Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-19-2010, 05:31 PM   #1  
Graceful Loser

Default I disappeared.

Well, technically I haven't shown myself much on the forums EVER but I was logging in everyday.. back in the summer. Then a lot of bad things happened and I quit exercising, quit eating right (I didn't do horribly but wasn't doing my best either) and quit logging my progress. I also quit updating my personal weight loss journal.

The funny thing is I've only gained one pound back - I feel like I've gained more but the scale says only 1 pound. But aside from that, I feel absolutely disgusting. My skin looks worse, my hair has literally been falling out (from stress most likely) and I'm completely unmotivated to do anything. This is a complete change from how I felt before. I mean I was moving along great, no problems whatsoever except an annoying plateua in the 230's.

I'm upset that a few emotional obstacles could cause me to derail and become so.. apathetic. Where is my drive and how do I get that back? Can I force myself to care?

Good Lord, this is embarrassing. I can't believe I have the gall to admit I've been so miserable.

On the other hand, it's good to be back! Haha.
Hamoco350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:34 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Hey you didn't do bad at all- only one pound is good.

The skin and stuff will clear up as soon as you start eating healthy again, maybe adding a multivitamin will help?

Welcome back
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 246/233/175

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back.. ;-)
jefferzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:22 PM   #4  
Graceful Loser

beerab - I plan on adding a multi ASAP. Any suggestions? Also, thanks!

jefferzzzz - Thank you, good to be back.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:45 PM   #5  
Kicking the soda habit

S/C/G: 214/204/165

Height: 6'0"

Awww. Welcome back. I think it 's even harder trying to jump back into a routine after falling off the wagon like that. A 1lb gain is not bad at all. (And look how close you are to you goal! )

I second the idea of a multivitamin- that seems to help me bunches. You may be right though- the hair loss may just be stress-related. I highly recommend yoga. I was never that into it and I go through phases of sticking to a yoga schedule, but if you can really set aside 20-40 minutes and follow a good routine, it could make a big difference.

I've been in a bit of a slump for the past few weeks myself. I got sick- I think it was the flu, and I just can't seem to get back on track. I ate so very little for about a week and I'm afraid I've more than made up for the loss. :| I'm honestly afraid to even step on the scale.
GreenTeaYum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:55 PM   #6  
Graceful Loser

Kristina,

Thanks for the advice! I actually enjoy yoga but I have a hard time fitting it into my schedule. When I was exercising regularly I was so focused on my treadmill and spinbike that I rarely made time for yoga, although I felt much better when doing it.

I also got really sick right before I fell off of the wagon. I was so sick for three weeks that I couldn't keep food down. I suffered a huge 15 pound loss, gained most of it back, then lost it again. It was very stressful - the ups and downs drove me crazy!

Yep, I'm close to goal! I set my first major goal for 200.. I was afraid to pick a goal weight so I'm just playing it by ear. After I reach 200 I'll go to 190.. then 180.. then who knows!

Thanks for the helpful and kind words!

Last edited by Hamoco350; 11-19-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back!
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:38 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamoco350 View Post
My skin looks worse, my hair has literally been falling out (from stress most likely) and I'm completely unmotivated to do anything.
My hair was getting thin and my skin was dry.
I was told to eat a couple of tablespoons of raw pumpkin seeds a couple of times a week.
I bought them at a health food store.

My hair grew back thicker than before, but it took a few months.
And my dry skin went away also. My energy came back too.

You sure did a good job losing all that weight.

I am working on my second 20 lb weight loss now.

JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:14 AM   #9  
Graceful Loser

Thanks, Rana! I'm psyched about being back.

Jolina, thanks for the tip and congrats. Good luck to you as well!
Old 11-20-2010, 05:07 AM   #10  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Welcome back and good job with not falling completely off the bandwagon and regaining, that is a good sign that when you reach your goal and need to maintain, you may not struggle so hard to do it. Doing decently and not gaining is an art, in and of itself

I am glad to see you back and I wish you the very best progress down the scale!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:14 PM   #11  
Graceful Loser

Thanks, Arctic Mama! I was extremely surprised that I only gained a pound. My clothes weren't any tighter.. but the bad food made me feel like I gained a lot of weight back!

I'm happy to be back on the weight loss wagon.