. I'm making several SBD friendly recipes to include in our Thanksgiving dinner, so my only challenge will be trying not to over-eat. I hope you manage to stay on track and have a plan for Thanksgiving dinner, too.

Natasha ~ Have fun at the Mistletoe Market! I'm looking forward to visiting a few Christmas markets myself. Did you get to the gym? I'm in awe of your dedication to getting your workout everyday, even with your busy schedule! That's a great deal that Sam's Club has on the edamame, but I'm not a member. I'll check at BJ's though to see if they have a similar deal, since I love edamame.

Beloved ~ Feel better today and don't let that coughing get the best of you! I'm so glad that your DH is playing nice again.

Jake and I are watching Amber and Tyler today, and are picking them up at 7:30 to take them to breakfast with us, then we're coming home to make gingerbread men. I promised to take Amber to Barnes & Noble for a special book signing, too, so we'll include that in our day.

Good morning, Cyndi! I'm glad your conference calls today aren't going to put a damper on your weekend!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 11-20-2010 at 06:59 AM.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:24 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

good morning Cottage. Now I'm wondering what ever happened to my gingerbread boy and girl cookie cutters Could you send a little of that gingerbread baking smell my way?
Old 11-20-2010, 07:26 AM   #11  
Be happy.

Good Morning!:

I've got a busy weekend planned, lots of cleaning and cooking to get done before family starts arriving on Monday. In between tasks today I'll be babying my dog. She's used to being the queen of the castle and she's not going to be very happy about the "grand cats" visiting for the holidays.

I've got tons to do but I'm feeling much better this morning. More rested and less overwhelmed (I'm pretty much caught up at school now), so I'm hoping it will be easier to focus on eating well and exercising faithfully again. I'm anxious to see the scale moving down again....

Hi Okie

Natasha, your comment about your iPod made me smile. I've exercised without an ipod for 3 decades but like you, I feel like it's a tragedy when I have to do my long walk without my iPod these days! LOL Mine is getting some age on it now and it just doesn't stay charged as long as it used to.... but I'm not ready to invest in a new one just yet.

Beloved, I hope you feel better as the day goes on today. I've got my :fingers: that your family Thanksgiving will go really well.

Hi Cyndi, I still haven't made it to the new Trader Joe's in Portland. My daughter wants to check it out while she's here from Houston so I'm hoping we'll get there one day this week.

Good morning Cottage, I'd like to be hanging around your house this afternoon - I absolutely LOVE the smell of gingerbread. I'm not that big on the taste but boy do I love the smell of gingerbread cookies in the oven. I make them for my k students to decorate every December and my colleagues always act like I'm so dedicated to do that... but the truth is I look forward to that yummy smell all year!

Enjoy your Saturday friends!
Old 11-20-2010, 07:27 AM   #12  
Be happy.

I just saw your post Cyndi, I guess everyone likes that gingerbread smell, eh?
Old 11-20-2010, 07:43 AM   #13  
Mini-goal: 260

S/C/G: 325/ticker/154

It's just hubby and me for Thanksgiving; I think we plan a nice steak or shrimp dinner, with fresh veggie side dish. Christmas will be more challenging with my parents and sister here for the holidays.

Phase 2 starts on Sunday for us. My husband does all the cooking (except for my lunches, which I make in a big batch on the weekend), and I'm not sure exactly what he has planned for the week. I think we adding oatmeal for breakfast this week, but I'll know more after grocery shopping today. He's done a great job of keeping us on track (easy to do when we only have SB friendly foods in the house - we made a huge donation to a family friend (who are down on their luck) of the foods we can't/shouldn't eat any more recently. Now we just buy what we should buy.

Monday I start - oh, how I wish I was kidding - P90X with a friend (him at his home, me at mine) in the mornings. This is in addition to my usual twice weekly sessions with the trainer at my gym, and DDR on the Wii. I suspect I'm going to regret agreeing to this before the 90 days are up.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:15 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I didn't get home from Denver until late last night. I was tired but made an OP dinner and let myself get some rest. We're going back down this morning. The Museum of Nature and Science is having final viewing of many of the mastadon, mammoth and sloth bones which were found this fall when they drained a reservoir in Snowmass, near Aspen. The locals are joking about renaming their town Snowmastadon. It should be exciting. I'm taking an OP lunch with us.

Okie, thanks for getting us started. How do I plan to stay on plan? First, I will plan. I don't do well with surprises. For me, saying I'm going off for the day doesn't work too well. On Thursday when we had a turkey meal, I only put OP foods on my plate, then had one piece of pumpkin pie without whipped cream and ditched the crust. I didn't bring leftovers home that weren't SBD friendly. I'm also being very careful in the days leading up to TG. I want to be thin more than I want to eat all that stuff, especially since I have such a strong tendency to overeat.

Natasha, the Mistletoe Market sounds fun! Great job planning ahead for the week. Yay for getting to the gym!

BelovedK, it sounds like today will be a bit of a struggle since you don't feel well. I have posted my therapy group website before. I don't think there's a problem posting a link here in a daily post.

Cyndi, I hit some stores yesterday and got stocked up with salad stuff for my lunches. Any other things I need to do will be early. Have fun today!

Linda, your day with the grandkids sounds fun!

Heidi, I'm glad to hear your kids are coming-and the grandcats! Poor Penny!

Annie, your TG plans sound nice. That was very thoughtful to give your off plan foods to a family friend who is having hard times. Lol on P90X.

Ok, off to wake up DH. We need to get rolling here!
Old 11-20-2010, 08:42 AM   #15  
Queen of shifting minds

Good morning all!

I am in a great mood (despite being sick,) DH is being REALLY nice! I am still in my PJs and getting ready to light candles and start the big job of cooking and cleaning! I actually love it as long as I get help with the rest of the house (which I will)

xo to all!
Closed Thread